“Highlight of our vacation!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olympic Game Farm
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Sequim
Kealakekua, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of our vacation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We decided to visit the Olympic Game Farm because we had time to spend. It turned out to be the best 2 hours of our day. I wasn't sure what to expect given all of the negative reviews I had read. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least. We saw bears, eagles, wolves, rhinoceros, lions, rabbits, bison, and some other animals. The bears were the cutest. We threw the bread to them and they caught it in their mouth. One bear even took a dip in the small wading area. The deer and bison will come up to your car if you entice them with bread. That was a little freaky, but it was awesome to be able to see them up close. It was definitely the highlight of our vacation and better than a zoo!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank hawaiigirl_11

• Korean first
Milwaukie, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Better than the zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

This is a MUST SEE if you are in the area. You can feed bread to most of the animals. (Besides the really dangerous ones) Its a really great experience for the kids! They get to be up close and personal with buffalo, zebra, elk, etc. There is also a small petting zoo!

Visited May 2010
3 Thank mariatebeck
Sammamish, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for family outing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

My wife and our young children went to the Olympic Game Farm on a cold, rainy day in March 2011. I hadn't been there in about 20-25 years. Given that, along with some of the negative reviews here, I was a bit concerned before we made the lengthy drive from the Issaquah area.

We were pleasantly surprised in every way and my family loved it. The animals that you can feed (bears, elk, buffalo, and various others) are numerous and appeared to me to be healthy. There also are tigers, cougars, wolves, lions, and other animals in cages toward the latter end of the tour. They all appeared to be healthy to me and relatively vibrant. I wouldn't say the cages that some of the animals are in are huge, and they clearly don't have an environment that you'd see at a modern big-city zoo (i.e., a big natural-looking habitat), but they all seemed to be doing fine and were close enough to see them really well. Some of the animals are a bit old, but I understand that the Olympic Game Farm takes in some animals that are too old for zoos or otherwise were rescued ... hey, old animals have to live somewhere too!

Overall, there are a ton of animals and the length of the tour -- i.e., the size of the park -- is greater than I had expected it to be. It turned out to be just like I had remembered as a kid (in the mid 80s) and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a great place to see animals, especially if you want to take children, and it's most likely the only chance you'll have a chance to see some majestic animals up close and to feed them.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank MatthewCSeattle
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“People who don't know about the park shouldn't talk.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

OK, So there are several reviews on here I find ignorant.

First of all, if one would take the time to actually speak with people to get more information on the park you would understand. The "bread" that is given to the animals is actually not from a store. It is made with barely, wheat and added nutrients FOR the animals specifically. This bread costs the park quite a bit of money therefore, they charge 2 dollars per loaf. The bags are donated by a local bread company. Please be aware any idiot who enters the park and states "feed them anything" are unaware of the continual monitoring they have. The "big house" on the hill is the main surveillance area not a mansion rich people live in and rake in money. Secondly, the animals are rescue animals. A few of the bears have actually been taken from a circus, backyards, and yes even Zoos. Bears live up to 40 years. So yes, they are old but would you hate your grandma because she is old? They have housing, water and plenty of food. They specifically get fed orangic meats, fresh fruit and veggies everyday of the week. These animals are taken from people who can't afford to keep them and rehab them.

This park does not get grants from the government such as non-profit organizations and zoos. This park relys soley on the folks that pay the money for entrance and "bread" to supply a perfectly healthy lifestyle for the animals and those who donate money. Their money does not go to the glitz of a show park but rather the things that people don't see of a park. They raise their own hay, butcher their own cows for the carnivores and are currently building new housing for the "caged" animals. Also, please be aware that it costs an incredible amount of money to build these new cages and unlike a zoo they are doing it from the ground up.

One of the bears was raised from one week old and was a rescue cub. This bear plays with the workers and their dogs even.

They do NOT breed their exotic animals they rescue them.

Soooooo for all of those who read these reviews....these animals are lovely and magestic and the park is working out of love. Of course they are going to be "sad" looking. Any animal taken from nature is......at least these animals had a place to go rather than be abused or starved. Respect them.

Visited February 2011
11 Thank keeler28
Snohomish, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great family memory!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

When I was little my mom took me to this park. It was great considering we just drove around and looked at the animals!!!! This place has always stuck out in my mind out of all the vacations we had and I still tell stories from being here even though it was about 20 years ago. I highly recommend this as a place to take your family! I intend to take my family here in the coming spring.

3 Thank ba55cab00m

Been to Olympic Game Farm? Share your experiences!