“Great burger with sweet potato fries!”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #8 of 87 Restaurants in Sequim
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Black Bear Diner is dedicated to providing the very best food and service anywhere. You'll enjoy delicious family meals, perfect burgers, frosty shakes, and healthful salads. We'll treat you like we invited you over for diner! Enjoy outside seating on our deck in the Sequim sunshine. We are located next to Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Sequim. Don't forget our pet-friendly deck when the weather is nice!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have only eaten here once but will be going back. The hamburger I had was medium rare but crusty on the outside with lots of flavor. The bun was brioche bread and quite tasty.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had just returned from a month long vacation in Florida and had discouraging news. (The electric had been off for several weeks and we had a freezer and refer full of really bad food). We decided to eat breakfast out before we did anything else and went to the Black Bear.

We had eaten lunch there before and had breakfast once. This day, our food was excellent but the great news was our server. Sylvi was so encouraging about what happened and had many uplifting comments. We noticed not only did we receive those warm words but the other dining around us also were encouraged. Wonderful Server that mad the meal extra special.
Eggs and all other items were well cooked and prepared. Priced Right.

Ask for Sylvi and a glass of Orange Juice and your day will improve immediately.

1  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've gone to the Black Bear Diner twice for breakfast. The first time I had the 'Bears Choice' with the waffle and bacon. I asked for an extra crispy waffle and soft bacon.. Everything was cooked to perfection and, for one of the first times EVER, the egg yolks were hot! The waffle was served with a sprinkle of powdered sugar which, while pretty, would have been better left off as the batter is already sweet enough. The syrup was warm and delicious...not too sweet, just good maple flavor. My friend had the Hobo Omelet and was quite happy with her meal. Our server was friendly and kept a pretty good eye on us for extra water, etc.

Today, we went again. This time I had one of the classic two egg combos, again with their bacon. I choose pancakes as the side in lieu of potatoes or toast. I was thrilled that the yolks of the eggs were once again hot and (being from the south) delighted with the slight crispy edge.

While I normally avoid pancakes like the plague (way too sweet for my taste) the two I had this morning were over the top delicious. I could have eaten every morsel but made myself stop in order to save at least a bit of my waistline.

The bacon, on the other hand was a bit disappointing. I blame myself for this as I'd asked for 'soft' bacon and when my plate came I could see it was much more crisp than I prefer. For my taste buds, the flavor is just not there if the bacon is very crisp. Upon paying my bill I inquired about what to do if an item comes to the table and is not prepared the way it was requested. I was told (very sincerely) that I should immediately tell the server and that it would be made right. Given the quality of the rest of my meal and the Denver Omelet with cut country potatoes (which she said was awesome), I believe they would indeed correct any problem.

Today our server was not very watchful of our table and therefore I didn't get more water and had to flag her a couple of times. Because of that and the bacon I gave them a 4 star....but really am just being a bit picky. Guess I've watched too many food/cooking/secret diner shows. I will return often.

As an aside....the full menu is available all day, baked potatoes after 4 pm and the price is right even for a senior on a tight budget. Just save up a bit extra and give yourself a treat by eating at the Black Bear Diner.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

So glad we decided to drive through town.
Right next to holiday Inn

We had a camper and was able to park along curb in back
It would be tight parking lot with trailer

Nice portions and prices
Good menu and food

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This restaurant was across from a hotel I was staying at for five days, and I ended up eating there a total of three times.

The food is DELICIOUS! Not only that, but it was rather affordable as well. I loved every single thing that I had to eat at the restaurant. I especially recommend the pancakes and waffles. They were the best I have ever had in my life.

A feature that I also appreciated was the fact that the hotel allowed take out orders so you could take it home and eat or (in my case) eat it at your hotel. Definitely a great restaurant.