“great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
SeaTac, Washington
“great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Ive been to many motel 6s' across the county and this one's the best. The staff was amazing. The manager , Dawn was very helpful. Thank you. I had to stay for 2 months and they took great care of me. the bus stop is right out front, and a gas station right next door. the place was kept very clean

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn L, General Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 in Seatac. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I checked into this motel because I had an early morning flight and the web-site boasted a 24 hour shuttle. Well, I was informed after I checked in, that the shuttle does not start running until 5:00am. My plane boarded @ 5:05am. I put in a request for a 3:00am wake-up call. The call arrived at 4:00am. I was told my the front desk clerk that they forgot to "fall-back". The time change happened over one month ago. When I returned from my trip, I contacted the motel to send the shuttle to pick me up. The woman who answered the phone said that the driver did not show up for work yet. He was supposed to be there @ 4:30pm. It was now 5:05pm. I was forced to take another cab. The money I had hoped to save by staying at this location almost caused me to miss my flight due to the late wake-up call, and cost about $30 in unexpected cab fare. The staff could not have cared less.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seattlegirl2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Seattlegirl2013, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This MOTEL 6 is one of the very few dinosaurs left accepting the old policy of "6 pm courtesy hold" without a credit card, the way it used to be not too long ago, before some hotel managers discovered a new way of making money even on an empty room because they want you to cancel 24 hours before the day of arrival or you lose your money!

Originally, I wanted to sleep in a Choice Hotel (Quality, Clarion, etc.) in order to have a second stay and get a free night because I already have one stay for their current promotion. I explained how this works in my review of the Quality Stuart, Fl., in 2012.

Unfortunately, the closest Choice hotels from the airport now have this lion to monkey deal and you lose your money if you don’t cancel 24 hours before arrival. I systematically refuse that deal because, every time that one of my flights has been cancelled (which happens more and more often nowadays), that has always happened at the very last minute, never one day before!

More and more hotels are adopting this horrendous lion to monkey deal simply because people accept it. Until the day their flight is cancelled, they lose their money and learn the hard way that you should never accept such a thing; thus my stay at this MOTEL 6.

UNFORTUNATELY, although this Seattle location has a free shuttle (which took 17 minutes to pick me up at the airport after I called) it is FAR FROM EVERYTHING and there is NOTHING WITHIN A WALKING DISTANCE. All restaurants, whether cheap or expensive, are concentrated along the International Boulevard, which is a good mile away! So I didn’t move from my room after I arrived, Saturday September 22 at 6 pm.

On the other hand, WiFi is $3 per day, and rooms are bigger than, BUT as Spartan as Ibis ones, with one double bed, a small table, one unpadded wooden chair and a padded, but not very comfortable, angle seat by the wall; just as in Ibis hotels in Europe and South America. I have posted several comments about those cheap and clean hotels in T.A.

There is a traditional individual, old, AC/heater unit, a telephone and a 32 inch LCD TV with video connectors on the front, BUT NO hair dryer, NO club chair (although there’s plenty of space to put it), NO frig, NO microwave and NO iron nor ironing board.

Without a car, this hotel is NOT a very good choice at $60.63 with tax, senior rate.

Since I was leaving the next morning at 5 am, I can't say anything about their coffee, which is all they serve for breakfast, starting at 7 am.

Note however that the LAX Motel 6, where I have been several times, does not serve anything, not even coffee. I also posted a review about that good value for money in T.A.

Next week, I will try to find a Choice hotel with an honest cancellation policy for my second weekend in Seattle and I will post a review about it after my stay.

Room Tip: Although I requested a room on the TOP FLOOR with WIDE OPEN VIEW, I was first offered room 218 with...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Efrin_Knight
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Efrin_Knight,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We checked in on the evening of August 2nd to use their park and ride program. With one night you receive 7 days free, so we paid extra to have our car there for 12 days. The rooms were newly renovated in a cool 50's style. The room was excellent. In the morning we were directed to park our car in the "U" shape parking lot and the shuttle took us to the airport. We arrived back from our trip on August 16th. We had phoned on the 15th to let them know that we our plane was delayed and we would be late arriving to pick up our car. THEY COULDN'T FIND ANY RECORD THAT WE EVEN STAYED THERE ON THE 2ND OR ANY RECORD OF OUR CAR BEING THERE!!!!

