“Yuck!”

Sequim Bay Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My friends and I stayed last summer and I can honestly say it was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The sheets on the bed had not been changed prior to us getting the room, you could tell they were NOT fresh! The bathtub had a dirt ring around it, something that could have easily been removed with proper cleaning! I will never ever stay here, nor recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank reecy1985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Seattle
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had to pay extra because we had 4 people in the room, yet we only got 3 towels! As previously stated, the shower water smelled funny - I thought like hose water. The water was also slimy and I didn't feel clean when I got out of the shower. Not sure what kind of filtration thing they've got going on. Continental breakfast was... interesting. Cookies? Muffins, bananas, granola bars - typical Costco stuff. Noise was not an issue, but we had the AC running the whole time. It also smelled musty when we first turned it on, but it aired out after a couple hours. TVs are ancient, my children were fascinated! Housekeeping didn't empty the teeny tiny trash cans.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank FWDaisy

Travellers are raving about these Sequim hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Wife and I have stayed here every year or so. Most recently was the second weekend of July. I had called and asked for room 215 and was told it was available, but when we arrived found out that they had given the room to someone else..........no apologies, just a lame excuse that someone booked it before us.

Since we really can't trust them at their word, we won't be back.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobbyDean
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 19 July 2010

As previously said, the staff was very impolite. Upon arriving to the hotel, I wanted to lay down to take a nap and first thing I know, a spider is crawling out from under the covers. Freaked me out!! Also, the place reaked of smoke despite it being a nonsmoking facility.
When we came back to the room a second time, the people above us were smoking. Throughout the night, they ran the shower literally from 11PM to 11AM.. what they were doing, I'm not sure but the fact that I could hear each word they said through the thin walls was not okay. At 8 in the morning I woke up to the sounds of the people above us puking. Again, I should not be able to hear that.
The service was poor, the room was freezing the whole time, the water smelled like pool water, and the place was dirty. I am never going back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chipndale_3
washington
Reviewed 3 July 2010

The staff is uncaring and rude, they are absolutely no help at all... asked for clean towels, no response. The hair dryer was broken, I thought it might be faulty so I asked them for a new one since I called and asked if there was one in the room, and they said "YES" and they basically told me too bad, they did not bring me one.
The rooms smell like they have never seen cleaner before. And it feels like there are crawlies all over in the bed.
This place needs a prayer

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank REVIEWER_1955
Mount Vernon, WA
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We booked the suite with hot tub. There was a space heater in the suite next to the fake fireplace. We dropped our suitcases and went to the Casino for Dinner and fun. Came back around 10pm and went to get in the hot tub which was NOT hot. We have owned 3 different hot tubs and at 102 degrees I get hot and want out after awhile. This things was cold. We lasted 3 minutes in the hot tub and decided to go to bed. Mattress was rock hard. No extra blankets. The coffee pot poured more coffee on the counter than the cup. We complained to the manager when we checked out about the hot tub and she offered us 10% off of our $176 bill. Eventually she credited us $64 which she turned around and re-charged to our card after we left. She will not take our calls and we are currently working with Mastercard to have the charge reversed.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fronzthecat
Washington State
Reviewed 3 December 2009

we paid 150 for the hot tub suite - it promised hot tub abd fireplace - so we thought it would be worth it.

we walked in were met with ancient smoke smell and the fireplace was not a functional fireplace. It was a fireplace obviously used at some time ( you can see the dinge for smoke that stained the wall which they painted over it) but inside, there was a a lit picture of flames and infron, styrofaom logs with red foil - it produced no heat.

The hot tub was nice, but the crap paint job with dark red made one imagine someone was stabbed with the tacky plastic plants and dripped along the rail. Also watch out for splinters. If you go out at night, you cant see all the roof wood on the deck

The bathroom had dingy white scratchy towel and had a pill of some sort along the top of the mirror, The doorways had dirty fingerprint marks and it looked splintery as well.

The only thing worse was the customer service at the applebees in Sequim - make sure not to sit in Bri's ( bree?) section. We were given the check before offered desert. I thought maybe it was the end of her shift, but when I ask the front desk, I was told she had over 2 hours left - considering there was one us and one other table in her section that night she might have asked if we were celebrating ( it was my husband's birthday).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rudyconfucius
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Manresa Castle
Manresa Castle
#7 of 11 in Port Townsend
Days Inn and Suites Sequim

Been to Sequim Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!