“Very good food, but”

The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Seaview
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 45th
Transit: Pacific Transit System serves north and south Pacific County communities.
Description: The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub has been serving up local cuisine since 1896. Working closely with local purveyors and foragers of seafood and produce, our staff makes the most of an enviable bounty of northwest ingredients. A talented team of chefs and bakers take pride in their 'scratch' kitchen. The freshest,seasonal ingredients rule the day. Guests have the option of dining in the elegant dining room of the original 1896 building or having a brew and a bite in the adjacent pub, which also offers outdoor seating in the summer months. Choose a wine from our award-winning wine list, a northwest microbrew on tap, or one of our hand-crafted cocktails.
Olympia
“Very good food, but”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The food was very well prepared and presented. We enjoyed a small salad, soup (squash and Apple which I would highly recommend), duck breast and salmon. My only recommendation here would be to cut back a bit on the fillers & serve a large meat/fish portion.

The atmosphere was very warm & quaint with extensive wood decor. We were also fortunate enough to be there when a couple of musicians were performing very pleasant dining music - Very Enjoyable. The proprietor & our server were very attentive & friendly without being intrusive.

There were two slightly negatives things that struck us as very odd for such an establishment as this. The first was that a wait staff member noticed us walk in & standing there, but continued with what was obviously a casual conversation with a friend. When she finally acknowledged us, it was to inquire if we had a reservation. When we told her yes, she walked off towards the dining area without a word. We didn't know if we should follow her or wait where we were. The other strange thing was a charge on our bill for soft drink when a rum & coke was ordered. I wonder if they would have charged us for an oj if we had ordered a screw driver. Just something that we haven't experienced before.

All in all a very good evening out.

• Visited November 2013

Yakima, WA
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

For our 39th wedding anniversary our kids made dinner reservations for us at the Shelburne. Since we have a beach cabin in Seaview we do not eat out a lot when we are at The Beach. Tonight was an exceptional treat. Outstanding wine, great seafood so well prepared and presented, and a wonderful visit with the owner during and after our meal..

The tasty apple and squash soup my wife ordered was served in a bowl made by David, the owner, waiter, and friendly host. My wife was so impressed by the hand made bowl, we bought it after dinner !!!!!!

Professional and personable at the same time. It was like eating at a 5 star restaurant owned by a friend. Live, subtle music from a piano and flute made a beautiful, historic setting even more special.

A truly memorable evening !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,777 helpful votes
“Found The Perfect Fried Oyster!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After sampling some disappointing fried oysters in the area, we decided to try The Shelburne Inn for a bite to eat yesterday. I was able to make reservations on opentable for an off hour in the middle of the afternoon. The Pub was open and we were seated at a table by the beautiful stained glass window. My cosmo was perfectly prepared and the waitress was very friendly and enthusiastic about the Inn.

I ordered a side of the Fried Oysters which were perfectly prepared and served with lemon and a deliious tartar sauce. My husband enjoyed the Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce and Coffee Ice Cream. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. We will return again and again while in this area. I would love to return for dinner in the fine dining room next visit. :)

• Visited October 2013
Cupertino, California
“Not just a restaurant & pub but a B&B as well”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay and the breakfast is very good, a full breakfast and not just a buffet of pastry and fruit, I mean a full breakfast with several really good selections from omelets to French toast. As B&B's go this is a really good one.

The only negative IMHO is the owner cluttering up the place with too much stuff. I mean really, can't there be a little space that is left open. Between the artwork and antiques it was a little over done.

• Visited September 2013
portland, oregon
“Beautiful old bar!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch on our arrival in town. The bar is very charming - old world style and cosy. The windows are beautiful stained glass salvaged from an old church in England. We enjoyed root vegetable soup. My spouse ordered pan fried oysters which were excellent and very tender. I enjoyed my steamed clams but I thought the oysters were superior. We also ordered a side of their french fries which were excellent. While I loved the decor, I thought that some pieces did not belong. Our bar tender/waitress was a joy!

Visited September 2013