“Meh”

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Looking at these reviews a few weeks ago I almost stayed elsewhere.. but it seems if you want anything equal to this hotel was a little spendy for me!

I called and asked about the construction. After staying for two nights I see there is very minimal left to be done! Just some painting and spa maintenance. Nothing loud or obnoxious, which is what they informed me when I called. I was more worried about the pool for my kids, but they would understand if I cancelled for that when I got there.

I don't really see to much wrong with this hotel. There was some trash in the parking lot, but they seem to be doing pretty well! This is a cozy little nook of the Pacific Northwest, and I believe my family and I shall stay again! The breakfast was simple, but filling and free. Try the game farm if you go to Sequim! My kids loved it.

Room Tip: Try the game farm close by
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here one Saturday night with a group of friends on a bird watching trip. We'll never make that mistake again. The front desk staff was involved in their own teasing game, and one left as soon as we reached the counter. The remaining gentleman had gigantic holes in his ears and an attitude of being in over his head. (He was also wearing a coat, which should have been a hint to us of things to come.) At some point he got around to a welcome. The hall carpeting and that of our room was stained, worn to the padding, and provided no warmth to the floor at all. We laid out bath towels as a path from the bathroom to the bed. Although the room was freezing (35deg weather) the blast furnace of a heating unit was louder than the (non-flat screen) TV and kept hubby up and down all night. That, and the sounds of our neighbors on all sides and above. The bedspreads did not smell fresh.
Continental breakfast was not too bad, except there was only one airpot of coffee that was soon empty. Other guests located supplies and got another pot going. The one person on the desk gave no indication of our existence.
Except for the group rate, I can't imagine what would recommend this property for a return visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I made reservations about one month before our trip with family from California. The gal that took our reservation stated that their system just failed, she would jot it down on a piece of paper, then, when the system came back up, she would call with my confirmation numbers for both rooms. The call never happened. I called a few days later, the gal that answered the phone stated that the system just came on line about "30 seconds" ago! Well, wonders never cease...she didn't ask for my name or any pertinent information but she assured me that my reservation would be entered and someone would call me as soon as that was complete. Okay then...that never happened. My third call was made one week before our trip and a gal answered the phone, she didn't seem to know much of anything...I explained my concern and she politely looked up the two reservations while insisting everything would be just fine. Well, she did not find either of the reservations, but they had plenty of rooms available and she could handle all my concerns. Also, I added that I was bringing my puppy and she said that was fine. I waited for confirmations to arrive at my email address before hanging up the phone. The emails did arrive with confirmation numbers so everything seemed fine...until the four of us plus my puppy arrived to check in. We drove up to the lobby drive through and noticed signs taped up on the doors with an arrow showing us to go to the far end of the building. It was dark and we walked into the check in area...the door to enter the building was ajar so as not to get locked in or out...the check in area has a young guy, John, sitting there with a smile, as if nothing was out of sorts...welcomed us. We decided we just needed a place to sleep so, let's go with the flow...John found our reservations but mentioned the key card machine "just went out" and that every time we needed to enter our rooms, someone would need to let us in. Even at 1:30 in the morning? Yep. Whatever. John gave us a discount for each room and did not charge for my puppy. It was just a one night stay, we only needed the room to sleep in. When we returned to our rooms at 1:45am someone was there to let us in our rooms. They offer a continental breakfast but once we saw the set up which was in the same room as the check in table we decided to go down the to a nice restaurant. I think they should have kept the hotel closed until all their restorations were complete. It was unsafe since the door was ajar.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
#1 of 16 in Port Angeles
Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
#3 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites- Sequim? Share your experiences!