“Botched reservation”

Motel 6 Seattle Airport
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 14 August 2014

In June, I worked with their reservation people to complete and return credit card authorization forms and required documentation, so that my college age daughter could stay at this SeaTac Hotel, prior to an early morning flight tomorrow. After driving for 10 hours, she arrived and the desk staff claimed they knew nothing about it, and refused to take credit card information from me over the phone. We had to scramble to ensure she had funds to pay for her stay!

After all the due diligence that I went through with your reservation staff to ensure that she could expect a “no hassle” stay at Motel 6, she was inconvenienced a lot by this. She reported that the place was creepy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 August 2014

From what we read of this Motel 6 we were expecting the worst. It turned out our stay here was very pleasant. We booked online and our low rate was not a problem. The front staff were very accommodating. We give full marks to J and her colleagues for their cheery disposition and helpful attitudes. The room itself was on the 2nd floor away from the highway noise and it was very comfortable. The beds were clean, the pillows soft and the general tidiness of the room was clean. We never explored farther than the room as we only stayed one night there. We'd definitely consider staying here again if the need arose. You do have to pay for wifi, but the fee was waived as we didn't have any US$ to pay with. Thanks for that!

Room Tip: Do ask for a room around the side and/or back to get away from the highway noise. Do ask for a hair...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I agree, don't stay on first floor. You can hear the footsteps. But I got a remodeled room that is great. It's quiet here, there's a small pool. It's a motel six, but doesn't seem to be a seedy one. I feel safe.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, remodeled room: ask for both.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked a room for one night at an internet rate that was lower that the posted rack-rate. Upon arrival, the desk person announced that my reserved price was too low; that they never rented rooms at a rate so low and proceeded to show me the rack-rate. I showed her my confirmed rate from the Motel 6 website but she could not help me so I had to wait for the other person to help me. A male desk person then looked at my confirmation, took a copy and fiddled around for several minutes before renting me a room at the confirmed, lower rate. (I just wonder how often this happens to tire travelers who end up paying more than what they have bargained for). As seems to be the policy for Motel 6, I had to cough up ID's for myself and my wife so they could photocopy them. I have a real privacy issue with this but was not willing to go searching for a room on the last night of our trip.

The room itself was of the older style. It was large and had two queen beds which were comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and a good shower with plenty of hot water. We were downstairs in the back and it was pretty quiet. The location of this motel is just around the corner from the Sea-Tac car rental facility. The TV did not display all advertised stations.

Overall this was a cheap place to crash before our early morning departure. Due to the ID policy and the bait and switch with the pricing I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, request one in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank watchman01
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have some family coming in later this week, and we came here to check out the room on a sunday. The front desk staff was busy with others when we came in. The lady then proceeded to tell us that they did not have anything available for the weekend. We said that is fine - we are looking for the following weekend. She said oh - ok. We asked to be shown a room. They took our id and gave us a key. The room they showed us was like a closet. there was hardly any space in the room between the beds and desk, nice shower, but small room.. We decided that we love our family too much to even subject them to this. Might be ok for traveling or between flights, but I wouldn't stay here unless I absolutely had to. The floors are hardwood laminate and it felt like being in a fancy cardboard box. On to the next hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Having stayed in some motel 6 where the new upgrades were matched by cleaning and staff who really took pride in there work , and you knew they cared, this motel 6 has not caught up to that. The room was dirty in multiple ways. The internet goes in and out and is very slow.
The front desk person, angel seemed a good guy, but like the molasses of the internet, some things seem to move slow here, and unlike angel, business seemed to come before people staying here with some , though still nice, a different priority

Room Tip: Some rooms are better sound, and cleanliness than others
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Isitworking I
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I will as someone who has used Motel 6 for at least the last 15 years, I was incredibly disappointed with the level of professionalism exhibited by the night crew and the manager. Basically, Motel 6 booked a friend and I for two nights in Seattle. They had messed up by removing the belongings of my friend from their room and locking them out of their room. After 45 minutes trying to get the room back (and being told it was unavailable) they gave us the scheduled room. I had written a letter to the manager (ET) and he answered very politely about how we would look into it, resolve the situation, and looked forward to our future business. Flash forward three days and the manager(ET) put us on the "Do Not Rent" list the day before we had one more night scheduled. Motel 6 has been a solid company that I have used for many roadtrips based on their reputation, cost effectiveness, and amenable staff (for example, J was very pleasant at this location). However, I highly recommend you find another location to stay at while you enjoy wonderful Seattle.

Room Tip: Make sure they do not cancel your reservation without notifying you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends