“The Wine Country B&B - Fantastic Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selah
Wine Country Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Selah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2008

My wife and I were going to participate in a charity bike ride in Selah, WA, just outside of Yakima. We were looking for a B&B to stay in just for the Saturday night before the ride.

There were only a few listed in the nearby vicinity and we were only considering those nearest to the ride's starting point in Selah.

At the time I found The Wine Country Inn B&B, there wasn't much information. I was unable to find any reviews online that would help me make my choice. I did find a link to the homepage, which was coming soon, but little other information. I assumed that it may be a new property.

I emailed Gerry to see if they had a room available just for the Saturday night stay. She responded promptly to my email that there was a room available, the amenities, and her phone number to call for more information.

When I called her, I inquired about the possibility of storing our bikes for the afternoon and evening of our arrival. We did not want to tour around Yakima with them still on the car. She said that we could store them in her garage. After telling her about the bike ride, she volunteered to pick us up in her truck if we needed a ride back. This was unnecessary as the 35 mile ride was round trip, but her gracious offer was much appreciated.

Upon arrival, we found out that she'd only been officially open for three weeks, but had spent several years preparing the property and the house for use as a B&B. We were given a tour of the property, some history of the house and the area, and were shown one other room that was unoccupied at that time. Unfortunately, with temperatures in the 100 degree range, we didn't make it out to see the ponds, but did take a short stroll around the property.

Gerry and Brett were very cordial hosts, willing to go out of their way for us. With our car being parked for several hours in the hot sun while we rode our bikes, they allowed us to leave our purchased wines in the air conditioned house until after the ride. She provided us with ice and water for our ride and went out of our way to see that we got the most out of our short trip.

The only disappointment was that we didn't come on Friday night and take advantage of a couple of nights. The breakfast was wonderful, and we would have loved to have enjoyed another morning with them.

Although a bit out of downtown Yakima, the Wine Country Inn B&B is close enough to restaurants and the wineries that a few extra minutes of driving will be well worth it.

We look forward to our next trip to Yakima and hope that we'll be able to find a room at The Wine Country B&B as word will travel fast, and there aren't very many B&B's in the area to choose from. The likelihood of finding one here will be less and less once the word gets out.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Wine Country Inn Bed & Breakfast

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selah
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Oxford Suites Yakima
#1 of 24 in Yakima
Best Western Plus Ahtanum Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Yakima

Been to Wine Country Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!