“Good place for a short stay”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Good place for a short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2008

I stayed at the Coast Gateway hotel from Feb4-8 08, while in Seatac for Business. The hotel is in Seatac, about two minutes from the Airport and not really in Seattle. Being close to the airport was a plus, but if the noise of planes bothers you, you may want to move down the road a little. My room was facing the street and you couldn't really hear the planes, but I bet it would be a little louder if you were tarmac side. Just a heads up.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. No real frills, but not dumpy at all either. The staff was very friendlly. The continental breakfast was nice, but they don't change it up. So after a couple of days it got rather boring.

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay and I'd consider staying here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lynden,WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2008

We have stayed at the Coast Gateway Seattle well over 2 dozen times since 2002 and have yet to be disappointed.

We have found the staff to be friendly, accommodating and most helpful with special requests. With 4 children we must book 2 rooms to accommodate all the bodies and often stay on both ends of our flights (or Mariner games) just to get in a few extra moments of pampering. We cannot say enough about the kindness shown the children and ourselves. The desk staff are quick at check-in/out and room service from the Sharps Roaster Ale House next door is always prompt.

The beds are comfortable and the airport "noise" is practically non-existent. While the bathrooms themselves are on the small side, it functions for the intended purpose. The rooms are spacious, and when staying on the airport side the upper floors offer terrific views of the airport and hours of viewing pleasure if you like to people watch. The bathroom amenities are generous and the bath linens are satisfactory.

The morning complimentary breakfast offers fresh made waffles w/ your choice of toppings, yogurt, various breads & bagels, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, coffee, tea, a variety of juice options, milk, hot chocolate, apple cider and three choices of cereal. We always walk away more than satisfied and the children look forward to breakfast before flying out.

The business center is well supplied and complimentary. Access is controlled by the front desk so there are no children in the way when you need to print tickets or check email. Computers are up to date.

Although a pool/ spa would be a nice addition, they offer a small fitness room that has limited equipment that is adequate to get a decent workout.

The property offers airport shuttle service and while we have never waited more than 10 minutes to get the shuttle, we have begun to walk to and from the airport just to stretch our legs a little more. The airport doors are only a 7 minute walk away so the location is excellent for a little pre-flight fresh air.

The Park and Fly lot is located at Masterpark Lot C, about 1mile north from the property. While it is a little bit of a hassle, the security and service of Masterpark is excellent and well worth the extra time and energy.

We will continue to use the Coast Gateway as our primary Seattle area hotel. While we have on occasion stayed at other properties in Seattle, The Coast Gateway is the our preferred option and we have recommended this property to dozens of our family and friends and no one has been disappointed with many returning anytime they travel.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank nwkauaiboy
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2007

The hotel seems nice when you walk in but the rooms were very tired. The drapes didn't close properly, the popcorn ceilings seemed dirty and a tiny bathroom with a single shower door installed over a tub which receded into a wall making it a very claustrophobic design.
The worst though was the cheap lumpy pillows and the turquiose blanket, time to update! The dishwater coffee at breakfast was just horrible and breakfast consisted mainly of white carbohydrates, why not have a bran muffin or whole wheat bread. Also our floor smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was suppose to be a non-smoking floor.
Also the garbage bins were emptied at 6 am, not a nice way to wake up.
There are lots of hotels around Sea Tac; my opinon is try another one.

• Liked — close to the airport
  • Disliked — old rooms,noisey and smelled like smoke
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank 01Julie
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

Stayed at this hotel in early October with several business colleagues. The hotel is very close to Seattle airport and offers complimentary transportation. Check in was pretty smooth and the front desk staff are pleasant. The hotel itself is certainly nothing special. The rooms are small, and the shower appears to be nothing more than a stall, however, once you open the door there is a small bathtub. The beds aren't that comfortable, and the pillows are really really tiny (very odd!). Quite cramped however. There is no complimentary wireless internet here ($6.95 charge) which is disappointing. There is a tiny "business centre" on the 3rd floor which is complimentary. For me, this hotel might be okay if you are stuck at the airport overnight, and will be leaving first thing the next morning. Don't consider this however, for longer than an overnight stay, and only if you need to be right near the airport.

