“Overall great, but.......”

North Park Lodge
San Diego, California
“Overall great, but.......”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed here with my son who is in the Army and transferring here. We stayed for 5 days and mostly it was a very good stay. Except for Friday and Saturday nights when 2 baseball teams were there. It was horrible! They ran through the halls yelling until after 11:00pm! The first night we didn't say anything, when it happened the next night I went down to the front desk to tell them. Nothing happened! I finally opened my door and looked down the hall at the kids hoping they would get the message. They then decided it would be fun to run down the hall and knock on my door. The next morning I went down to the front desk and told the girl what had happened, she was very nice and told me she had several other complaints that morning. She said she was going to talk to her manager when she came in on Monday. Monday morning (check out day) I went back down to the front desk and asked for the manager. I was told that she wasn't in yet and the lady there asked me what the problem was. I proceeded to tell the whole story again, she told me she would tell the manager when she came in and have her call me. Bottom line, I checked out without ever hearing from the manager and nobody said anything to me when I checked out, just took my money and that was that! I am so disappointed because my son will be living nearby and it would be the perfect place to stay but I will really have to think about it since the problems we had were never acknowledged or addressed by management.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank padtravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I plan a couple of trips per year for our baseball Team this was the best stay by far. They let us use the banquet room for a pizza party. Berry nice lodge área for us to watch the Basketball turny on tv.

• Stayed March 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Located in Selah where there a few choices. Luckily this hotel is there. Nice rooms. Rustic but modern. Good pool. We stay here every time we are in town because it is comfortable, cleand and convenient..

Room Tip: Reserve early during the summer especially on weekends as there are a number of baseball tournaments...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The2TravelingFools
Seattle
Reviewed 31 July 2012

What a gem!! Could not find a place in Yakima for the weekend, so ran across this property in Selah (about 3 miles from Yakima). Beautiful room for almost half for what I would have paid in Yakima. Nice quiet area across from a Little League baseball park. Room with nice comfy King Pillowtop bed. Definately will stay here again if in the Yakima area. Has a nice little complimentary breakfast in the morning with Hot Waffles and Biscuits w/gravy. Had no problem accepting our two small service dogs. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi worked great, good signal.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were referred to the North Park Lodge because hotels in Yakima were full. We were very pleasantly surprised and will stay here in the future, when in the area, because the location and value are superior to what we've found in Yakima. The proprieters have gone out of their way to cater to families. The venue has a pool, game room including pool table and arcade, tanning salon, large gathering area with couches and TV, and well appointed breakfast room. We had a room with microwave, refrigerator, and sink, separate from the bathroom and vanity area. The room was quiet and our King bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If your trip is on a Friday or Saturday night and doesn't involve kids, call ahead to ask about...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here after a concert at the Gorge and it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the rooms were great. Since we reserved a room late notice, we had to take a room with two queen beds. One of the beds had a red stain at the foot of the bed, so we slept in the other bed. Though we did not bring this to the staff's attention, we pull the sheet out so the cleaning crew would see it when they came in to clean the room. The rooms were outfitted in a country decor with large pine furniture. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We were able to arranged a late check-out with the staff and a late check-in as well. The jets in the hottub were not that strong, but the hottub and pool were both very clean. We really enjoyed our stay here and plan to bring our kids with us for our next stay. The staff was helpful and even reccommended a great place for lunch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Staying in this hotel was like staying at the local dog pound. Dogs barked through the night and into the morning, called front desk for a little help and nothing was done. When we went to check out we told them about our problem and we were told that they are a pet friendly hotel, which is good for the pets but not for the paying customer. We also in our sleep deprived state left some clothing in the closet and it took four phone calls ( and four different people) and one month to get our items back. I would hope that if any body reads this that they will not stay in this hotel no matter what the price of the rooms are.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rob s

Travellers are raving about these Selah hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selah
Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel
#9 of 24 in Yakima
Comfort Suites Yakima
Comfort Suites Yakima
#5 of 24 in Yakima

Been to North Park Lodge? Share your experiences!