“Quaint, quiet, and clean.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seaview
Seaview Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaview
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Seaview cottages is a cute quaint place to stay. It is away from the noise of the peninsula, however all activities are a short walk or drive away. Fred and Ming are very gracious and accommodating hosts. Seaview cottages are very clean and comfortable. There is coffee in the room. The is also a BBQ on the premises for the guests to use. There are several restaurants within walking distance. The beach and discovery trail are about a five minute walk away. on this visit, we stayed in room #11. W had our own patio, the room was large enough to accommodate a family of four, with a kitchenette, furnished with plenty of dishes for eating in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarciaC310

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here one night as a stop-over on our way home from the Oregon Coast.

We stayed in unit 11, the "Crow's Nest". The room was large and had a queen and a twin bed, a kitchenette and a small patio. This unit does not allow children under 12 as it is upstairs from 2 other units. Pets are not allowed either although the owners did accommodate us by allowing our pom-bichon to stay with us. I can understand why they wouldn't want dogs up there though.

The decor is plain but functional. I loved the old stove/sink/icebox combo (the ice box is sealed shut and there is a mini fridge instead)...very retro! Lots of windows and plenty of space.

The motel is a short walk from the beach. I didn't realize that the town is named Seaview so I was surprised that I didn't actually have a view of the sea but it was fine. I kind of like that it is located toward the south end of the beach...you don't have to remember which way to go to get to shops because there's not much the other direction!

The beach was pretty deserted (besides some hipsters in sport coats, cozy sweaters and expensive boots...lol) and my daughter and the dog had a fun time chasing each other around. We were there in early April though so I imagine it would be a little busier during the summer.

I did get a chance to look in cottage #3 as well. It's tiny with a queen bed and a twin bed...the bathroom was really weird...the toilet was in a tight spot next to the sink and the shower was a step down. It looked like they just crammed it in the best they could.

I go back and forth on whether I'd recommend this place. There was nothing really wrong with it but I think I was just hoping it was a little cuter on the interior. I was very appreciative of the cleanliness! Maybe if you visit when you have more time to explore it would be less of a question. They did seem very pet friendly and even have a sweet golden lab named Tai.

If you're not looking for fancy, this is the place. The prices are great and I might stay again if we're back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Suamomi
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Seaview is a quiet, out of the way town on the Washington coast just north of the Columbia river. The town is a bit scruffy around the edges, but the beach, a quick walk from the highway, is worth a day or even a weekend exploring. It extends south all the way to Cape Disappointment, and miles to the north as well. It reminded me of the beaches of Normandy - lonely and misty and romantic. Anyway, the Seaview Motel is really a collection of cottages. New owners came in recently, and they fixed the cottages up a bit, although they are by no means trendy or boutique accommodations. Some cottages have two double beds and are little more than motel rooms. Our cottage, 31, had a kitchenette, a separate room with a television, and a bedroom with a single bed. My wife freaked on finding a spider in the sink - but that can happen anywhere. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, and the rate is very reasonable. The owners are friendly and always there to help, and there is also a resident dog and cat. Your pet will be welcomed too!

Room Tip: Cottage 31 is great. It faces the highway but is far enough back so that it is still very quiet. The...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jdvanvalin
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Don't expect the Hilton and you will find a fantastic addition to your vacation here. Why stay somewhere that is cookie-cutter when you can have friendly hosts who chat with you while you kick back on the front porch of your cottage, pass along the best finds for food &activiyties in the area, and generally make you feel right at home? Unique describes each cottage, but they are very clean (remember they are old cottages so they come with old cottage smell and oddities!) BBQ and picnic benches, stocked kitchen in kitchen units. Have and will come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Ba5
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you are looking for a five star resort with all the bells and whistles then this place is not for you. However, if you are looking for a reasonably priced, family owned and operated getaway that is clean and quiet with friendly management then it is an excellent choice. Fred and Ming Speer own and operate the facility and between the two of them single handedly juggle the operation from check in to cleaning of the units and maintenance. The cabin we stayed in (#32) was clean, comfortable and quiet with a separate bedroom and bathroom from the living area and kitchen. The cabin was refreshed daily with clean towels and anything else that we needed. We would defineately recommend this Motel to our friends and neighbors.

John and Geri, Richland, WA

Room Tip: For longer stays, the kitchens in the cabins are a great addition. It saved us a bunch of cash not h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is not a five star hotel my any means. However it is quiet, cute, clean, affordable. The staff is friendly and the location is pretty good. You are a short drive out of town but not close enough to really walk. (unless you like walking ) The beach is a short walk through the neighborhood but you have to cross the main street. We stayed here because its close to the family beach house that was full. We will stay again.....

Room Tip: there wasn't a pool or restaurant when we last stayed here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chattycatty2003
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was very lucky to find this property last November, 2011. Fred and Ming, the owners, are just wonderful people. Since I was traveling with my boyfriend and daughter, they suggested the larger, "park model" unit. It was newer than most of the other cottages inside and had a fully stocked kitchen. It was clean and comfortable and included a little fenced-in private yard. We stayed here for a few weeks. The property is adjacent to the Seaview beach approach, which was a lovely walk to what feels like a private beach! I have such sweet memories of my time here. They made us all feel right at home. Our cottage had one private bedroom with tons of closet and storage space, linen closet, full bath, full kitchen, cable t.v. and second queen bed at the opposite end of the unit with lots of windows.

Room Tip: For longer stays this is the place to go. Very affordable for a few weeks at a time.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julief62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Adrift Hotel and Spa
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach
Shelburne Inn
Shelburne Inn
#1 of 1 in Seaview
Long Beach RV & Camping Resort

Been to Seaview Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!