“Great value for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South

Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Tigard, Oregon, United States
“Great value for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Motel 6's are known for being inexpensive, but that doesn't mean it has to be barebones, just as a place to sleep. Motel 6 has come a long way, and this property is fantastic. The company that owns Motel 6 has been modernizing many Motel 6 chains across the US with more inviting, modern rooms. Before you had a bed, dresser and TV set and that was about it. Now you get an HDTV, more comfortable beds, multiple electrical outlets (hotels seem to be lacking nowadays), and a more inviting room style. This facility is both smoking and non-smoking, and while you can smell cigarette smoke in the halls, I had a non-smoking room and did not smell anything bad. While the price I paid was good, I wished to have a bit more in terms of amenities such as a clock/radio, hair dryer and shampoo no less. You do get a lot for what you pay for in this instance, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dawn L, General Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4690 Seattle. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Dawn Larson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Driggs, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My 4 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel on our way home from a trip to Alaska, we had been traveling 12 hours and had an overnight layover in Seattle. I was looking for something inexpensive and convenient because we were basically just sleeping here. I called for the complimentary shuttle service and was told they would arrive in 10 minutes... 45 minutes to an hour later they finally arrived (I should have just taken a taxi) Upon arrival the evening of 3/21/14 the guy at the customer service counter was very professional and nice. He gave us our room key and I thought we could settle in. The room was so stinky I actually had to request a different room. Although the room was supposed to be non-smoking it absolutely wreaked of cigarette smoke and some kind of spray that had likely been used to cover up the stench. I ordered pizza to the room and that took an hour and 15 minutes to arrive and then after that I requested to trade rooms. The guy at the front desk was kind once again and gladly traded me rooms. Once in the new room the smell was much better but I had to leave the fan running all night because there were people coming in and out of the surrounding rooms (which I assume they live in) all night long. The bedding was wrinkled up as though someone had previously slept in the beds, and there were crumbs inside the sheets. I felt like a needy customer asking for yet another room exchange so I just dealt with it. I did not feel safe roaming around this neighborhood and was glad the leave the next day. I was told that the shuttle service ran from 6am-11am and nobody mentioned that it was only on the hour...so I missed the 6am shuttle and called a cab the next morning. There were two women at the front desk, one was very helpful and gave me the number for the cab service but the other one was the worst customer service ever!!! She treated me like I was completely stupid for missing the shuttle and rolled her eyes at me when I asked about a local taxi service. All in all this was one of the worst hotel experiences ever!!! Don't take children here because there are shady characters all over the place, don't get me wrong...a few people were kind but when I say few i mean FEW! I will NEVER go here again, and I will warn others against it. I would have rather slept on a chair in the airport than wasting my money on this terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Scary location, smells like cigarettes, noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica I
Dawn L, Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4690 Seattle. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I booked a room worth one queen bed for 55.99 from Mark. When I arrived, the front desk clerk was nowhere to be found (she was smoking or in her car). When she finally decided to do her job, she informed me that they didn't have a reservation for me. Apparently Mark mskes a habit of forgeting to save them. There were no rooms left with a queen, and only more expensive rooms were available.

So i got the wrong room for more money because of incompetence.

The room was disgusting. There was literally brown goo on the comforter. The toilet dropped very loudly. I called the front desk too request another room, perhaps one that wouldn't make me feel like I was sleeping in a sewer. The clerk said she would check for another room and call back. Of course, she never did.

I have a picture of the bed, it was foul. There were burn marks on the sink and burn holes in the sheets. Everywhere smelled like cigarette smoke.

I have stayed at many motel 6 locations in the past, and this was by far the worst. Obviously for $60 I don't expect much, but i would like to think the sheets were at least washed.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank nickolbag
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear nickolbag,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the reservation, service, room cleanliness and condition issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
SeaTac, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Ive been to many motel 6s' across the county and this one's the best. The staff was amazing. The manager , Dawn was very helpful. Thank you. I had to stay for 2 months and they took great care of me. the bus stop is right out front, and a gas station right next door. the place was kept very clean

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn L, General Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 in Seatac. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I checked into this motel because I had an early morning flight and the web-site boasted a 24 hour shuttle. Well, I was informed after I checked in, that the shuttle does not start running until 5:00am. My plane boarded @ 5:05am. I put in a request for a 3:00am wake-up call. The call arrived at 4:00am. I was told my the front desk clerk that they forgot to "fall-back". The time change happened over one month ago. When I returned from my trip, I contacted the motel to send the shuttle to pick me up. The woman who answered the phone said that the driver did not show up for work yet. He was supposed to be there @ 4:30pm. It was now 5:05pm. I was forced to take another cab. The money I had hoped to save by staying at this location almost caused me to miss my flight due to the late wake-up call, and cost about $30 in unexpected cab fare. The staff could not have cared less.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seattlegirl2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Seattlegirl2013, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This MOTEL 6 is one of the very few dinosaurs left accepting the old policy of "6 pm courtesy hold" without a credit card, the way it used to be not too long ago, before some hotel managers discovered a new way of making money even on an empty room because they want you to cancel 24 hours before the day of arrival or you lose your money!