• Liked — Close to the Airport
  • Disliked — Charge for Internet access and small cramped rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank galileocan
Forks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, the most recent stay on September 6th. You can't beat this hotel for convenience, cleanliness, and service. I liked my first stay so much that I became a Coast Rewards member on the spot, and each night I stay I earn 500 Alaska Air miles. I did learn to ask for a room that doesn't have a connecting door (you never know if the person in the next room snores or tends to talk loud on the phone at 3 a.m.) and that makes all the difference in the world - quiet and relaxing. Of course, this is true for most hotels, never get a room with a connecting door, always ask.

The rooms are clean, furniture and bedding in excellent repair, the wireless high-speed Internet access in each room is amazingly fast, there is a mini fridge and microwave, as well as a coffee maker with an ample supply of coffee, etc., and the bathroom is well lit and comfortable with all the items one would need while traveling.

You can either have a room facing International Blvd or the airport. On the airport side you would never know you were within walking distance of the jumbo jets unless you looked out the window, good soundproofing.

The airport shuttle, I believe, runs about ever 15 minutes or you can go to the front desk and let them know you need the shuttle and they will radio the driver to alert him or her that a guest is waiting. I've never had a problem with this, and the drivers always help me with my bags and are friendly and knowledgeable of the airport - just tell them where you need to go at Seatac and they will make sure you are dropped off as close to the area you need to be as they can get you. During my last visit I needed to catch the Kenmore Air shuttle to Boeing Field to fly to Port Angeles (I live on the Olympic Peninsula) and the shuttle driver drove me right to the pickup spot where the shuttle would be arriving a few minutes later.

The front desk staff are courteous, friendly, and very helpful. During my last stay I had arrived on the spur of the moment without a reservation and they had me in their computer system as a Coast Rewards member with my preferences, etc., and quickly checked me in, literally within 2 minutes flat. Non-connecting room, in the corner like I prefer, facing International Blvd. You can't beat that type of service, and they do it with a smile!

The room service at this hotel is EXCELLENT. The restaurant next door, Sharp's Roaster & Ale House, provides room service from 11 to 10 PM on weekdays and noon to 10 PM on weekends. They make the best house salad I've ever had, absolutely HUGE for a reasonable price, and it is a complete meal in itself. Their staff is just as friendly and helpful at the Coast Gateway staff, and as a habit when I stay at Coast Gateway I'm on the phone to room service ordering my salad for dinner.

All in all, this is the best place to stay at if you need a flight in the morning or have a layover.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Checking out. There isn't a single negative thing I can say about this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank forksbear
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2007

In spite of being very close to the airport (walking distance) my room was very quiet. Staff were pleasant and efficient, the room comfortable and clean, the pick up shuttle prompt. Can’t talk about breakfast because I had to leave before it was served (it starts at 5am). They have a great rate for Alaskans (Seattle is our hub to the outside world). I have stayed here several times and will do so again.

• Liked — Location is very handy
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Akoperagirl
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

This is a great little aiport hotel. Infact its so close if you don't have luggage you could easily walk it - but the shuttle turned up quickly once called. Had we known the area we would have walked to it with our cases after a 9 hour flight - it really is that close.

Check in was friendly and welcoming - all the details were just as booked. The room, on the 5th floor, was overlooking the airport but there was no distrubing noise - this is a very quiet hotel. The room was large, well appointed and exceptionally clean. Bathroom was well lit and had everything you needed - no complaints.

Breakfast in the morning was very sugary - cereals and danish etc - but good coffee was available and it was served in a small area off reception.

I'd recommend this hotel for a quick stay over to anyone. We paid $135 and I think this was good value.

Stayed August 2007