“Great Motel for the Price”
Review of Bay Motel

Bay Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sekiu
Bay Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sekiu
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Bay Motel is a good little motel for the price. This is an older establishment, but it is very well kept up. The bed was comfortable, the towels were better than some of the high priced chains carry, the host and hostess were very friendly and accommodating. ( I reviewed some of the negative reviews that were a few years ago. There is a sign on the refrigerator now to not have fresh fish inside.) The Motel is a short ride to Neah Bay area, and also close to the little town of Sekiu where one can more their boat, fish,or get a bit to eat..or get ice cream. I would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarciaC310

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We fish the salmon runs in July and August off Sekiu. There are not a lot of close by options but the Bay Motel is clean and the people are friendly. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom works fine. For the money, this motel is a good value. It does cater to the fishing crowd, so you will hear lots of people up and about starting about 3am, so this is not a place to sleep in late.

Room Tip: # 204 is the best room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It ain't the Ritz, but Quiet and clean. A good value, especially on one of the most busy weekends of the Summer. Does show it's age, but that is what traveling in the outbacks is all about.
Yes we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank happymike1947
Reviewed 30 May 2013

A decent place to stay. There was a kitchenette with pots, pans and dishes in our room. The value was also decent. What we Loved was the little private beach directly across the street. We stayed there 4th of July 2012 so there were fireworks all around us as we were hanging out on the beach as well. There's also a great little restaurant that shares the same parking lot as the motel.

Room Tip: There's rooms with balconies that face the water, though they are a little more expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank clairbear69
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great location, beautiful ocean view, quiet, bald eagles and their babies flying around. The office guy was nice, funny and very helpful. The room was clean, sheets and blankets were clean, no stains, and definitely no dead bugs any where. You're out in the middle of no where, close to a fishing town. There's no 5 star red lion. It was exactly what we needed, a place to rest and shower. Definitely will stay again

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank lyndz88
Reviewed 14 October 2012

It's inexpensive, in a sparsely populated fishing town, and met our needs just fine. We had a room near the office (no water view) with one bed and kitchenette. Room was clean, and comfortable. Our only problem was that the floor was sloped so that your balance felt "off" when walking around the room. We didn't need/use the kitchenette but it was well stocked with supplies.

We walked into Sekiu but I wouldn't necessarily recommend walking. You have to walk along the busy highway and then cross a bridge that doesn't have have any spare space for walking. We had to wait until there was no traffic and then make a dash for it. It just added some excitement...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elperro
Reviewed 21 August 2012

After reading the reviews of the Bay Motel, my husband booked us a room for the last night of a ten day Pacific Northwest Vacation. We were traveling with our two boys, 19 and 12, and trying to be frugal and budget conscious in our lodging decisions. The reviews on Trip Advisor (with the exception of the last addition by Khoi) were very good about this place. My husband has trusted Trip Advisor for many other lodging choices, so he booked our room and felt confident about his decision.

Unfortunately for us, Khoi published his review of Bay Motel AFTER we booked and WHILE we were on our vacation. It was too late for us! In hind sight, I would have felt better paying for the room and leaving and paying for another room. I am not sure WHERE half of these reviewers stayed but I can assure you they did NOT stay at the Bay Motel #7.

The front desk attendant was very polite. We were pleasantly surprised with his playful demeanor and quiet attitude. We checked in, paid the bill and went to find our nightly home. Upon opening the door, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Dead bugs were our first greeters. My 19 year old son said he would sleep in the car!

The room was littered with dead bugs around both beds, under the tv, and heaven only knows what else was lurking in the dark corners. Not sure a vacuum had been used in this room for many months. It was dusty, musty, and smelled funny. When we tried to use the sink in the bathroom, it wouldn't drain. My husband returned to the front desk to tell the attendant and he came a few minutes later with Drano, poured it down the sink and asked us to wait a while before using it again. Well, it helped, but still wouldn't drain very quickly.

The shower was "interesting" at best. It was a stand-up shower, which I was thankful for at this point, but had little water pressure and wouldn't maintain a constant temperature. I thought it was just my younger son having difficulty, but my husband got a good scald and so did I. Scalding hot, then freezing cold. I had better showers in Eastern Europe with no hot water. And, there were no outlets at all in the bathroom which made it very difficult to get around the next morning.

yes, I'm aware we were literally at the end of the earth in a small fishing town, not Seattle, and not the Hilton, but good grief, you could at least run a vacuum over the place and clean up the dead bugs. It was a very disconcerting feeling, sleeping with all the dead ones around and wondering how many live ones were under the bed or in the bed. We did not find any evidence of bed bugs, thank goodness, but don't think we didn't check.

I can highly recommend that you NOT STAY here if you want to sleep! If you want a place to look at the water, sit out on the porch and look across the bay it would be fine. If you want to sleep and have a pleasant experience, drive a little further and find a better alternative. I really don't care how much it costs, it would be worth it in the long run. Even my husband, the very frugal, budget-conscious man he is completely agrees.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, that's the best advice I can give!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kgardner120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekiu
Van Riper's Resort
Van Riper's Resort
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
Curley's Resort and Dive Center
The Pacific Inn Motel

Been to Bay Motel? Share your experiences!