Originally, I wanted to sleep in a Choice Hotel (Quality, Clarion, etc.) in order to have a second stay and get a free night because I already have one stay for their current promotion. I explained how this works in my review of the Quality Stuart, Fl., in 2012.

Unfortunately, the closest Choice hotels from the airport now have this lion to monkey deal and you lose your money if you don’t cancel 24 hours before arrival. I systematically refuse that deal because, every time that one of my flights has been cancelled (which happens more and more often nowadays), that has always happened at the very last minute, never one day before!

More and more hotels are adopting this horrendous lion to monkey deal simply because people accept it. Until the day their flight is cancelled, they lose their money and learn the hard way that you should never accept such a thing; thus my stay at this MOTEL 6.

UNFORTUNATELY, although this Seattle location has a free shuttle (which took 17 minutes to pick me up at the airport after I called) it is FAR FROM EVERYTHING and there is NOTHING WITHIN A WALKING DISTANCE. All restaurants, whether cheap or expensive, are concentrated along the International Boulevard, which is a good mile away! So I didn’t move from my room after I arrived, Saturday September 22 at 6 pm.

On the other hand, WiFi is $3 per day, and rooms are bigger than, BUT as Spartan as Ibis ones, with one double bed, a small table, one unpadded wooden chair and a padded, but not very comfortable, angle seat by the wall; just as in Ibis hotels in Europe and South America. I have posted several comments about those cheap and clean hotels in T.A.

There is a traditional individual, old, AC/heater unit, a telephone and a 32 inch LCD TV with video connectors on the front, BUT NO hair dryer, NO club chair (although there’s plenty of space to put it), NO frig, NO microwave and NO iron nor ironing board.

Without a car, this hotel is NOT a very good choice at $60.63 with tax, senior rate.

Since I was leaving the next morning at 5 am, I can't say anything about their coffee, which is all they serve for breakfast, starting at 7 am.

Note however that the LAX Motel 6, where I have been several times, does not serve anything, not even coffee. I also posted a review about that good value for money in T.A.

Next week, I will try to find a Choice hotel with an honest cancellation policy for my second weekend in Seattle and I will post a review about it after my stay.

Room Tip: Although I requested a room on the TOP FLOOR with WIDE OPEN VIEW, I was first offered room 218 with...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Efrin_Knight
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Efrin_Knight,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We checked in on the evening of August 2nd to use their park and ride program. With one night you receive 7 days free, so we paid extra to have our car there for 12 days. The rooms were newly renovated in a cool 50's style. The room was excellent. In the morning we were directed to park our car in the "U" shape parking lot and the shuttle took us to the airport. We arrived back from our trip on August 16th. We had phoned on the 15th to let them know that we our plane was delayed and we would be late arriving to pick up our car. THEY COULDN'T FIND ANY RECORD THAT WE EVEN STAYED THERE ON THE 2ND OR ANY RECORD OF OUR CAR BEING THERE!!!!

On the 16th, we arrived at the hotel, with my Visa record to prove that they charged me for a night on the 2nd and the extra days for parking. They finally found record of us, with the explanation that the person who checked us in put my first name for my last name and my last name for my first name. They also forgot to register my car on their list for parked cars?!!

The blonde lady who said that she has worked here for the last 10 years said that this has never happened here before, implying that they have never had a car stolen in the last 10 years. When the police officer arrived, I mentioned this to him and he said, "Who told you this?" and shook his head "No" that this is common.

He checked their security cameras and found our car being stolen just after midnight on the night of the 5th, just two days after us leaving our car.

The hotel claims no responsibility for any stolen cars and still charged us for storing our car for 12 days, no refund, even though our car had already been stolen.

In my opinion, if you want your car stolen, park here. This is only my opinion. We have learned our lesson. Pay more to park in secured, fenced in parking and also put a steering wheel club on your car.

Bottom line, the hotel rooms are very nicely renovated in a 50s style, but don't park your car without a steering wheel club for one night and don't park for more than one evening!!

Room Tip: Don't use their park and ride to store your car for your travels.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple