“One of the better ABVI locations”

Americas Best Value Airport Inn
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Honolulu, Hawaii
“One of the better ABVI locations”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our group stayed in ABVI locations in Oregon and Washington. This location was much better than Portland, even with the airplanes overhead.
Pros:
1. Rooms and towels were clean.
2. Good location, near the airport and Westlake.
3. Breakfast was good.
4. Shuttle service to the airport was a treat.
Cons:
1. No elevator, it was rough on the elders in our group.
2. Interior of shuttle van was a bit torn up (but at least it runs).
3. Did not get to use the iron because they could not locate it (we stayed 4 nights too).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori A
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Lori,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay! We are very happy we were able to accommodate your group and you were able to have a nice clean stay at a value. We definitely want to make our guests stay experience great so I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to/from the airport and you found our proximity to airport and Westlake near by for your use.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cleveland, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 May 2014

...This is an inexpensive place to stay when you are flying out or taking a cruise. The good parts--our room was clean and freshly painted. The bathroom was good, the beds were comfortable. We had a room on first floor (no elevator) so we didn't have to lug bags up the steps. We were away from street noise. The shuttle was prompt and comfortable, the driver was courteous. The desk clerk was very personable. The wi-fi worked well.
...The disappointing parts were that the towels are small, the sheets are thin, the room is dumpy in appearance, the housekeeping a bit lax (missing bulb in one of the lights.) Amenities provided with the room were minimal. The breakfast included is skimpy. The computer available to guests was out of order. The street in front is BUSY, the neighborhood is rundown (but doesn't feel dangerous) and the nearest restaurants were an IHOP and Denney's. We left for the airport as soon as we could the next day; we didn't want to stay in the room.
This was our second experience with this chain. The first was in Michigan where we stayed in a much more attractive and welcoming room. We expected the same here, and were disappointed. We'll check the reviews more carefully when dealing with America's Best Value Inns in the future.
In all fairness, I have to say that we DID get what we paid for, an inexpensive night's stay, but we had expected a higher quality facility.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the street as possible, and on the 1st floor. Plan on eating breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank walt c
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Walt,

Thank you for the feedback and review. We defiantly strive to provide guests a good value on their dollar. We want clean, comfortable rooms with guest service there to help and answer questions as needed. We are glad you did get the value and service as you stated and we hope to make it better next time.

Thank you!
Sydney
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently stayed one night a this place before an early flight out of Seattle and we had found our self walking into a very damp smelly room. We understand that this is not a high quality hotel and our expectations on the room were exactly met, although the real issue came at about 8pm when we had a knock on our door from a lady who immediately walked away when realised it was us staying in the room. About 15 mins later another man came knocking on the door and same deal. I contacted the front desk who informed me that there was a gentleman who had previously stayed in our room for a few weeks, which immediately led us to believe that there was some dodgy business being conducted right out of this room. Anyway the front desk brushed it off with a "sorry, nothing we can do". Through the night there was one more knock. Cheap long term parking is the only upside to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William S
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear William,

We are very sorry about the knocks on your door - we definitely want all guests to feel comfortable and at home. I will look into this incident and make sure its not repeating for other guests as we take guest feedback seriously.

Thank you and hope to see you in the future.
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I booked 6 double rooms for our wedding group between our flight to Seattle and our embarkation day for our Alaskan cruise.

The rooms are simple but clean and just what we needed for a quick snooze, shower and light breakfast before heading to the cruise terminal. The location was ideal for our purposes - we landed late and just wanted to get to bed.

I called the hotel in the morning before we left for the airport to advise that our group wouldn't land until 11 pm and likely wouldn't arrive until midnight. I wasn't expecting the free shuttle to work at that hour but was assured that they would come for us and they gave me precise and accurate directions to where to meet the shuttle. I was told to call when we were ready for pick up.

We all gathered at the pick up location and I called the number. At first I was annoyed that no one answered but then was delighted to see the van pulling up. No one was in the office answering the phone because they were in front of us!

The drive was short, check in was simple and quick and Andre even helped us order pizzas and arrange for group transport to the Pier the following morning.

For $60 what more could we ask for!

Room Tip: If you're not happy, just ask for another room. One of our group members wasn't satisfied a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very happy to see you had a good stop in between your flight and your cruise. We get many customers who use us for this specific need and we like to make it as convenient as possible.

We do have 24 hour shuttle and are glad that he pulled up for you as you were getting on the phone.

Hope to see you in the future!
Coquitlam
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have used this motel as a parking lot when I travel out of Seatac Airport on several occaions and always had prompt, courteous service at the best parking rate that I've found so far, especially when booked online.

Since I had an early morning flight I decided to pay a small surcharge and stayed for the night. I think my cost was around $40 extra to get a room for the night on top of a weeks worth of parking. If you need to park longer, book online for a week then pay for the extra days when you check in.

The room was neat and clean, and what I expected for this class of hotel/motel. My only complaint were the holes in the bedspread cover. They could really use some new covers. The sheets were clean and comfortable, as was the mattress. The room was a bit noisy with all the traffic coming from the main street, but my earplugs solved that issue.

Depite some of the other bad reviews, I think most people are not considering the class of hotel/motel this is. For what it is, I didn't expect much more than I got. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful, and he doubled as our airport shuttle driver.

I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MrMarcR
Dear MrMarcR,

Thank you very much for your feedback and being a repeat guest! We defiantly strive to provide the best service at the best value for our guests and we appreciate your business.

We do take guest feedback strongly and we are in the process of updating many features of the hotel including the bedding package so look for that the next time you are at the hotel!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked this room two weeks before arriving, there add said stay I night and get 7 free days parking, when I got there, they said I hadn`t booked it right, even though I had sent two more emails to them confirming that I needed 2 extra days parking on top of the 7 advertised and was willing to pay. I was told the I could not cancel my booking and get the parking package as they were full.....
I ended up at the Skyway Inn instead and was please I did.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Steve,

Yes we definitely do have park and fly packages that include 1 night stay and 7 days of parking. Please be advised to make sure and select the park and fly package on any of our websites you are booking to as those ones clearly describe the included 7 days you get. As long as the right room type is booked we will guarantee the 7 days included and additional days of parking can be billed at check in time.

I will have to look into your specific booking but if you did book a park and fly package you would be expected to receive 7 days parking.

Thank you.
Leavenworth, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotel check in fellow was good, and that was about it. SMELLY rooms, had a plastic type liner on bed, gross. You didn't want to sit down or get on bed, had a hole in the bed spread, but I think room was clean, couldn't see any visible nastiness, but the overall impression was GROSS.
The shuttle driver was rude. And that was after banging on door to get him to take us to airport at 3am. He wore a hoodie, never said good morning or any type of politeness. Cars are PACKED in a small lot. Our car was not waiting for us on the return trip. Good luck reaching these people on the phone from the airport. Must have rang 30 times, got disconnected and had to retry. Just very very bad place. Not what it shows on the internet pictures. Spend the $30-$40 dollars more and stay at the holiday inn!! My mistake. won't happen again!!

Room Tip: DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!!! Our room stunk like 50 year old smoke
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris W
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that you felt our service was not upto par. We do strive to provide clean rooms for comfort at a good price - as you indicated the room was clean. We will look into your feedback about other items that caused your impression to not be how we want our guests to feel when they stay with us.

Our aim is to delight our customer and this includes interaction with all front desk and shuttle drivers overall our staff does care to provide the best service possible and I will follow up from your comments to make sure this is happening as expected.

I am glad you were able to make use of our convenient park and fly option and I hope you give us another chance to host your stay in the future.