“The best!!!”
Review of Bay Motel

Bay Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sekiu
Bay Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sekiu
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stoped in and was greeted with a smile and great prices. The room was large and very clean. With a kitchenett, fridge, microwave. Lots of dishes. Three beds (the kids where happy! lol) And last but not least, Our room had the best view ever!!! Thank you very much!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth G

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Hey,
This aint downtown Seattle, the Airport, or Las Vagas, its Sekiu Washington! Very close to the northwest tip of Washington. Lots of people come here for the great fishing, you could even say its a secret 'Washington get away' less than 5 hours drive from (more like 4 hours)
Seattle, Everett ,Tacoma.
The Bay Motel is the first motel you come to before entering the town of Sekiu. From the parking lot you can see Sekiu, its maybe 2 miles away. The motels in Sekiu are just as old as the Bay Motel; maybe even older. Because it is a fishing town its very busy in the spring, summer and early fall, but in the winter its dead! Some of the motels there will just close in the winter and open in the spring for the fishing season. During fishing season the number of people per square block is maybe 100 to 300 people (wife, dad, kids) where at the Bay motel its less than 70 total depending on how many rooms are rented.
Its exciting in Sekiu but its very relaxing at the Bay motel especaly the view looking out over the bay.
In the winter time its a perfect spot for a romantic weekend with your sweetie to watch the ships comming and going in the staight or watch the storms roll in from the Pacific, but you must come perpared. Bring the wine, crackers and steaks. Dont forget the bbq if you got a small one . A small ice chest filled with goodies will be the best. There are restaurants; on the other side of the parking lot of the bay motel is a restaurant but I am not sure if its open in the winter. Just ask the manager if its open or not. My guess it is open because people have to eat.
When i was looking for a room to stay I read so many horror stories about the rooms in Sekiu and Neah Bay, I had a hard time deciding what to do. I picked one place to stay taking a chance ,when I was going to leave my card number to reserve a room the manager said "sorry our card machine was taken away" and they could only take cash or check So I had to back out of the room. I then called the Bay motel. He had a room for the three days I wanted to stay that the others didnt have. I asked the manager how clean the rooms were and of course you would expect him to say that they are clean, but the manager said "trust me, for whats out here in Sekiu my rooms are nice and youll be happy. I will give you one with a nice view of the bay." So, a little scared I said ok and gave him my C C number to hold the room.

We got there about 6 pm saw that the motel was a bit old 40s or 50s, maybe 60s but not run down it was very well kept. Then when we opened the door to the room, It was very nice and clean with a small kitchen, a very clean bathroom, and nice beds. It was not what i was expecting to see, and my wife loved it! We stayed for 3 nights. There was maid service but my wife wanted to do it herself so all we needed was towels.
The next day we rented a small boat in Sekiu and fished for pink salmon. We caught 2 of them and then we drove to Neah Bay for lunch and sightseeing. Later we came back to go fish again but the water was to rough so we didnt fish for long. The next day we drove to Forks or should I say Twilight, then to La Push it's about a 45 minute drive from the Bay motel. It's not a bad drive at all. There are plenty of other things to do too. When we got back we fired up the bbq and had steak and salmon for dinner. The next day we had to leave to go back to the rat race . Before leaving i was talking to the manager and he was saying he didnt know if he would be open in the winter because he couldnt afford to if only one or two rooms are rented, so if you want to go in the winter call first. I hope he will be open.
I sit back and think about the stay there and all I see is the Bay, and the ships comming and going and the fishermen fishing . One time my family and I were on a trip and we were next to yellowstone park. I told my kids that if we didnt go to see Old Faithful we werent good Americans if we didnt stop to see it. So we did.
Now I say to all of you, if you dont go to visit the Northwest tip of Washington at least once in your lifetime your not a true Washintonian. The Bay motel is a great place to stay for your adventure.
Don Schnitger
Donschnitger51@hotmail.com

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank don s
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We stayed here one night. Our room was like a small studio apartment. It was clean and quiet. The towels were very nice. Amenities were a little sparce like coffee, shampoo, hair dryer, kitchen utensils. But anything we needed, we just stopped by the office and they were ready to help us out.

This is a motel. Nothing fancy, but there are so few places to stay in this area, that this is better than sleeping in the car or driving miles to find something else. And the price is right.

The best part of our stay was walking on the beach and picking up odd rocks and beach glass. The ocean is right there across the street. If you have your window open at night, you can hear the waves crashing on the beach.

The office people are very friendly and know the area very well. They answered all of our questions and made lots of suggestions of things to do.

Love their dog. He is a big puppy and just loves people. We miss our dogs but petting this big guy took away some of our dog longings.

The room was big enough for us to unload our luggage and spread out. There was some nice counter space that allowed us to spread out our stuff. We had bought some items that we could not take back home because they were not allowable carry on items, so we had to package them up and mail them to ourselves.

We would come back here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosementko
Reviewed 11 October 2010

This was the only hotel available when we drove in late at night last month. The place was spotless - very clean and kept. The staff/owners were exceptionally sweet and friendly. It was old and dated, not what we were used to staying in, but really proved its purpose well. We loved the location and drove up to neah bay for the hike out to the tip of washington very easily in the morning. Its not the marriott, but if you need a place to stay - id recommend it. Oh and free wireless internet was very helpful considering there was no cell signal.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ashleyet18
Reviewed 8 October 2010

No bedbugs, but also no dishes or utensils, let alone salt & pepper, in the kitchenette unit we rented - for $104. In the off-season when almost everything is closed, that seemed like a steep price, but they have a captive audience pretty far from civilization. The bathroom looked to have been recently renovated; fluffy white towels were plentiful. Beds were nice and firm with new-looking spreads. Reception was friendly and helpful about local sights, but no one around in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beverlea
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We have stayed many times at the Bay Motel. It was a nice surprise to see that the bathrooms are newly remodeled with new showers, sinks and toilets. The flooring and walls added a warm touch. We resevered many rooms for our family reunion. The owners were so helpful and nice. The views of the water are so calming. Each morning started with fog which burned off as the sun came up. Beautiful location. We will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank faye2010_10
Reviewed 12 September 2010

The owners knew we might arrive late, so sometime after 7 pm they called us to double-check on arrival time. They said they would keep the place open until we arrived. They gave us good directions and a warm welcome when finally got there around 9 pm. They suggested we eat before checking in to ensure that we would get something to eat before the diner-type restaurant next door closed.

The staff and patrons in the restaurant next door were also very friendly. Although we were only in Sekiu overnight, we felt as if we had stayed longer because we had so many pleasant conversations with folks there.

Our room at the Bay Motel was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable. It was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. The wireless internet was easy to access and worked efficiently. The room was outfitted for simple cooking, which was very nice even though we weren't interested in cooking. The bathroom was also very clean, and the shower was better than some I've had in places that cost twice as much.

This motel is not fancy, but then neither is the town of Sekiu. If you're looking for a resort, you're in the wrong area. This motel is well cared for -- in fact, it looked as though it had been recently remodeled. It has all you need. What made it really special was the genuinely friendly treatment we received from everyone there. If you're looking for a place in the Neah Bay area, my husband and I both highly recommend the Bay Motel in Sekiu.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linhood46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekiu
Van Riper's Resort
#2 of 5 in Port Renfrew
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to Bay Motel? Share your experiences!