“Magical place!”
Review of Sou'wester Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seaview
Sou'wester Lodge
Seattle, Washington
“Magical place!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was here as part of a retreat and I cannot say enough about how enchanted and enchanting this place is! It is a short walk from the beach and the rustic trailers are adorable and very comfortable. I am going to make stays here an annual tradition!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SivP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I came to this place for a group gathering and honestly don't know if I would have ever picked it out if I read about it online. The rooms are hipster cool, super clean and well stocked. The trailers are cool and surprisingly comfy. There's a main house with wine, fabulous chocolate and other necessities for sale at ultra reasonable prices. The seaview entrance is right there. Its comfy and like camping but with enough creature comforts and attracts a cool, interesting clientele. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Chef_Kat
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We can't wait to go back and try out some of the other trailers.. and the cabins.. and the lodge. Such a unique place we fell in love with it instantly. My husband and I drove from Vancouver, BC and spent 3 nights in the Zelmar Cruiser with our 1.5yr old, it was the most relaxing time we have had in ages and definitely worth the drive. The place has an overall good vibe, lots of kids but not strictly families, a great mix of people. The trailers are amazing, so stylish and well-equipped but might not be for everyone, they are quite old so a love of kitsch and everything vintage is required, this isn't a regular hotel. Make sure to check out the thrift shop trailer plus cool art, records and jewellery for sale in the lodge. The beach is very close and there's a great bike path (you can borrow bikes from the souwester!) which our lil' one loved running along. There are lots of little towns in the area to explore as well and great antique stores and diners etc. Seaside and Cannon Beach, OR are less than 30min away so we made day trips but found Seaview/Long Beach more laid back. The Adrift hotel in Long Beach has a great restaurant on the top floor which serves westcoast style food and craft cocktails. The Sou'wester was really the highlight of the trip though and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Libby, Montana
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I found the Sou'wester Lodge while searching for a campground in the Long Beach area. Having grown up in southwest Washington and having had visited Long Beach many times I was amazed I had never heard of this place before!? The thought of staying a couple nights in a Vintage Travel Trailer seemed so unconventional that I had to give it a try! I called and reserved the Boles Aero. Upon check in, we were greeted by friendly staff and were shown around a small store inside the Lodge and the many common areas on the property. Our vintage travel trailer had a little sitting area, kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and utensils, a super comfy bed and little bathroom at the rear. The property was quiet and set among tall trees. Also the is beach close by, it was an easy walk to and from. We had a great stay at the Sou'wester Lodge and plan to return in the future!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Snochik127
cascadia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Springers, husband and I spent the weekend at the Souwester, in one of the cottages.

The area is pleasant, with leafy neighborhood of old houses to walk in, and a beach nearby, where cars are not permitted(but often end up in, anyway). The staff are very pleasant and helpful, and there's a variety of foods, including fresh eggs and local, frozen fish and meat and dried fruit and honey t buy at the lodge. The water pressure in the shower in our cottage was way too low for me to wash my hair, so the manger graciously offered the bath in the lodge, which was great.

The cottages need maintenance. The lighting was very poor, and one of the light bulbs was burned out and no one could find a replacement, but the staff brought another lamp over for us to use. There were no screens on the windows, and there are zillions of mosquitoes there, the swallows having been decimated by habitat destruction, like most everywhere around here(this place is 20 minutes from where we live). So, it was pretty stuffy in the cottage in the evenings and a night. The bed was pretty good, there's a four-burner stove with one burner working to heat water on, a plastic couch that sticks to your skin that could use a cotton cover, just little things could make the place fabulous.,

Souwester has a really nice vibe, with record players int he room, great LPs in a stack, including Miles Davis Kind of Blue(!), interesting young people hanging out, nice outdooer space to sit and read.

With a little TLC, this could be a great place. Hopefully, the new owners will be getting to this. It does look promising.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank arachne
Burt, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight in the Boles Aero travel trailer. It was super clean and nice and quiet. The bed was incredibly comfortable! The entire complex was very charming and all of the extra amenities (the store, bicycles, camp fire, etc.) made it even more charming.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen H
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We found this place on Facebook sometime last year and had been dying to try it out. The initial attraction (besides being at the beach) was that they had some Vintage Travel Trailers people could stay in.

But last month we bought our own trailer so we took it there.

What a fun place to stay. Very eclectic and laid back but extremely friendly.

We like to "camp" with our own French Press coffee maker. Yeah, I know. But that's one of the things we do. Imagine our dismay to go to make the first pot at camp and finding out we left it at home.

So we dashed into the town of Long Beach, less than a mile away. Being a beach town, Long Beach has a lot to offer but we came up short late Friday Afternoon in the French Press department. We stopped at a local market and bought a box of coffee singles to us through the weekend.

But as we pulled up to our camp site at the Sou'wester, I told my wife, I'll bet this is the sort of place that might have a French Press and might even let us borrow it.

She headed toward the Big House where the office is situated while I set up our trailer's connections and such. Not long after I saw her walking back, French Press in hand and huge smile on her face. We became fans of the place right then and there.

It's a short walk to the beach or you can ride one of the many bikes they have for guests to use free.

There are over 20 RV sites with full hook-ups as well as cottages, rooms with their own kitchens in the Big Lodge and the aforementioned Trailers that are too cool.

They provide live entertainment almost every week too. Check it out

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tincanpuller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Chautauqua Lodge
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Inn at Discovery Coast
Inn at Discovery Coast
#1 of 7 in Long Beach

Been to Sou'wester Lodge? Share your experiences!