My husband and I wanted to get away from the Halloween frenzy on our short city street. Sixteen years ago, we had had a memorable dinner at the Showalter Restaurant in Seaview, contained in the Shelburne Inn at that time. We decided to go back to Seaview, stay at the Shelburne Inn, and eat in their restaurant, probably under other management, but still said to be excellent. We made a reservation, but we were informed that the restaurant would be closed on Monday. The hotel is charming, and we had the feeling that the staff would bend over backwards if they could to make us comfortable. Homemade cookies, offers to bring tea to our room, etc. We didn't have any demands. The rooms are small, attractively decorated, and furnished with antiques from a couple of generations ago (four-poster canopied beds, fringed lamp shades, etc.). No telephone or television in the rooms, but there is free WiFi and a computer with high-speed internet for the use of guests in the small library. There are books in all the rooms, and in the library. If you have mobility problems (are wheelchair bound, or need a walker or a cane), this may not be the place for you, since the rooms are up a flight of stairs, and there is no elevator. The breakfast was quite good. I'm sorry we missed having dinner there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 10-minute walk from the Pacific seacoast and established in 1896, the Shelburne Inn is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the state of WA. Period antique American and European furnishings lend authenticity to the decor, which is accented by the work of regional artists. Complimentary gourmet breakfasts are served in the elegant Shelburne Restaurant dining room which is also open to the public. The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub offer an award-winning wine list and feature hand-crafted cocktails and micro-brewed beer on tap. The cuisine is based upon the fresh, seasonal bounty of the region. The Shelburne Inn offers modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi and computer library. All-day coffee and tea service and designer toiletries complete the amenity package for inn guests. All rooms have private bath and many have an exterior deck or balcony. The Shelburne Inn is an ideal location for weddings, reunions, group retreats and business meetings, as well as for a romantic getaway for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shelburne Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shelburne Country Hotel Seaview
- Country Inn Seaview
- Seaview Country Inn
- Shelburne Inn Seaview, Washington