“Great for a night on the town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shelburne Inn

Shelburne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaview B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Great for a night on the town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We asked at our hotel for a "nice" place to have dinner, somewhere they would go for a special occassion. The Shelburne Country Inn was immediately suggested and we were so glad they did. My husband and I went to Long Beach just to reconnect with each other after weeks and weeks of holiday and work chaos. Dinner here fit the bill. While we didn't stay at the Inn, the dinner was really delicious. My husband had the salmon and they were very accommodating with his changes (mashed instead of rice pilaf) and I had the 5 cheese crab mac and cheese... It was so delicious I asked for the recipe. The chef came out and actually walked me through the entire process of preparing it! The price was lower than we would of paid for the same meal at home, so we were happy about that as well. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BombShell253

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

It is a beautifully appointed Bed & Breakfast with a staff that immediately makes you feel like an old friend. Low-Key atmosphere, great food - eat there at least one night - and very well maintained in every aspect. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam W
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Inn has a refreshing atmosphere. Its' elegance transforms you. The charm melts away your anxieties as you become relaxed and pampered by the service. The food is savory as your taste buds awake to a finer dimension of awareness, the suggested wine selections were on the mark of our expectations and yes we thoroughly enjoyed the Shelburne. We woke up renewed and eager to revisit this oasis.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, even if it is one shared. We stayed at room #4 and found it quaint, love...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed at the Shelburne Inn several times, and each time has been a wonderful experience. The facilities are lovely, the food is very good and the staff makes you feel welcome. I usually don't take advantage of the open sitting areas when I am in hotels and inns, as there is usually a television blaring in the background, and tuned to something I am not particularly interested in. At the Shelburne, I can curl up in a chair in front of their fireplace with a cup of tea or hot cocoa and read for hours, as if I were in my own living room. I will continue to stay here each time I visit the Long Beach area. The owners and staff have created the perfect environment for guests to disengage from life's daily stresses.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lois H
Coquille, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

The Shelburne Inn was indeed unique. We felt like we were back in the 1890's. The Inn was charming to say the least. We stayed in room #12 and it was lovely. We had a beautiful stained glass window in one corner and a view of the gardens from our balcony. We were there with a group of about 10 couples. The innkeeper prepared a special 5 course dinner especially for us, which included a sampling of fine wines specially selected to go with each course. Our innkeeper was charming and treated us like royalty, making sure everything was perfect for our stay. A gourmet breakfast completed our stay. The inn is a short distance from the beach. I'm sure we will return again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Karen T
Coos Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors of the Shelburne Inn we felt like we were a part of the family. Check in was a breeze, our room was just like the photo on the website and more. We stayed in room #3. We were up there with a group of 10 couples and pretty much took over the inn. The owner was so gracious and very accomodating. Our afternoon wine and cheese party was spilling out into the gathering area upstairs but they did not mind.....We even invited other guests staying there to join us. The dinner we had was very elegant. It was a gourmet meal with wine pairing unlike anything we had ever experienced. There was nothing that I did not like about the dinner. Dave even came out and gave a brief explaination about the different wines and what they go with. The next morning for breakfast we had the mushroom and spinich eggs with potatoes and fresh fruit mmmmmm. Even the coffee was really good! We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Like I said, we had room 3 upstairs to the right and at the end of the hall. I do not think we share...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stayed here back in June; made the effort to do so again last week. Room 11 has a lovely little balcony and is incredibly charming. The entire environment says "relax."

Phil the bartender in the restaurant is a great conversationalist *and* he is brilliant at recommending -- and mixing -- just the right drink to go with the most amazing meals that come out of the kitchen. On this last visit, the chef had picked some wild mushrooms; I didn't have that brandied mushroom appetizer for dinner (had the Willapa oysters instead...melt in your mouth!), but I did eat his chef's special scramble for breakfast with the porcini mushrooms. Amazing. The bar area is perfect for chatting with fellow guests and diners.

It's a nice walk down to the beach in Seaview. Really can't say enough nice things about the inn and environs. I'll be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Have only stayed in Room 11. I'll try another for good measure next time.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort
The Anchorage Cottages
The Anchorage Cottages
#4 of 8 in Long Beach
The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites

Been to Shelburne Inn? Share your experiences!