We have been to the Shelburne Inn several times in the past 15 years or so and never cease to be amazed at their warm, welcoming and friendly attitude toward their guests. The Inn was running a "by invitation only" special for returning guests which offered two nights in a deluxe room for the price of one plus a Reiki Treatment and discounts on wine and appetizers at dinner in the restaurant. We jumped right on the offer. It was a splendid weekend at the Shelburne. Our room was warm, inviting, immaculately clean and comfortable. The bed was superb and we both enjoyed a good night's sleep. TV is not available, so there is no distraction. The only suggestion for improvement is to install added lighting in the rooms so a guest can read more comfortably in the room. The lobby and fireplace was very inviting for just sitting to while away the time in relaxed comfort, in casual conversation, or for reading. The seating was comfortable and the lighting was satisfactory. We met the owner several times during the weekend and he was sincerely interested in our comfort and enjoyment. Breakfast (part of the package) was an enjoyable experience in the restaurant with a friendly and attentive server and interesting choices on the menu. The first morning I had the "DDD" Special (David's Downright Delicious breakfast) which turned out to be a superb and tasty omlet that morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The second morning I went for The Shelburne Standard: two farm eggs, any style, served with turmeric red potatoes, house made toast, and choice of bacon or pit ham. The presentation was well-done and the taste was terrific. You cannot go wrong with either of these choices (probably the same goes for the remainder of the menu selections). We will return to the Shelburne as it is an extremely nice place for a get-a-way at reasonable cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 10-minute walk from the Pacific seacoast and established in 1896, the Shelburne Inn is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the state of WA. Period antique American and European furnishings lend authenticity to the decor, which is accented by the work of regional artists. Complimentary gourmet breakfasts are served in the elegant Shelburne Restaurant dining room which is also open to the public. The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub offer an award-winning wine list and feature hand-crafted cocktails and micro-brewed beer on tap. The cuisine is based upon the fresh, seasonal bounty of the region. The Shelburne Inn offers modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi and computer library. All-day coffee and tea service and designer toiletries complete the amenity package for inn guests. All rooms have private bath and many have an exterior deck or balcony. The Shelburne Inn is an ideal location for weddings, reunions, group retreats and business meetings, as well as for a romantic getaway for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Shelburne Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shelburne Country Hotel Seaview
- Country Inn Seaview
- Seaview Country Inn
- Shelburne Inn Seaview, Washington