“Best Sandwich I ever had.”
Review of Garden Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Garden Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: We offer local American fare with homemade (from scratch) recipes using ingredients from local farmers and the Olympic Peninsula. We offer bistro sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts and we even offer vegan/vegetarian fare.
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Great outdoor location on a main central intersection in Sequim. We loved the soup and sandwiches... The Club was outstanding and the Dahl soup was amazing and very flavorful. I was surprised by how good the Lavender Lemonade was.

We've also had their Pizza at a couple of the Olympic Cellar wine events in town and it's the best Pizza I've ever had. Very thin traditional Italian pizza - lots of flavor and not the typical pizzeria toppings.

We hope they flourish and continue serving awesome food.
We will definitely return again and again.

2  Thank villasequim

Reviewed 28 July 2011

On a work trip I stopped here for lunch before moving on to the next adventure. I went during lunchtime in July so things might be different at night or at dinner but here was my experience. The seating is entirely outside at a "large intersection" (large for Sequim). So the ambiance was a little off, although close to everything if you are walking around and shopping. They had a nice selection of paninis and sandwiches along with soups and salads. No pizza like the previous comments had mentioned. The veggie panini was determined by whatever was fresh and had the usual suspects along with honey and basil.

The drinks were not the classic soda collection so I tried the Lavender Lemonade, which was surprisingly good considering food with Lavender often taste like soap to me. The pickle had an odd flavor that I couldn't put my finger on but was odd enough that I didn't want to finish it. The potato salad was good but again, another odd flavor I couldn't put my finger on.

Overall I would recommend it, definitely better than a subway and has lots of local flavor.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

This is an amazing eatery upon which we accidentally stumbled. Everything is done from scratch (including the bread) and you can tell that it is done with great care. My BF had the lavendar lemonade and the veggie panini of the day (tomato, basil, havarti and honey) and I had the cheekily named "whatever I damn well feel like making" surprise sandwich (today it was turkey, pesto and sun dried tomatoes), paired with a lemon cucumber cooler. Can't find a single thing about our meal we did not like.

The staff is also wonderful. The two owners were there today in addition to their support staff. They were accommodating and extremely friendly. They told us about the local area and what we should do while we were on the peninsula. You can tell that they actually care about the local community.

The only thing I would like to see them add are some alcohol options. Hopefully they will as they become further established and (hopefully) continue to flourish.

2  Thank kingofqueenanne
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Best Reuben we have had since leaving the East Coast, the corned beef was lean and the rye bread was perfect. The Dahl soup - outstanding, definitely go there again.