“Great breakfast.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Tenino, Washington
“Great breakfast.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The 42nd St. Cafe was recommended to me by a friend and co-worker. Food was excellent. I had the vanilla brioche french toast and my husband had sausage and eggs. The french toast was light and fluffy. My husband said the sausage had great flavor, eggs done perfectly and hashbrowns crispy. They also brought out their house made marionberry jam, was so good -- had to purchase a jar for home. Portion size was great -- we walked away full but not over stuffed.

poway
“Great Service! Great Food!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I arrived from out of town a little later on a Friday night and it was busy. We were quickly greeted by the owner and a table was set up for us immediately. I ordered the fried oysters and my husband had the razor clams. We split a Caesar salad. A woman brought us bread, jam and their corn relish to the table explaining this was something they were known for. All of it was to die for. Delicious! If we return to Long Beach, WA we will definitely eat here again! I am so glad to see a restaurant like this doing well!

Olympia, Washington
“Great hamburger and fries”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Thought at first it was one of those fu-fu restaurants with the 'ladies that lunch' type of menu.... But NO! Great hamburger and skinny cut fries and we're going back for pot roast tonight!

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Very Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have eaten at the 42nd St Cafe in the past but always for dinner. This trip we managed to stop one day for breakfast & we weren't disappointed. My wife had the waffle which she said was delicious ... to me it looked pretty small & plain, but she said they must have stolen her recipe & she was more than satisfied. I opted for the House Smoked Salmon scramble ... in a word: WOW!!! One of the best if not THE best I've had anywhere. The dish was delicate which was not expected; bursting with flavor. Try it, you'll love it. Good coffee. Service wasn't up to par in my view. We were seated almost immediately but then it was awhile before water, menu, etc were brought to us. Once ordered, the food came pretty quick. Not so quick on getting coffee refills. All in all, a very good place though.

happy valley, or
“Love this place.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We come here at least once every time we are in the area. And, boy is it worth it. This time my husband had the jambalia (sic) omlette and I had the smoked salmon scramble. Both were impressive. The first bite of the scramble was shear bliss and it was that way to the end. My husband's omlette lived up to it's first impression. It was great(according to him-he wouldn't share even a bite). If you are near SeaView, stop by 42nd Street Cafe. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013