“Shelburne Inn Review”
Review of Shelburne Inn

Shelburne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaview B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed at the Shelburne Inn several times, and each time has been a wonderful experience. The facilities are lovely, the food is very good and the staff makes you feel welcome. I usually don't take advantage of the open sitting areas when I am in hotels and inns, as there is usually a television blaring in the background, and tuned to something I am not particularly interested in. At the Shelburne, I can curl up in a chair in front of their fireplace with a cup of tea or hot cocoa and read for hours, as if I were in my own living room. I will continue to stay here each time I visit the Long Beach area. The owners and staff have created the perfect environment for guests to disengage from life's daily stresses.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lois H

Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Shelburne Inn was indeed unique. We felt like we were back in the 1890's. The Inn was charming to say the least. We stayed in room #12 and it was lovely. We had a beautiful stained glass window in one corner and a view of the gardens from our balcony. We were there with a group of about 10 couples. The innkeeper prepared a special 5 course dinner especially for us, which included a sampling of fine wines specially selected to go with each course. Our innkeeper was charming and treated us like royalty, making sure everything was perfect for our stay. A gourmet breakfast completed our stay. The inn is a short distance from the beach. I'm sure we will return again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 20 November 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors of the Shelburne Inn we felt like we were a part of the family. Check in was a breeze, our room was just like the photo on the website and more. We stayed in room #3. We were up there with a group of 10 couples and pretty much took over the inn. The owner was so gracious and very accomodating. Our afternoon wine and cheese party was spilling out into the gathering area upstairs but they did not mind.....We even invited other guests staying there to join us. The dinner we had was very elegant. It was a gourmet meal with wine pairing unlike anything we had ever experienced. There was nothing that I did not like about the dinner. Dave even came out and gave a brief explaination about the different wines and what they go with. The next morning for breakfast we had the mushroom and spinich eggs with potatoes and fresh fruit mmmmmm. Even the coffee was really good! We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Like I said, we had room 3 upstairs to the right and at the end of the hall. I do not think we share...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed here back in June; made the effort to do so again last week. Room 11 has a lovely little balcony and is incredibly charming. The entire environment says "relax."

Phil the bartender in the restaurant is a great conversationalist *and* he is brilliant at recommending -- and mixing -- just the right drink to go with the most amazing meals that come out of the kitchen. On this last visit, the chef had picked some wild mushrooms; I didn't have that brandied mushroom appetizer for dinner (had the Willapa oysters instead...melt in your mouth!), but I did eat his chef's special scramble for breakfast with the porcini mushrooms. Amazing. The bar area is perfect for chatting with fellow guests and diners.

It's a nice walk down to the beach in Seaview. Really can't say enough nice things about the inn and environs. I'll be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Have only stayed in Room 11. I'll try another for good measure next time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The ambiance of the Shelburne Inn is charming. The main common gathering room lends itself to a variety of activities. Guests can find a quiet corner to read, visit around the fireplace, or surround the table for games. The décor mimics an old Irish or English hotel. An abundance of common areas make you feel like you’ve just returned home. Stained glass windows across the front of the hotel were salvaged from a church in England and are late 1800’s vintage. Lots of antique furniture, stained glass, and interesting accessories are found throughout the halls and guest rooms.
Immediately, the helpful, friendly staff made us feel at home, taking care of every need. The common rooms and guest rooms were clean, neat, and well appointed.
The pub is quaint and inviting, and although we didn’t eat there, my husband enjoyed a pint or two. The restaurant offered an interesting array of well prepared and beautifully presented dishes with wild mushrooms as one of the main attractions. Although on the expensive side, the restaurant is well worth it for a special dinner. Breakfast and service personnel were excellent!
I definitely recommend the Shelburne Inn and hope to return there someday.
The Coffeys

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Shelburne and will very likely make it a tradition for that week-end get away! We were greeted by a very friendly and accomodating staff at check in. Having never been to Seaview before we inquired about what to do in the area and were given excellent information. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. It was very clean and my wife and I felt right at home. Now, the best part...The food was excellent and we looked forward to the quiet breakfast each morning. The Inn Keeper's breakfast was outstanding as was the atmosphere. The restaurant served great dinner as well and the personal attention by the owner as he explained teh various ingredients in the specially prepared meal was both intriguing and informative. We love this place!

Room Tip: Ask the staff for a recomendation when making your reservation as rooms vary in size and placement i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was looking for an Inn that was somewhere on the Washington Coast and could be reached from both Vancouver and Portland. The Shelburne Inn was the perfect solution. This delightful historic building offers a range of quaint comfortable rooms, plus a bar and formal dining room. Our room was a little on the small side with all our luggage (the end of a 3 week trip from Australia) but it was cosy and cute. We only went there to sleep so no problem. The bar is very English - high risk because it's comfortable enough to stay there all day. Dinner in the dining room was good, no need to leave the premises. I wish we had been able to sample the breakfast but, unfortunately we had to leave at 7am to get back to Vancouver to catch a plane back home to Australia via LA. If you want a few days away with friends, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Go for one of the bigger rooms, preferably one with a deck
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Shelburne Inn? Share your experiences!