“Not even a ghost of what it used to be!”
Review of Olympic Game Farm

Olympic Game Farm
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Sequim
Tacoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not even a ghost of what it used to be!”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I am a nature lover and visited the Olympic Game Farm for the first time since I took my mother there back in 1984. Back then it was a super clean park with exhibits with big cats and bears and other animals where people could walk and see them up close outside their vehicles. They had clean well kept cages and plenty of employees on the property and one guy had a bear show where the bear did some tricks for food. I remember in 1984 particularly this beautiful big spotted Jaguar with a proud cat like look on it's face. Of course, back then you still had the driving tour where you were expected to stay in your vehicle while feeding the animals bread purchased at the park. That was the same this time.
This time in August 2010 as I paid my admission and looked to the left and saw a bunch of cages that looked like they hadn't been cared for, tall grass and a general unkempt look. I thought to myself:" I came all the way up from Tacoma for this?"
However, I went ahead with the tour and the most disspointing part of the tour was the cages with the big cats. They looked like they hadn't been maintained in years, one cage had a sign COUGAR at the front and contained a bunch of chickens.
I know some reviews have dissed the animals care overall, I won't do that as I am not an expert in that area but do have my suspicions. Whoever is the authority to do inspections need to be aware it was nothing like the great place I remember in 1984.

3 Thank travelingtacoman

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Terrible sad and dirty!”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Don't go whether these animals ahve been in movies or not they deserve a better life then living is squaller! No fresh food or water for most. A dyiing Bison in the back labored breathing. Lions and tigers in small cages no water or shade! Bears sitting in poop filled areas with unkept grounds and trash rocking back and forth! sad and needs to be checked into! no hay or fresh wter! Tumors or no the bear should be looked at! Not nice that you make money off of these animals and they are suffering! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Thank sokolik
Baker City, Oregon
“Top of the line!!!”
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My family and I loved driving through your game farm last summer, and you made my wifes day when to her surprise Grizzly Adams was there, she grew up watching him and just loved meeting and getting her picture taken with him.

Kingston, WA
“We love the Olympic Game Farm”
Reviewed 30 November 2009

The Olympic Game Farm provides a home for many rescued and elderly animals. It is also a fun place to take out of town visitors in a beautiful part of the Olympic Peninsula. We were chased by a llama, an experience we won't forget!

Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful park, wonderful animals, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 21 November 2009

Set in Sequim, the sunniest place in Washington state, Olympic Game Farm is a great value for the entire family. It's priced competitively with other animal-related entertainment such as zoos and aquariums. Yet I got far more joy from the Game Farm because of the interaction with the animals. The bears and elk especially have gregarious personalities and kept us quite amused with their antics. The park has a broad range of species and everyone in the family will very likely see their favorite animal. For an even greater value, the park has an annual fundraising event in June with live entertainment, celebrity autograph signings, and cheap but tastey food.

Been to Olympic Game Farm? Share your experiences!