“Great place to stay in the Olympic Peninsula”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great place to stay in the Olympic Peninsula”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We overnighted here for one night. The hotel is off the highway, a little ways out of Sequim. There is a restaurant next door. The hotel was very clean (looked almost new), staff was helpful and friendly. King bed was comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2islandhoppers
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we can make it even better next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Port Orchard, WA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were at this location for a marriage retreat with our church. We were going to stay an extra night, but ended up not being able to. I contacted the location and spoke to Toni (the manager) and wanted to cancel the additional night. She assured me that only the additional night would be canceled. When we arrived at the hotel, our entire reservation was canceled. They did not have the king bed room we had reserved, and there were only two queen bed rooms left. My husband is 6'6" and a queen bed is not comfortable for us at all. So, on Valentine's night, we slept in separate beds for comfort!! At a marriage retreat!! I spoke to Toni the next morning about the mix up and she was less than accommodating. She did not apologize for her mix up, but kept repeating over and over that there was a misunderstanding. No misunderstanding - she screwed up! In fact, I had to ask HER to find us a king bed for our last night's stay. A king bed room was found for us, but by that time our Valentine's night had been ruined. By the way, everyone in our church was given a welcome Valentine's basket when they arrived, and ours didn't make it to our room until after 9pm. When we got home, I contacted the corporate office regarding our experience. I said that I wanted a refund for the first night we stayed there, since we did not get what we paid for. I've been given nothing but the runaround from the corporate office. They told me that the manager (Toni!) would contact me within 48 hours which never happened. I've been offered a piddly amount of "points" from Holiday Inn Express which won't get you a free night anywhere. They have not cared at all about my dissatisfaction. Beware of this location in Sequim (and the manager), but even more so - if you are unhappy with your experience with Holiday Inn Express, you are out of luck!!

7 Thank Lisadear
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Lisadear,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ocean Park, Washington
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice clean room with microwave and small fridge. Mattress seemed tired - interior springs gave uneven support while perimeter bead quite firm. Mad it seem as if edge of mattress was an unyielding knife-edge. Room noise a bit higher than expected in a rural setting perhaps due to lack of sound absorption in hallway. Staff attentive and courteous.

3 Thank Sheplabs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Sheplabs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the mattress in your room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Service. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights here for a couples retreat planned by our church. The rooms were ready when we got there. Our room was a king and it was very nice and clean. I liked having a microwave and frig in the room. Shower was hot and pressure was good. The bed was a little soft for my husband and my liking. We had no other complaints. It is your average hotel, not fancy, but clean and worth the stay. During our "meetings" the staff was attentive and professional. Would stay here again.

2 Thank Christmasvacationer
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our meeting room makes a great place for large gatherings, and I am particularly happy to hear that went well for your group! I hope we will see you again.
federal way
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We went to Pt Angeles to visit family and knew we would be staying in Sequim for the night. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express's in other towns and knew it was be a good choice. We were not disappointed we checked fairly late and the desk clerk was very helpful and gave us a discount. Our room was a standard king and it was what we expected clean and up to date and the bed was very comfortable. They served a very good hot breakfast in a lounge area room that had plenty of seating and plenty of food even when we got there late. We had a quick stay but it worked out great!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank webfeetmama
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast! I hope you will choose us again next time you are in the area!
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This relatively new HIE is close to the highway and offers competitive pricing, however, it is not one of the nicest HIE we’ve ever stayed at. Housekeeping fair. Not great sound insulation between rooms. We awoke to a water leak in our room, --- packed up all of our belongings so nothing would get wet. When we reported the leak to the front desk, they didn't seem concerned at all. Okay for a night or two.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank 2RoadTrippers2013
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
I am sorry you did not find your stay as great as it could be! I would like to apologize, too, that you experienced issues, like a leaking pipe or noise issues. Our maintenance worker has been in since and fixed any issues, and I am sorry that our front desk agent came off as unconcerned. I assure you, we did solve the issues as quickly as we could. Additionally, while we did install much more than the standard insulation in the walls, occasionally, there can be noises from other rooms. If these are an issue, we are happy to alert the other guest, or even help you move from one room to another, if we are able! I hope you will give us another shot.
Everett, WA
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights so we could explore the area. This is a nice hotel, very clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable ( very important!). The self serve breakfast offered each morning was quite decent, with a good selection of both hot and cold options. The only real disappointment was the wifi. It was almost non existent for our entire stay. Very spotty and could only connect twice for a few minutes over our stay. After repeated efforts, we did call the tech help but got no help and the promised call back never happened. Overall, a nice hotel on the outskirts of Sequim, which made for a quiet, pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kat S
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
First, I'd like to thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review us! I'm glad you enjoyed much of your stay. Despite that, however, I would also like to apologize that you experienced issues with our wireless internet. If you are ever confronted by these sorts of issues again, be sure to let our front desk know, and we will do our best to get things working. I hope you will give us another chance!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Juan de Fuca Cottages
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!