“Good Convenient Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good Convenient Hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Close to the airport and, although advertised as 3 star I would say 3.5. Only downside is the breakfast. Waffle maker, 2 sorts of cereal and muffins. I would walk 5 mins down the road (right) to Dennys. this Dennys is better then the one that is 1 mile left. You can always walk 5 mins further to Daves's Diner for that authentic American experience. I wwould not go here for dinner though. Friendly but too much like average home cooking. I had a aroom at the back fo the hotel looking onto gate A14 and did not have any problems with noise. Car park can be a bit tight but turn right as soon as you turn into the hotel and there are spaces by the front entrance which are always free. I got a great price and would stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor rear of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The staff was GREAT, made res through priceline then called to make sure I could get the type of beds I needed. Handled immediately. On arrival called for shuttle and he was there in less than 15 minutes. Helped load all luggage and suggested places to eat. Rooms were ready on arrival and though small they were clean and well maintained.it was a short walk to several restaurants and a shuttle to the mall. again the staff was the best, thank you. We never heard the planes that were right outside.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Checked in and no hi, or welcome, how may I help you, just, "name". No one we ever came in contact with at the front desk was every friendly. Got into our room it was decent, but very, very small, especially for five people. One person had to sleep on a cot. Asked for extra blankets, received two large towels. Asked again for blankets and no one came. Then about midnight when we were asleep, as we had a very early flight, someone knocked on the door. We didn't answer. Breakfast was the most basic, basic continental breakfast. Service it's purpose, but nothing exceptional. The reason we booked mainly was for the proximity and the 7 days of parking included in the price. Tried to pressure us to book on our return, now or never pricing. We declined. No apologizies, just excuses. If you go in knowing you will get a decent room, poor service and average breakfast, you will be pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Took a gamble and booked through Priceline. Overall, the hotel rooms were much better than I expected. Breakfast was the usual hotel fair -- nothing special.

Very convenient to Sea-Tac --- was at the car rental facility in about 5 minutes. Within a 10 minute drive, there is a major shopping area with a mall and all of the nationally known stores and chain restaurants.

Would have given a higher score, but I found the front desk staff to be less than professional.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I think there are a few mixed reviews about this place but I don't know why. I spent the night there last night. I arrived at the airport, used the courtesy phone to call for the shuttle and they were there in just a couple minutes. Zipped right over to the hotel in another 2 minutes at the most. You could walk it but I didn't want to with my extra luggage and after 10 p.m. at night. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. Happily accommodated taking care of my small cooler with frozen fish over night. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was comfortable. Just as good as any Marriott or Hyatt I've been in. My only issue which was mine and not really the hotel's is I had the A/C running and it gearing up to kick into the cool mode bothered me but I am used to sleeping in a place where it is 99.9% quiet at night. I would stay here again without any hesitation. Perfect location to the airport and I hardly heard any traffic on the road or any planes at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lori H
Lanai City, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Loved this Hotel. Big Rooms. Quiet considering we were facing the Gates at the airport. Close to good restauraunts. This is the only hotel we will now stay when we fly/drve out of seatac. Loved the breakfast included and good coffee in the room. Comfy bed. Front desk was efficient. No pool or sauna but there was a small fitness center.

Room Tip: Next time Ill ask for a room in the front of the building facing away from the airport. It actually...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeBobbie
Sequim, Washington, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed here a number of times when flying out of SeaTac and have always had a good experience but this time we found that the price had gone up $27 a night from just the week before and the clerk said that the rates were rising rapidly so that we should be aware of that next time. The hotel is clean and comfortable but I think there are better hotels at the rates they are now charging.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple