“Exceeded our expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Sequim B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our downstairs suite was peaceful, inviting and very comfortable. We enjoyed the location and the setting. But most of all we enjoyed meeting Berta and Claire, their warm, hospitality and their amazing breakfasts. Berta helped us plan our itinerary, and made sure we had a great experience. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We look forward to your next visit. Berta & Clare

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Dungeness Barn House B&B was beautifully decorated, in a wonderful setting and, most importantly, Berta, who owns and opens this wonderful setting to guests does so in a remarkable way. Even before we arrived, she checked in with us about dietary restrictions, and when I responded that, while we had no food allergies, I really didn't like a particular food, she went out of her way to create amazing breakfasts including an amazing smoked salmon quiche and almond flour waffles with Washington State peaches. As we were visiting the first evening, she said she was going to make a pie the next day and asked which of several options we might enjoy. The rhubarb custard pie with fresh whipped cream which welcomed us after our day of exploring in and around the Olympic National Park was delicious!

We were in the upstairs room, which was beautiful and completely welcoming. And to be able to sit in the large upstairs "family room" wih an incredible view right across the street to the Dungeness Spit and Strait of Juan de Fuca was exceptional.

You couldn't find a more hospitable and welcoming host. In fact, you felt immediately like you were spending time with a long time friend. And you got to do so in a house full of gorgeous antique furnishings where you felt totally at home.

This is definitely a place where we will return - and where we have already been telling friends that they need to visit.

Room Tip: There are two rooms. We were upstairs which was great, but we had a chance to see the lovely downst...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottandJolie

Hi Scott and Jolie,
We are delighted that you chose the "barnhouse" for your visit to the Olympic Peninsula and that we were able to help give you an enjoyable vacation. Please come back to see us again. Berta

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I spent one week in the downstairs suite. This is a very peaceful place, with good views of the Dungeness Spit and Strait of Juan de Fuca. Berta and Clare were excellent hosts. They took care of every detail, from making sure there are perpetual snacks throughout the house, to the gourmet breakfasts each morning. My wife and I have stayed in many B&Bs over the past 35 years, but I don't recall ever having any better breakfasts or a more comfortable bed. The bed was 18 inches of memory foam, which seemed to really help my wife, who had been having back problems.

Room Tip: The room on the lower level (which is where we stayed) is the more spacious room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Judy and Charlie,
Clare and I are so happy that you had a wonderful stay and hope to see you again soon. Berta

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Pretty location, overlooks Dungeness Bay and is 10 min from downtown Sequim. Great breakfasts. Some outdated decor. Not very clean. We stayed in the upstairs room, which has old carpet. We found lots of hair on the bathroom floor. Wiped up a bunch but still had to tell the owner who said she would clean it up. There was dust all over the toothbrush holder and hair on the bathroom shelf. We found out the next day from the owner that she is selling the B&B to another person, who was being trained. We suspect the shabbiness may be due to the transition.

Overall, it was acceptable, but we have stayed at much nicer and more clean B&Bs for much less money.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gkunka
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

The pain caused by your unwarranted review has caused both tears and sleepless nights. I have worked hard for 5 years to try to create the most wonderful experience for our guests on the Olympic Peninsula. For you personally I rearranged other guests to accommodate your request for a 4 night stay, I did not charge a cancellation fee when you called at the last minute to cancel the first night of your stay, and I did as I do for every guest created personalized breakfasts for your dietary wishes. When you told me that you found a hair on your bathroom floor I personally cleaned it on my hands and knees with a flashlight. I am sorry that a 100 year old former dairy barn with my lifetime collection of antiques was not to your taste (I suppose you could call it 'deliberately' dated) but "everyone" else loves it. The "Dungeness Barnhouse" is definitely one of a kind and will continue to give the 5 star experience we are known for to every guest. As to room rates I have the lowest room rate on the waterfront in Sequim and the only private beach for guests to enjoy. You have my sincere apology that you did not have the perfect experience that we try so very hard to give every guest.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just got back from four nights at the Dungeness Barnhouse Bed and Breakfast in Sequim, Wa. Facing north, overlooking the Dungeness Spit, we got sunrises and sunsets in spectacular color. A warm, friendly atmosphere, ate breakfasts outside when temperatures permitted, surrounded by roses and hummingbirds. Gourmet food served in stylish fashion, fun snacks in the great room which boasts a killer view, comfortable suites. We went with another couple and had the house to ourselves which was quite fun. We spent a lot of time enjoying the gardens and beach deck in the sun pretending we could grow roses like these. Great location. Great hostesses. Great experience. A definite come-backer!

Room Tip: One suite is on the entry level, one on the second floor. Both have benefits. The great room is on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LMBM2014
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We will look forward to your next visit....

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am really late in getting this review done. We visited Dungeness Barn in March of 2013 (I had to mark July cuz it was the earliest one in 2013). I read all the reviews and was amazed that they were all 5 star! That is unheard of, but truly deserving!! Berta was very welcoming and made us feel right at home. She opened her home to us and told us to make it our home. She had snacks all over the house to nibble on, too.

Her "welcoming committee" was her cat and she only came over to see if we were cat friendly, then left us alone if we wanted her to, or let us pet her if we were into cats.

We had the large king suite on the main floor and it was very nice. Comfy bed, comfy pillows. Loved the furniture and all the nice touches.

Breakfasts were made by Berta every morning and were delicious. We had Eggs Benedict one morning and a crab omelet another morning. Included was fruit, yogurt, homemade muffins or bread of some kind, Orca Blend coffee and juice. Always prepared and served attractively.

She has 3 Caveliers who came in (if we wanted to meet them) after breakfast. Just onto the porch so we could pet them. Papa was Figaro, Mama was Maria and puppy was Wilma. Cutest dogs and very friendly!

The house was filled with antiques and the gardens were lovely. We were there in March so not much was in bloom but you could tell that when things were blooming, there would be a glorious mass of color. In her backyard she had hundreds of roses. I imagine those are spectacular in full bloom!

The views are magnificent - from the upper living room you can see across to Vancouver Island and Victoria. The strait is right in front of the house! We had some squalls come thru and even they were pretty. From the backyard you can see the Olympic Mountains. You can walk across the street and get down to the beach that has a nice sitting area midway down the stairs. Just gorgeous!

I imagine by now the new owner, Claire (who we got to meet), has taken over. Berta said that Claire has more antiques than she does! Will have to go back and see the differences.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Sequim and the Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful place to stay. Don't miss it if you are ever in the area!!

Thank you, Berta, for a fabulous visit!! Oh, and thank you for scheduling the deer walk-thru the day we left! So great to see that little herd come thru to wish us well on our trip home. =)

John & Maria

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely compliments. Clare and I will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our experience at the Dungeness Barn House B&B was very satisfying. If antiques and assorted collectables are your thing, you will be quite happy here. I could have spent half the morning examining all the items decorating just the bathroom, and I am not even a collector. Breakfast was excellent. We only booked two days for our stay. I wish we had had more time to spend here. There probably are cheaper places to stay. However, my wife was delighted with the time we spent here. I would call that a good investment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Please come see us again...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Olympic Lodge
Sequim Bay Lodge
Sequim Bay Lodge
#8 of 9 in Sequim
Greenhouse Inn by the Bay

Been to The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!