“Peace and Quiet with your own Pillow Menu”
Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
“Peace and Quiet with your own Pillow Menu”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the airport and the light rail, it was last minute and we weren't expecting very much. The Cedarbrook Lodge was the hotel we chose... What we received was honestly, one of the best hotel stays we've ever had. The customer service was excellent, everyone we encountered was genuinely nice. The grounds were beautiful and peaceful, even though you are in a neighborhood about 5 minutes from the airport pick-up. The beds were so comfortable, and then the pillow menu makes it even more comfortable. It was kind of hard to leave the room. The hotel was a mini vacation on top of our vacation. I can't say enough good things. Next time we will definitely book early.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alleah P, Front Office Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Albert,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of Cedarbrook Lodge! I appreciate you being our guest and taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor.

While it does not surprise me, I certainly am pleased your stay was one of the best "ever", as you described! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chicago
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ever heard of a serene and scenic retreat at the airport? No, me neither until we stayed at Cedarbrook Lodge where we were treated to an incredibly peaceful and secluded feeling just minutes from SeaTac. Professionalism and attention to comfort and detail are abundantly evident. A real first rate stay at a very affordable price.

Room Tip: There's probably not a bad room here.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review of Cedarbrook Lodge. You are absolutely correct - we are the oasis at the airport, who would've thought? I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we have to offer at Cedarbrook Lodge.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I foolishly traveled to Seattle this week making hotel reservations on price line.com. This was a nightmare because upon arriving at the priceline.com reserved hotel, I learned that I didn't have a reservation. I spent the next 2 hours on the telephone (mostly on hold) waiting for Priceline to resolve the problem but finally just gave up and requested a refund. By this time it was midnight and because of many summer holiday visitors and a major league baseball game, all the hotels were booked or rooms available were $500 to $1000/night.

I drove around trying to find a room for a no-show at some of the places I had stayed before and even called the Hilton Diamond line but couldn't find a room except an hour or more away.

I couldn't even use the normal search sites because the day had changed so they were no longer taking reservations for the evening I had arrived. Finally I got a room for the next day at Cedarbrook Lodge. The Receptionist told me they did not have a room for Monday night (the evening I had arrived) but I did have a reservation for Tuesday but since they were sold out they couldn't accommodate me for the first night. I asked if they had any other suggestion thinking I would be sleeping in the rental car and they told me they had a room with a Murphy bed. It was fine and I appreciated the effort they made to solve my problem.

I moved to a "normal room" the next day. The hotel is lovely, quite and serene in a garden setting. It has a good breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) and a number of living room like lounges in different buildings (complete with snacks). The hotel takes extra steps to be eco-friendly in their operation.

The main restaurant is absolutely amazing but I will write that up separately.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 August 2014

very unique place; lovely setting - can't believe it is an airport hotel.
Room and bathroom were large and inviting; very, very clean.
Everyone at the front desk and restaurant were very attentive;
breakfast was super nice.
restaurant was excellent; wish we could have spent more time there, but had to catch our plane in the morning. would love to return.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your 5-star review on Trip Advisor! I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Cedarbrook Lodge. We wish you could have spent more time in Copperleaf Restaurant and Bar, too..... but the good news is, you can always come back.

We hope to see you soon!

Best wishes,

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Once again we were thoroughly pampered during our stay at Cedarbrook Lodge. From the valet
the front desk people, the dining room host, the room service-at every point of contact, the personnel were very pleasant and professional. The rooms and the grounds were so tranquil. The idea of a "pillow menu" is unique and just one of those extras you wouldn't expect. "Continental breakfast" really doesn't give the selection offered an apt description.
I frequently add a night, at the end of a long day of business, to my stay to recuperate before
flying home- its worth it!

Dear Patty R,

Thank you for being our guest at Cedarbrook Lodge, and thank you for taking a moment to review our property on Trip Advisor!

I have to thank you for the comments regarding our staff, we strive to be pleasant and professional every step of the way. We hope to welcome you back to Cedarbrook Lodge very soon!

Birmingham, Mi
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel, a 7 minute shuttle ride to the airport, is nothing like any airport hotel you have ever stayed at. Beautiful, retreat like, grounds, great food, free snacks including Haagen Daz until you burst, water, chips, fruit, etc. They make you feel warm and welcome. An amazing stay...our 6 year old said it was the best hotel of our vacation! Would definitely go back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recently being our guest at Cedarbrook Lodge! And thank you for taking the time to post the review on Trip Advisor - I see you are a Senior Contributor!

We, too, enjoy the beautiful grounds and our complimentary amenities. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cedarbrook Lodge whenever your travel plans bring you to the Seattle - Tacoma area!

Vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've stayed at Cedarbrook three times in the past six months, and the stay is always perfect. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful, the staff is the best I've encountered at any hotel, and the rooms are a good size and functional. The 'no extra charge' snacks available, whenever you're feeling peckish, are a great feature. I've stayed at the Fairmont and Westin previously, but since discovering Cedarbrook, I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dienne,

Thank you for being a frequent guest of ours at Cedarbrook! I appreciate you taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I am very inclined to agree with you -- our amenities are wonderful and our staff is even better. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!