On the 16th, we arrived at the hotel, with my Visa record to prove that they charged me for a night on the 2nd and the extra days for parking. They finally found record of us, with the explanation that the person who checked us in put my first name for my last name and my last name for my first name. They also forgot to register my car on their list for parked cars?!!

The blonde lady who said that she has worked here for the last 10 years said that this has never happened here before, implying that they have never had a car stolen in the last 10 years. When the police officer arrived, I mentioned this to him and he said, "Who told you this?" and shook his head "No" that this is common.

He checked their security cameras and found our car being stolen just after midnight on the night of the 5th, just two days after us leaving our car.

The hotel claims no responsibility for any stolen cars and still charged us for storing our car for 12 days, no refund, even though our car had already been stolen.

In my opinion, if you want your car stolen, park here. This is only my opinion. We have learned our lesson. Pay more to park in secured, fenced in parking and also put a steering wheel club on your car.

Bottom line, the hotel rooms are very nicely renovated in a 50s style, but don't park your car without a steering wheel club for one night and don't park for more than one evening!!

Room Tip: Don't use their park and ride to store your car for your travels.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMDA3669
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Working for the past 30 years as a hotelier, this place made absolutely no effort to improve the state of it's property. The room is essentially a bed, shower and toilet. At best you should pay no more than $49.95 for a room as it is only a step up from your local hostel. Garbage litters every entry door, key access are used as ashtrays and the amenities, right down to your basic bottle of shampoo in the room, are non existent. The cooling unit rattles so much you can only open the window to get any sleep at night. The worst of course was the staff and check in. Never in all my years have I been to a place where service is provided through a small kiosk window. The purpose of a front desk is for the agent to multitask and deal with more than one guest at a time. Since I Vingcard key was not programmed properly at check in, the second night my tired daughters were left sitting on the lobby stairs for almost 25 minutes while the agent checked in 3 people, one at a time. Every direction we asked for got us lost in the city of Seattle so we bought maps and had to figured it our ourselves. At check out you may find yourself standing at the front desk, hoping one of the 3 people sitting in the back office will acknowledge you presence.

Our family went budget to visit Seattle for the first time. However I would have gladly spent an extra $50, as should you, for the basic amenities. Don't be fooled from other reports of "clean new furnishings". The only reason they look clean if first of all they don't have any furnishings and what they do have they buy at the same place mcdonalds gets theres.

As a hotelier I never slam any establishment as we all do the best we can with what we have. However the blatant disregard for basic cleanliness, lack of amenities, bad service and being charged over $50 for a room here warrants a seriously bad review.

Room Tip: Best tip to choose a good room here is not to. Spend an extra $30 to stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Denis R
Kent, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I found this hotel at the last minute after a cancelled flight put me into Seattle late at night. I arrived at the hotel around midnight (no free airport shuttle, and it costs $10-15, one way, from the terminal to the property) and was disheartened to have to check in through a security window, bank teller style. My room itself had some sort of linoleum or vinyl on the floor (I was actually relieved that there was no carpet!) and looked as though it had recently been remodeled in the manner of a college dorm, cheaply and somewhat garishly. I only unpacked what I absolutely needed to, because the place definitely didn't feel super clean to me. You're better off choosing a hotel that's slightly more expensive, closer to the airport, that has a free shuttle and feels cleaner. I left as quickly in the morning as I could.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Simple and clean, very affordable. No disappointments really. I got more than my money's worth. I did t expect a shuttle, I had my own car.

I could have used more top bed covers though and the upstairs can be faintly heard

I was glad no loud kids were here. Kids usually signify budget hotel stays and ruin the peace, but none here when I stayed, thank god

I like the smooth flooring. Much cleaner than carpet from the publics dirty feet

Bring your own shampoo and blow dryers

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo