“It is what it is....”

Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I live in Portland and was headed up to Seattle to attend one talk at 11 am on the Sunday at ComiCon. I didn't feel like driving up at the crack of dawn on Sunday so I needed a cheap place to stay that was close to Seattle. In other words I didn't need much, just a safe clean place to crash for one night. And in terms of safe and clean, they met those expectations.

That being said, if I needed to stay for more than one night I would gone elsewhere. When I first pulled up I was put off by how dirty it was outside, I realize they are doing renovations but there was crap everywhere and it looked kind of seedy even though the surrounding area is fine. I waited to check in while some guest who was admittedly very high maintenance took his time driving the women behind the counter crazy. I get it, sometime customers can be a pain in the tookiss and she did a good job of not showing him that but as soon as he left she just started complaining about him..um yea not interested, just check me in. Once I was checked in and parked around back as instructed I tried to get in the back door with the key card and it didn't work (yes I know how to use a key card) so I had to haul all my crap around to the front.

The women from the desk was out front smoking and when I told her the card didn't work she just looked at me and said "oh it should" ... AND ??? Nothing, not let me fix that for you, just back to smoking. So I haul my stuff inside and all the way back around the building again. At least the key worked in the door to the room.

The rooms are being remodeled and they are clean because of it but for the life of me I don't know who plans hotel remodels or perhaps they were just drunk when they planned it. They are bare basic rooms, perfectly fine for a short stay. The pillows are a joke and they may as well not a have any, the shower head was about 6 inches lower than me and I am only about 5'7" and the shower curtain was two inches to short which meant that I had to mop the floor when I was done. The walls are paper thin and I could hear EVERYTHING from the room next door and finally jammed my headphones in my ears so I could sleep.

I'm conflicted about this one, I mean it was only 50 bucks and it was a short drive to Seattle, but then again I have stayed in cheap hotels before and had much better experiences. I am not high maintenance, I am not a fancy accommodation person and I don't have unrealistic expectations. As I said this is what it is, a 50 dollar a night roof over your head.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stopped one night for flight home to Alaska. First room had strong smell of bug spray. Most guests had their doors open so it wasn't a surpise that the 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th room also smelled. Guess they sprayed for bugs and forgot to air rooms. Found another hotel. Newspaper the next day: guest shot in room, died in parking lot, police present most of the night.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bootsoff
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have stayed in some bad hotels in my time, and they really don't bother me as long as they are clean and reasonable. We arrived late from a long flight with quite a bit of luggage and two large pet carriers with our (drugged) pets in them. I must say, the courtesy van driver was really helpful and courteous. I checked in at the front desk, which was in a very tiny area. The clerk had three friends hanging out in there--it was already a small space--and she left my husband's passport way at the end of the counter unattended. this made me uncomfortable, but ok. we dragged all of our stuff in about 5 different trips to the back 40. the review of the hotel said it had 'secure interior hallways' but the back doors were propped open with trash cans and people were moving in and out at about 1am by this time. we asked for a different room, but the clerk stated none were available. we got to the room, exhausted, hot and ready to relax. there were no sheets on the bed--just a hairy mattress pad. my dog found drug paraphernalia on the floor, the toilet had dried urine and hair on the seat and the coffin-sized shower had black dirty fingerprints and dried mucous on sides. we called down and got sheets. the hallways had clothing in them, there were people smoking pot (i don't mind pot smokers, but come on, in the hallway of the motel?). there were people gathered in the parking lot and it felt really uneasy with them coming in and out of the side doors. we did not want to finish our stay in this filthy property and when we contacted motel 6 to find another one to finish out our stay, they ended up filing a complaint on our behalf against the property (i did not intend to do this, but did relay why we wanted a refund and to move to another motel for the remainder of our reservation). This prompted a call from the [rude] property manager who basically chewed me out for reporting her hotel. She wanted to know if i had asked for another room, which i did, and why i didn't complain about all of these problems to them. I explained that i didn't want to cause any trouble, just wanted to check out and get my refund, which ended up in a complaint being filed. this wasn't my intent at all. She was very unprofessional and made me feel even worse than i already did. we barely slept and stayed in our clothes on top of the dirty bed. She didn't even apologize, which would have meant a lot at at that point, and no efforts were made to make up for our experience. i have stayed in motel 6's my whole life and they have always been clean, affordable and friendly. the one that we moved to in mount terrace was wonderful. i would not recommend staying in this hotel at all unless you are 18 and want to party. i guess the conversation i overheard saying 'no, we don't offer hourly rates' should have tipped me off at the beginning.

Room Tip: Maybe the remodeled rooms were better, i wouldn't know, i wasn't offered one until we checke...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank c w
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I began it get a little worried when walking the long way to our room because we went in the wrong entrance (floor/room maps would help at the front desk) some of the halls where they are renovating we're a bit dirty but there were notices everywhere about the construction and things a bit dirty in the hall ways is expected. Once we got into the room were pleasantly surprised. Everything completely new classy and nice. The quality of the cable was not great but that may be the cable companies fault not the motels. Over all pleased. Looking forward to a good nights rest!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pjdbck
Reviewed 4 October 2012

If you're looking for a cheap hotel, Motel 6 isn't bad, there are cheaper but it meets expectations. The room is strictly non-smoking but after staying, I could still smell the smoke in my pajamas and had to wash them. I saw my neighbor next door smoking by the door in the morning and that probably didn't help. At this price you don't get tolitries or a continental breakfast. The WiFi was pretty spotty, I had to disconnect and reconnect several times and I really couldn't use it for what I wanted. Next time, if I smell smoke, I'm getting another room.

Room Tip: Check the room for smoke before you stay.
Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Property is under renovation. I was in a room with new furniture, but the stickers were still on it. Walls not painted frim where the mirror had been. Housekeeping was mediocre. Could be a great place if there was attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

The free shuttle was great and the staff were helpful and friendly. However, once in the room, found a dried vomit on the floor and mattress that the maid had placed the sheets over. As in a previous comment I found after the stay, there were again hairs on the supposed clean bed and dirt in the corners on the carpet. Kept my socks on and after thirty minutes in the room, they were brown on the bottom. There is a serious need for deep cleaning and better house keeping. Will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: September 2012