“little rough around the edges, but a pleasant place”
Review of Sequim Bay Lodge

Sequim Bay Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
A TripAdvisor Member
“little rough around the edges, but a pleasant place”
Reviewed 8 October 2004

I think this lodge is great. I have staying in many hotels and motels, luxury and economic. of all the hotels in sequim this is my favorite. Lovely location, convenient to Sequim and the casino. Friendly staff! good rates, competetive. Rooms are very spacious. Clean and cozy. I would recommend staying here versus anywhere else in Sequim.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 9 September 2004

wow, i feel terrible because someone paid for our stay for our honeymoon and it was way overpriced and they got ripped off... $137 for a jacuzzi suite, ha... the room was dirty when we got there.. the kitchen-ette was supplied with 2 plates and 2 bowls, but no utensils. the gas fireplace advertised was electric. the jacuzzi frame was warping and we found a pubic hair on the wall right above the bed.. i would not recommend this "lodge" to anyone, there are so many better places to stay around there... it is a beautiful area, i'll give it that!

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Sequim hotels

Reviewed 23 August 2004

First thing at check in there was no record of my reservation made three weeks in advance, good thing i had a confirmation number. What i paid for a suite was over priced and i did not receive maid service during my stay. I stayed two nights and the best thing i can say about my stay is it was better than sleeping in the woods.

• Stayed August 2004
Reviewed 29 July 2004

I stayed at the lodge in May and had the most pleasant stay. The rooms were clean and spacious. I understane they had done some replacing of staff
to make the Motel better than ever. The front desk gal was very nice and the rooms were greatly priced. I would totally recommend the Motel to everyone visiting Sequim.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2004

After checking in and wanting a nice hot soak in the bathtub I discovered it was covered with pubic hair and had not been washed out at all. I found this to be so gross I checked out the same day and will not return.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 March 2004

Confirmed reservation price increased upon arrival at the hotel. I made a reservation at the hotel on 2/2/04. When I arrived on 3/12/04, the manager told me that he could not honor the price quoted (50% entertainment discount) and told me he would give me a 30% discount, asking me to understand they made a mistake. He also told me that they tried to contact me by phone several times to talk to me about it. They did call me the afternoon of my check-in, but I was not home. Imagine that. They also tried to raise the price of guests prior to our check-in from quoted golf package of $149.95 to $215.00. Those people were smarter than me and did not buy it. Good for them. Other than that, the rooms are below average for the regular price.

Reviewed 2 February 2004

I sprung for the in-room spa suite, and regret every penny of it. The web site claims that it has a gas fireplace, but instead there was a fake electric one that would take an hour to "light up". The suite itself wasn't bad per se, but definitely not of the caliber that you would expect for that price. The signature jacuzzi tub was nice, except that it filled at the rate of a regular tub, so you would need to start it at least a half hour in advance. And to top it all off, the room was INFESTED with ladybugs!

• Stayed January 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
#3 of 16 in Port Angeles
Manresa Castle
Manresa Castle
#8 of 11 in Port Townsend

Been to Sequim Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!