I came here with 8 other college sorority friends and we felt very welcome. It started with little printed welcome messages which carried the insignia of our sorority, and then was followed up with a special bouquet of roses in our colors. Very nice ! The staff could not have been any more gracious and accommodating. They even let us put some of our snack hors d'oeuvres in the front desk refrigerator, along with our wine. This is an old, old hotel, which has been updated, but as a result, not everything is perfect. It sits on a busy highway, so the traffic can be a bit noisy, especially at night. Some of the rooms had roof top porches, which was very enjoyable for sitting outside with a glass of wine. We ate in the dining room, which features a well known and highly rated restaurant. Dinner was delicious, with the exception that it could be even better if the plates were heated. Some of the dishes were on the luke warm side. Also, the salmon was overcooked. Our server was very nice, but sometimes a bit slow as dinner did not arrive until an hour and 10 minutes after we sat down. We did ask for individual checks and it took an awfully long time.
After dinner, we were delighted that the two chefs came out along with the owner, and talked to us about the various dishes and mushrooms which were in season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 10-minute walk from the Pacific seacoast and established in 1896, the Shelburne Inn is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the state of WA. Period antique American and European furnishings lend authenticity to the decor, which is accented by the work of regional artists. Complimentary gourmet breakfasts are served in the elegant Shelburne Restaurant dining room which is also open to the public. The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub offer an award-winning wine list and feature hand-crafted cocktails and micro-brewed beer on tap. The cuisine is based upon the fresh, seasonal bounty of the region. The Shelburne Inn offers modern amenities such as free Wi-Fi and computer library. All-day coffee and tea service and designer toiletries complete the amenity package for inn guests. All rooms have private bath and many have an exterior deck or balcony. The Shelburne Inn is an ideal location for weddings, reunions, group retreats and business meetings, as well as for a romantic getaway for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Shelburne Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shelburne Country Hotel Seaview
- Country Inn Seaview
- Seaview Country Inn
- Shelburne Inn Seaview, Washington