“Great for military travelers”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and staff was quite friendly. If you are military they will give you an excellent price discount. Located super close to the airport. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the restaurant...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Darcy S

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Called the hotel to ask where to go for the hotel shuttle at the airport and the agent hung up before I could ask when he would be there. Had the hotel shuttle pass me while I waved from the pickup spot. Called the hotel several times with no real answers. Once I did get picked up, no apology from the driver, just passed the blame to the previous driver. At the front desk, just a quick sorry here is your room. It was 10pm and still needed to get things done before bed. I won't return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Denverworldtravel
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a couple of nights to spend in Seattle, and we agonized on where to stay, until we realized that the Clarion at SEA/TAC was the answer to our dilemma. Just a few steps to Light Rail and a quick trip to the center of Seattle, it provides a huge savings over downtown hotels. The accomodation is a little bit tired but absolutely comfortable. The front desk could not be more helpful, we really appreciated their efforts. Staying here made our time in Seattle perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank skyhoosier
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Fine for a one night stay, shuttle was prompt to and from the airport,room was comfortable and quiet. Restaurant service was very good, friendly staff,average food. Overall a bit dated and this is being addressed, restaurant will move this fall to new location on first floor.
front desk was helpful getting more toner so we could print our boarding passes. Adequate for a one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EMMAFLORIDA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We choose the Clarion because it is close to light rail, restaurants and local attractions. There is a restaurant on site serving breakfast and dinner. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Light rail is a block away,eliminating the need to hassle Seattle Traffic and parking. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear have less noise'
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SublimityCharlie50
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night & it is convenient to the airport. They couldn't find our reservation for ages & stated that we had booked the wrong night, etc, etc. finally they got it right.
Air con is noisy & it's all a bit shabby.
Very convenient to the light rail and only 35 mins to downtown Seattle. We'd probably do this next time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked to stay here for just one night when arriving on a late flight to Seatac. I had 2 small children traveling with me and checked no bags, so I thought I'd call the shuttle right as we were deplaning so there would be no delay. I was told (rudely) by the front desk staff that I had to call when I was actually at the pick up spot. I dragged my tired kids through the terminal to the very noisy parking lot and called again. I was told to look for the the shuttle. We sat there 25 min, surrounded by mostly smokers waiting for their shuttles. Some hotel shuttles came around TWICE while we still waited for ours. I called again at the 25 min mark and the woman acted like she'd never spoken to me prior. They sent the shuttle 5 min later, and the driver seemed to have no idea he'd been late. When we checked in, the woman behind the counter (likely the woman we had called) made no apologies, even when we told her we waited for 25 min. It was ridiculous. The room was adequate. Bathroom fixtures were squeaky and the walls were thin — we woke to the sound of other guests in the hallway in the early AM hours. Would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family