“too expensive for what it is”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Paris
“too expensive for what it is”
Reviewed 28 August 2008

It's clean and the rooms are ok (althought privacy was not really an option in the bathroom with its odd sliding, thin door).

The breakfast is below average, more like a super 8 motel type than what you would expect for such a price.

It would not recomment this hotel, there are much better, less expensive options.

• Liked — well, they have a shuttle to the airport, but that's about it
  • Disliked — way too expensive for what you get
  • Stayed August 2008
2 Thank scarlotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
california
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed when arriving & again prior to an early flight on our departure. The first night was adequate & room was clean- just skimpy on towels (and I agree about the shower configuration- knocked the skin off my knee trying to get out)
On our return, they checked in another guest under my name. The first clerk said I had to have my confirmation number & I explained we were there 2 days before and I had arranged for a late check. She said she had no rooms! She was accusatory & acted as if I wasn't being honest (yep, that angered me!)
The second clerk then came over & said she had double booked another room & had to go verify that no one was in it. We finally got a room & asked for a wake-up call (did not get it).
Overall, room is fine, noise not bothersome, continental breakfast better than most & price is fair. We would probably stay there again.

• Liked — room size & cleanliness
  • Disliked — one employees attitude
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Chester, VA
Reviewed 8 July 2008

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night when our flight was canceled. We were put there by the airline which paid for the stay. The good part is that it's close to the airport with a 24 hour shuttle. There's also continental breakfast, but we didn't eat there. Nothing special about the hotel - definitely a budget option without any extras - checked in at 2 AM and had to check out by 11 AM (no way to extend checkout). I wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Very basic rooms - similar to a Motel 8
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Love2TravelVA
Brisbane, Queensland
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Like most travellers who use this hotel, we had an overnight stay before an early morning flight the next day. We used the free shuttle service from the airport, which took a while to come, but only because of the congestion in the pick up zones.

We had a room overlooking the airport - an absorbing view. The hotel is so well soundproofed that we were not disturbed by noise at all, from inside or outside.The room was more than comfortable, very clean, nicely decorated.

Check in went very smoothly, and all our dealings with the staff were of a high standard. The person on the reception counter was able to attend to the needs of a number of guests simultaneously - she was obviously very skilled and exceedingly pleasant. We had no problems accessing the business room for internet access, and all our enquiries were handled well.

A self-serve continental breakfast was available from very early and the range of choices was good - from fresh waffles, cereals, fruit, toast, eggs etc.

We were close enough to walk to the airport the next morning, even though we could have used the free shuttle. It took about five minutes to walk, pulling our bags.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - it was great value for money.

• Liked — location, service, and comfort
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Juandah
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Stayed on a weekday in a superior room (at AAA rate). Bed was very comfortable, bath was clean, towels & robes thick, refrigerator. Overall, very clean and well maintained room. Hotel borders the runway, but with soudproofing the airport traffic wasn't a bother at all--actually pretty neat to have a front row view of gates A13 & A14! Front desk staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank jchunturano
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our last night of our vacation to Washington. The hotel is along a row of hotels directly near the airport. The main complaint I had was on overall friendliness and customer service of the front desk staff. I seemed to be bothering them when I asked them for something. One of the younger ladies at the front desk was constantly talking to her boyfriend and seemed little concerned about my needs. I asked about eating locations in the area and got a vague answer. Later in the evening I asked to get the key to the Business room and the key was almost thrown at me as she was again talking to her boyfriend about getting off of work. The room is fairly average and you do have some airport noise - though not bad. They did take us to the airport and the morning driver was friendlier than most. I would agree with the review of the continental breafast that it was better than most and the waffles were very tasty. If i had it to do over might consider the Red Lion Hotel which is nearby or the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Okietraveller
Michigan
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Hotel was very nice, great staff, nice clean rooms. It is located right by the airport therefore the windows are made to cancel out the noise but if you open the window you do hear the noise from the airport but it did not bother me at all. The best thing about this hotel aside from its appearance is the breakfast as they have the best Belgian waffles I've ever ate, delicious :) Overall a great stay.

• Liked — belgian waffles
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business