“Gem”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Garden Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: We offer local American fare with homemade (from scratch) recipes using ingredients from local farmers and the Olympic Peninsula. We offer bistro sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts and we even offer vegan/vegetarian fare.
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Excellent breakfast/brunch----this is where the locals eat and you can see why----great service and excellent food.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Was a great place but been out of business for more than a year A gay couple of guys were doing a bang up job and now just doing pizza catering. They hope to open something else in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Neat little place with outdoor seating near a busy intersection, able to take advantage of our 300+ sunny days. Unfortunately they were in business last summer but not this summer. Bummer!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Great outdoor location on a main central intersection in Sequim. We loved the soup and sandwiches... The Club was outstanding and the Dahl soup was amazing and very flavorful. I was surprised by how good the Lavender Lemonade was.

We've also had their Pizza at a couple of the Olympic Cellar wine events in town and it's the best Pizza I've ever had. Very thin traditional Italian pizza - lots of flavor and not the typical pizzeria toppings.

We hope they flourish and continue serving awesome food.
We will definitely return again and again.

2  Thank villasequim
Reviewed 28 July 2011

On a work trip I stopped here for lunch before moving on to the next adventure. I went during lunchtime in July so things might be different at night or at dinner but here was my experience. The seating is entirely outside at a "large intersection" (large for Sequim). So the ambiance was a little off, although close to everything if you are walking around and shopping. They had a nice selection of paninis and sandwiches along with soups and salads. No pizza like the previous comments had mentioned. The veggie panini was determined by whatever was fresh and had the usual suspects along with honey and basil.

The drinks were not the classic soda collection so I tried the Lavender Lemonade, which was surprisingly good considering food with Lavender often taste like soap to me. The pickle had an odd flavor that I couldn't put my finger on but was odd enough that I didn't want to finish it. The potato salad was good but again, another odd flavor I couldn't put my finger on.

Overall I would recommend it, definitely better than a subway and has lots of local flavor.