“Decent place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winlock, Washington
“Decent place to stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm a picky hotel person, but this is the only place I will stay when working in the port Angeles/sequim area, clean, smells good, free breakfast. Nice views, big parking area,nice pool and workout room

Room Tip: Black bear dinner is in the parking lot!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alaskagirl618
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thanks for choosing us! If you were a picky guest, we certainly didn't notice! We can't wait to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have stay here at least 4 times, since it has opened and service gets better and better. Staff are very friendly, professional, and informative. Breakfast is standard for HIE, but still good (might be nice to have a waffle maker). The only bad comments that I can make is that the bed is too soft, there is not enought lighting in the bathroom (for some senior citizens), and can not get in from the backside - have to go to either side of the building.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor don't have to worry about noise coming from above.
2 Thank 14Lynne321
Thanks for the return business! I apologize if the location of our entrances caused an issue. We do have an entrance on the two farthest sides of the hotel, as well as a third entrance about halfway, but some parking spots may have a little longer walk. I hope you will give us a chance to mak eit up to you!
North Bend, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

So. We decided to meet my brother in law in the Sequim area of WA.
I researched hotels in the area for roughly an hour. I mainly looked at photos of the pools since we would be bringing our 12 and 8 year old boys with us.

I looked at the photos of your Sequim location and the photos of the pool looked great so I made the reservation and we drove nearly 2 hours and arrived Saturday evening. We checked in and went to the store to buy me swimming trucks. We came back to the hotel and went to our room and changed for a swim. We rode the elevator down to the first floor and pool door was locked with a sign saying it was "closed due to “contamination". No word of this on the website, while checking out, while paying or while checking in in person at the hotel. Not a word. We left on Sunday without swimming at all and drove by all the other hotels in town, with open pools, that we should have stayed at.

I emailed Corporate and got a automated response. Never again will I use them.

Room Tip: Find out if pool is open when checking in.
2 Thank Shawn S
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
I am sorry we had issues with our pool during your stay! We did have to shut down the pool area, as a guest had vomited in the area. When that happens, we must close the pool for guest safety. The pool was down for about three to four hours, but we did have it back up as soon as we could. I hope you will give us another chance to make things right!
Lewistown, Montana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family and I had originally booked a five day stay at the Days Inn also in Sequim, and after a horrifying experience, we ended up staying here. I traveled to assist my elderly grandparents with being able to see family. My grandfather is handicapped, my grandmother has cancer, and I am eight months pregnant. Because of this we needed an easily accessible room and a clean, comfortable place for my sick grandmother to relax when we weren't visiting family

An employee named David helped us promptly in our time of need, and offered us a room that was perfect for our needs that allowed us to have a highly pleasant stay. He was so polite and helpful. During the rest of our stay, the other employees were great as well.

The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet, and easily accessible because of the elevator (which I want to add is in nice, working condition.) The breakfast was very good and offered quite a bit of different food to please all different types of people. The beds were very soft, and we were able to easily get a good nights sleep here. The housekeeper that cleaned our room each day did an excellent job.

The hotel has a beautiful pool, is right across the street from a very affordable and HIGH quality restaurant that offers take out orders to the hotel, super fast WiFi, a nice t.v. with a lot of different channels, and even has a pretty rooftop garden. Overall, this hotel offered us the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. I am way more likely to stay in a Holiday Inn Express again, and would definitely stay in this same hotel if I were ever to return to Sequim.

2 Thank Rose W
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We really appreciate it. I'll make sure your compliments work their way to David! I hope to see you again next time.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Clean,quiet, nice rooms, full gym, Jacuzzi, and pool. Nice breakfast if you choose to eat at the hotel. There is a great diner across the parking lot as well. This is the quieter side of Sequim. Great internet here I can actually get work done here. Sequin in my opinion is a nicer place to stay instead of Port Angeles it's all around a cleaner more laid back town. Toni SKINNER is the Hotel Manager and is very likable, Toni runs a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank stevepwa
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! I'll make sure your compliments work their way to Toni. I hope you will choose to stay with us again!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good hotel and location. Close to town but just enough distance for peace. Nice lobby and rooftop garden. Breakfast was good with plenty of options. Hotel was quiet, secure, and peaceful. Would stay here again.

2 Thank Nate K
Thanks for staying with us! Our location in Sequim is a nice one, and it's good to see that guests are loving that! We hope to see you again next time.
Kennewick, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Location is great, room was great. Beds were so comfortable we delayed our check out simply to go back up after breakfast and lay down again :) The front desk young man was very accomodating at check in. He was the only one there and kept apologizing for getting phone calls. Priced moderate- not much in the area, so given the choices probably priced ok. Breakfast was pretty standard. There is a pancake maker that needs a big RED SIGN stating "PRESS ONCE". The gal behind me pressed the button and got TWELVE pancakes. LOL. We ended up with 4 when we intended 2 :) Good for a laugh.

2 Thank Sandy M
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you will choose to stay again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Manresa Castle
Manresa Castle
#10 of 11 in Port Townsend
Red Lion Inn & Suites- Sequim

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!