“Great views from nice, clean cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
John Wayne's Waterfront Resort
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Great views from nice, clean cabins”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My parents discovered the RV park about 12 years ago and have been going every since. This year was the first year that I was able to visit and I stayed in the cabins. The cabins are probably 50 feet from the shore so the kids could walk the shoreline when the tide was out and you can see them from the cabins. The John Wayne Marina is a short walk and the kids fished off one of the piers. With permission from the wonderful management, we had a hot dog roast one night. There are alot of repeat visitors and many of them stay for several months at the RV park so there is a great sense of community. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit!

Room Tip: Cabin 5 has a great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tdestena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is a "resort" by name only. It is really nothing more than an RV park. The location is great, but the park and amenities need a lot of work. The restroom/shower is terrible. Although they have two showers you have only one dressing room for both showers, so you better not have any modesty issues. The Laundry room has two washers and one dryer. It is located at the front of the "resort" in a building that looks abandoned. As previous comments indicated the ladies that answer the phone and work at the resort come across as rude and unhelpful. Despite the sign on the office gate indicates that the offices closes at 7:00 p.m. On the two occasions we went to the office the gate was locked well before 7:00. The reason given was that she wanted to cook dinner. This could be a good place for family, but they don't allow tents, nor were there any activities for kids or families. On the plus side they have a great location and view of the water. They have a lot of cable channels and WI-FI; however the Wi-Fi didn't always seem to work and we were told no streaming was allowed. They have a large unfenced pet area. When we were there it seemed like all guests had multiple dogs. They've got a great bonfire area. Unfortunately, we were there for 9 nights and they only had a fire one night and it was a large group of people having a BBQ. It didn't feel like anyone could join in. Very disappointing. It would be nice if they would invite all guests.

2 Thank Terry7e
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at the Sequim Bay Resort cabins. The view of the bay was magnificent. The kitchen was well equipped and the whole cabin was very clean. Check in process was easy and we were given several brochures and maps of the area. Over all enjoyable and peaceful place to stay.

3 Thank srqsuz
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2012

When calling to change a reservation, the unpleasant women on the other end of the phone was rude and proceeded to tell me that the campground was booked for the rest of the summer so changing a reservation date couldn't happen. When I proceeded to cancel she made me feel as if she had better things to do rather then take care of a future customer. Then she said they couldn't refund the deposit because I didn't contact them two weeks ahead of time. However, there is no disclaimer on their website about canceling within two weeks to receive a full refund!! If you want poor customer service stay at the Sequim Bay Resort!

6 Thank Kristin01234
Lago Vista
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Just want to say a big thank you to the managers for sponsoring a 4th of July potluck picnic and providing the fried chicken for the entire campground. Great food and fellowship...it was nice to meet some of the fellow campers. As always, you make us feel so welcome! What a pleasure it is to be back here after the 100 plus temps in TX, and there isn't a better place to be in the Pacific NW than here at Sequim Bay Resort. Thank you, Annalee and Wanda.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We had been driving most of the day and liked the view at this rv park. Before checking in (at ten minutes after the office closed--and assuming there is a policy in place for late rv check-ins) we like to check the showers and rest roome for cleanliness. As I was walking to the restroom to take a look at it, the manager or owner called to me and asked what I was doing. I told her I was wanting to see the facilities before checking. She said for me to drive up (the driveway to the house). I headed for the RV and she said, "ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE UP??" We did and she asked where we were from. Then she said, "If you're going to stay you need to check in because I have a tub of water waiting on me and I have put in 12 hours already!" No way was I going to give her my money at this point and I said we would go somewhere else. She barked, "Thank you!" As I was driving away she was still grumbling. My friend who was with me said, "Aren't you sort of sorry you wasted all that 'nice' on her?" I had done nothing but drive in and start toward the bathroom not to use it (I have one in the RV) but to check the cleanliness, and this was the greeting I received?!? Never will I stay there and I hope others will heed my warning.

• Stayed June 2012
9 Thank beetaylor
Sequim
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We are residents of the Olympic Peninsula and have been for several years now. As residents we have been camping at the Sequim Bay resort off and on for the past 6 years. Not only have we camped in our RV, we have rented the cabins for special occasions for family and friends to stay in. In all of our ventures at Sequim Bay resort have been positive and the resort managers have always been helpful and hospitable.
The resorts location is outstanding for all your outdoor experiences, the views are amazing and there are many things to do. As an aging park, it is clear to us that the Managers take great pride in the parks appearance and it's facilities. I would recommend this park to everyone. COME CAMPING.....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicki S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Sequim Bay Lodge
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim
Juan de Fuca Cottages

Been to John Wayne's Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!