“Dungeness Spit in November”

Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Sequim
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge is home to over 250 species of endangered birds, fish and mammals.
Eugene, Oregon
“Dungeness Spit in November”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was disappointed in the few birds we saw, but then we didn't walk all the way to the lighthouse. We were there at high tide and walking on the sloping beach of rocks and large grain sand was not ideal. Will definitely try it again at a better time for birding.

Visited November 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The Dungeness Spit was beautiful. I was not so sure when my husband said where he was taking me but I am so glad I was on board. The 1/2 mile walk to the beach is beautiful but once you can see the beach it is just breath-taking. We walked along the shore for quite awhile and saw some pretty amazing waves and pebbles. The driftwood was nice to sit on to just look out also. I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the area.

Note: The $3 charge is well worth it.

1 Thank midavidson
Summerland
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Walked down to the beach - it really is not much of a hike and is well worth the effort. The hosts at the top collecting the $3.00 are a wealth of information and truly wonderful

1 Thank Bunkie101
Circleville, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Take the time”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I didn't have as much time as I wanted to enjoy the trip all the way out to the lighthouse, but what time I had was very nice. I learned about the spit and how it was formed, got to watch the waterfowl, and also observe some marine life in the Straight.

1 Thank Joe M
Astoria, Oregon
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“connect with nature”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

You can take the short hike through a shady forest on a good trail, or opt for the longer hike to the lighthouse ( allow 4-6 hours) and be aware of the tides.

1 Thank oregonoma4