“Luxury, no detail missed”
Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Sequim
“Luxury, no detail missed”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Got back from a trip to California with a cold. Did not feel up to driving home so checked in at Cedarbrook. What a smart move on our part. Everything was wonderful. I felt like I was at a luxury resort...not in Seatac. The landscaping was gorgeous. Everyone treated us with kindness and made us feel so well taken care of. The rooms were beautiful. The continental breakfast was very classy and we were delighted with it. We left for home feeling well rested. I highly recommend staying here. This is the most luxurious hotel near the Seattle airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ArdyceS
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am excited that we are your home away from home...or rather, your home on your way home.

Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook at the conclusion of your California vacation. We would always love to have as you as our guest pre or post trip.

I very much appreciate your kind words and the wonderful review you posted on TripAdvisor. Thank you.

See you soon!

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
North Dakota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a place you wouldn't think is in the middle of a housing area but it fits so cozy in the middle of a forest area that is unique to the surrounding area. We had a hard time finding it our GPS took us all around the property but once we pulled in it is beautiful very modern place with very nice clean rooms with free ice cream in the fridges in the common areas(The kids loved this). the breakfast was great oatmeal fresh berries fruit a must to start your morning. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Other than the issue with the GPS (I assume you were using an Apple product or Google maps....as we have been working with them for well over a year to correct their mapping/directions to Cedarbrook. We seem to have no luck in making progress in this regard), I am truly happy that you and your children had a wonderful stay!

Furthermore, I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 11 February 2014

As others have rightly said this is a beautiful, secluded property just next door to Seatac, but one would never know it. It's more like a mountain resort than a hotel in a congested part of the city. The free snacks in the lobby hangout area is a nice, tasty feature. But beware of outrageous parking charges on top of the high rate. And if you are a wheelchair user pray that it doesn't snow while you are staying there. The staff does not clear the sidewalks and it's a hike to the rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles R
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate all your kind comments and accolades. But moreover, I am grateful for your constructive commentary. While we did indeed "de-ice" and shovel the snow (we usually get 1-2 snow falls per year), I must admit we were later than expected in accomplishing this task. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

In terms of parking...a necessary evil I know, especailly in an urban environment. As part of our culture of creating memorable experiences steeped in "value", I would like to share that our parking rates are 20%+ lower than all other SeaTac area hotels and 50%+ lower than downtown Seattle and Bellevue hotels.

I do hope you will provide us the privilege of serving you again in the future.

My best,

Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel makes up for the flight you just had-or will have. it's quiet, luxurious, and friendly. The restaurant is excellent (and priced accordingly) and well worth it. The guest lounge with fireplace and free snacks is warm and welcoming. And did I mention that it's just minutes from the airport?

Room Tip: I think that they all have lovely views!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gwen B
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. If a few words are able to paint a picture in time...you are an artist.

I truly hope to have you as our guest again.

Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is our second or third time staying at this property. And again, I am super impressed. We got two rooms after we missed a connecting flight in Seattle. We called for the shuttle super late (1am), and the driver was willing to work with us as we had some baggage issues. He was there within 10 minutes of my phone call (remember that the hotel is only 5 minutes away from the airport).

The check in was extremely fast, and again the desk clerk was efficient and personable. But, as always, it's the hotel itself that is so remarkable. It is peaceful and serenity seems to ooze from the stones. The lodge itself seems solidly built, and very homey. The artificial babbling brook was quite nice, on the short walk to our room. And, of course, the grounds are spectacular.

The doors to the rooms are all very wide, and solid. I did not hear any sound coming from outside the room, whatsoever. All of the electrical plug ins were out of view, but still there behind some discreet compartments. The beds are simply dreamy, and a nice iphone (4S and before) compatible alarm clock . Since the last time I stayed, they added a keurig coffee maker, with 2 k-cups included. Also, with 2 tea bags. The windows were expansive, and the room darkening shade was perfect for a restful night's sleep. The tub was fantastic for soaking, and bath salts were included. The bathroom amenities were quite nice. It's in all of the small stuff that a hotel can really shine. The room does not feel small at all, and everything feels solid.

The included continental breakfast was smaller than many other hotels, but the food itself was of much higher quality. The oatmeal, and provided nuts and dried berries was great. The orange juice tasted fresh squeezed. The meats were obviously fresh and plentiful. The yogurt and granola tasted absolutely fantastic. There were hard boiled eggs, Yami yogurts, bagels, toast, dried cereal, milk . . . bottom line, I would rather have there be less food and have it be higher quality than a lot more and have it all be pre-processed.

The only bad part of our stay was the phone call to set up the reservation. I did not get a live person for 6 minutes, while I heard the same looped message over and over. It would have been nice to immediately get someone real, and have them say that they are dealing with other customers, so you at least know someone will eventually answer.

Bottom line, for this price point, it just can't be beat.

Green Features: I was very impressed that everything seemed geared for environmental sustainability.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Clinton H
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that not only did you return to visit us for a second time, but that we did not disappoint. I am grateful for your taking considerable time to write such a detailed and kind review of your experience. Furthermore, I truly appreciate (even at 1am in the morning) your constructive commentary regarding reservations and the hold time at that time of night. Such comments certainly help us to improve.

I look forward to having you as a guest again for a third (and fourth, and fifth) visit.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our business team of 9 members conducted a weekend conference at the Cedarbrook Lodge. The lodge is only 7 minute drive to SeaTac airport but you'd think you were in the San Juan Islands or a Cascade mountain lodge.
There is total seclusion and even quiet (no airplane noise) on this property.
Conference room was well equipped and comfortable with fast Wi-Fi.

The interiors of the Cedarbrook provide a get-away-from-it-all ambiance that is pure Norhtwest vibe: post and beam soaring ceilings and two-story windows looking out onto beautiful and serene landscaping.
Hotel rooms were 4-star with everything a business traveler would want including possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, a wide desk and real office chair, a reading chair with ottoman, huge flat screen TV.....
Lunches were provided by the hotel and were outstanding: fresh salads, home made dressing, salmon..... again, 4-star resort quality.
Even the coffee was gourmet Cafe Vita.

If there is any improvement I would want is more of a hot breakfast. The continental breakfast, while fresh and appealing, leaves one wanting for an omelet.

The lodge is only 9 minutes drive to Southcenter Mall, with the usual chain restaurants, but also some excellent Thai restaurants, plus Grazie Italian which our team greatly enjoyed on evening.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank frgjms2040
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that your small conference was successful. Thank you for choosing Cedarbrook Lodge. Although we have established a niche as a desire get-a-way, we remain highly dependent and appreciative of business travelers and meeting/conferences. It is our desire to provide a little something for everyone that creates a memorable experience.

It is in that vein, that I express my gratitude for your wonderful review. I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your conference attendees in the future. As a side note, for groups and conferences - we have a full hot breakfast banquet menu to choose from (including a chef attended omelet station).

Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here one night as it was close to the airport. From the shuttle service to front desk, restaurant and room service the staff were very pleasant, informative and unobtrusive. The food and wine were great, and the room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The grounds and hotel itself are beautiful. The free snacks in the "livingroom" (shared by all rooms on the floor) were a great treat after a long flight! I want to make the trip to SeaTac just to go back here- I've never said that about an airport hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook (yes....we are considered an airport hotel and I am glad we are your favorite) and that we were a wonderful surprise.

I will be certain to share your kind comments with our culinary and beverage team, as well as the entire staff of the Lodge.

I do hope to see you again soon!