“Great amenities, good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Great amenities, good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here because we had a late flight in that didn't justify an expensive couple hours in a hotel in downtown Seattle, and this place was close to the airport. I chose it primarily because of the location and the fact they had a free shuttle so we didn't have to pay for transportation. The shuttle to pick us up from the airport took a while, but did arrive. You have to call to make sure they are coming around and eventually they make it. We probably waited about 25 minutes. The hotel check-in was easy and we stayed on the 3rd floor. The room was nothing to write home about but it was nice and clean, so we couldn't complain. It was really hot when we got there so we had to turn on the air which ran all night and made us both stuffy, but it was fine. The bed was pretty comfortable and our room had a separate little living area with a couch and a TV (there were two TV's in our room), so we would have been just fine staying there with a kid. The shower was nice and hot and had good pressure, and everything in the room was just what we needed. We woke up around 7:30 and there was plenty of breakfast left (I've read some previous reviews about the breakfast being gone). The breakfast was awesome and really tasty. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, cereal choices, pancakes, yogurt choices, muffins, and bagels. Lots of choices and it was all free with our rate. We also jumped on the shuttle around 9am and it was full, but there wasn't anyone else waiting so it wasn't like they didn't have room. It was also free and the first stop was the sky rail, so we had a short ride to our destination. Overall we really liked it and were so glad we stayed there instead of spending money for a couple hours of sleep downtown.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty comparable. We had a suite room which wasn't any more expensiv...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brittanie G
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Brittanie G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed one of our suites, the extra space makes them really nice when traveling with a family. When getting picked up from the airport in the evening, the shuttle is one call. Once we know someone is waiting we send the shuttle as quick as possible to pick you up. I hope your travels will bring you back to the seatac area soon.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle-Sea-Tac Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed 1 night at the hotel mainly to cut the cost of an downtown hotel. The hotel was what we expected from an HI Express, the staff was friendly, the room although smaller than previous HI was cleaned and the breakfast was included.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear courcellesqc,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm sorry that the room you were in was not as large as you have come to expect. If you ever want a room that has a little bit more space, then one of our suites would you nicely. The bedroom is in it's own separate area and then there is a living room with a cook top and a full fridge. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We arrived on a late flight, leaving for our next flight in the morning. The shuttle picked us up (at 11:30pm) and took us back to the airport at 8am. Front desk staff was friendly, room was clean and nicely updated, even had a fridge. Continental breakfast was fine as expected. Hotel makes a good impression, nicely updated. I would stay again.

Room Tip: there was tile floor in the elevator lobby on our floor, though it switched to carpet further away...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mauioceanview
Dear mauioceanview,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our shuttle service. i hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was visiting Seattle for a conference located about halfway between the airport and the heart of the city. Ultimately we booked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites near the SeaTac airport. Though the property is a bit aged, overall I was quite satisfied with the experience.

1. The Room - To preface, I wanted to disclose that my company mistakenly booked us in smoking rooms. I am not a smoker, never had been, and am typically bothered by the smell of tobacco (sorry smokers!). Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked and, despite their best efforts, the staff was unable to get me into a non-smoking room. Having said that, the manager went out of his way to air out the room. I was not planning on arriving at the hotel until about 3PM and had called around 12PM to inquire about a non-smoking room. The manager, who's name I unfortunately do not remember, promised to open all windows, crank up the AC and utilize a fumigation device to hopefully tamp down the tobacco smell. The results were better than expected. Though there was a hint of smokiness to the room. ultimately it did not bother me. As for the room itself, I had two queen beds. The bed I chose was quite comfortable and the room was well-stocked with pillows (this is a big plus in my book). The room was also equipped with a fridge, microwave and separate "kitchen" sink. The bathroom was small but serviceable, though if I'm being honest, the toilet seat was a bit uncomfortable. Though the sounds of landing/departing airplanes were prevalent, the rooms were still relatively quiet. I really only have one complaint about this room. The light on my nightstand had a plug in (for phone charging, etc.). However, the connector was so loose that the plug would not stay in place. I was unable to charge my phone in this outlet because of this. I would also be concerned that this could pose a safety risk but that might be an overreaction. It was a very minor inconvenience and does not take away from my overall satisfaction with the room.
2. The Staff - The front desk was very understanding during my attempts to procure a non-smoking room. From check-in to check-out, I probably spoke to no fewer than six front desk employees and they were all very friendly and helpful in answering questions. I felt the level of service from the staff here was superior to that of a four star hotel I chose to stay at in downtown Seattle the Saturday before check in here.
3. The Food - This hotel includes a complimentary breakfast each morning. I am sure you can find superior food at other establishments but I was completely satisfied with its quality and the options available. Biscuits (sometimes with optional gravy), eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes were the hot options available. Additionally, there were numerous breads (muffins, bagels, toast, cinnamon rolls) and cereals to choose from. If you've stayed at other Holiday Inn Express & Suites locations, you have probably seen this food before. Again, I have no complaints here.
4. The Transportation - The shuttle from the hotel to the airport was readily available. It is also available for stops anywhere within a mile. What's nice about this is that you can take the shuttle to the nearby LINK station and be in downtown Seattle in under an hour. This is a money saver as the hotel costs downtown are typically 2X those around the airport.

This was my first visit to Seattle and, thanks to the experience I had at this establishment, I am confident that when I return with my family for a vacation, this will likely be the hotel I choose for our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael M
Dear Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad we were able to help you as much as possible with your smoking room. We strive to make every guest's stay as perfect as possible. I hope we will see you and your family soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Before my arrival at Seatac, I requested an airport pick-up service on a certain day. I got the confirmation from this hotel saying yes. Turned out.. they did not pick me up at the airport on the very day. So I took a taxi, because I have so many stuffs to carry around. (Taxi was very expensive for only 3 minutes ride! It's$15) It was disappointing. But they offered a ride to the airport, which was comfortable, and the driver was quite nice.

Meal options... first of all, breakfast is sort of so-so. I was only fond of yogurt and milk among several others. Don't expect much.
second, there aren't many great restaurants or eateries around this hotel, so please be aware of that. There are like 7eleven, asian food restaurant, and local grille by 5 to 10 minutes walking.

Staffs were okay and were easy to approach. A room was clean and spacious. I was lucky to use a room that has a capacity of 4 people. The AC sound is horrible and can distract your sleep at night. Bathroom smelled. But overall, clean and not bad from my two nights experience.

Room Tip: A room close to elevators is okay too. I didn't find it noisy. If you have many bags, you may in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear liliworldtravel T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry for the confusion about your airport pick up. We pick up from the airport 24 hours a day. We ask that you head to the 3rd floor of the parking garage which is where ground transportation is located. I hope you will come back to see us again soon.

Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Planned a trip in neighboring Seattle for the weekend and decided to stay a short ways outside the city and save some $. Price was average for location and parking was free :). Room was decent and too be expected of that from Holiday Inn's. Lobby/room were modern, beds were comfortable.
Continental breakfast was decent and hours were great. Location could benefit with the addition of even a basic pool/hot tub.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear osunikon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

While in Seattle I stayed and did the seminars here at this hotel. The meeting room was clean and ready for the first day. Everything was great. The staff was constantly checking to see if everything was okay.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear FrankAbbott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our meeting space. We try to make sure that every experience is an amazing one. I hope we will see you back here again soon.