“Great food and a bit of history”
Review of Old Mill Cafe

Old Mill Cafe
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Sequim
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

In a town with several "non-chain" restaurants, the Old Mill stand out for great food (and drink) and well as representing a trip into the long-ago lumber mills. Give yourself time to look over the pictures and artefacts throughout the restaurant. I really love the round table with a miniature logging business featured below the glass top.
The clam chowder available on Fridays is wonderful. The employees are warm and helpful. Easy to find restaurant from Highway 101, turn onto Carlsborg Road and go about a half mile. The restaurant is on your left.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Nice casual restaurant, some items are wonderful and others not so much. Will definitely go back, but not at the top of my list.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

A group of 6 of us went here for dinner on Valentines Day. At first we were a little disappointed that the regular menu was not available and there was a small special menu to choose from. We were not disappointed long. Dinner was fantastic, with good size portions. My husband and I split the seafood platter and both had plenty to eat. My friends had prime rib, chicken and halibut. All were pleased with their meals. We had several people check in on us at the table and the waitress even offered to make a special "Valentine's Drink" if we wanted. The atmosphere was great, cute little place, a little off the beaten path but well worth going to, especially for a special occasion. I would definitely eat here again if I am in town.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It is a bit hidden but well worth the search. When we walked in, I said that any restaurant with such amazing ambiance just cannot match that experience with memorable food and service. How wrong I was! While waiting for our lunch, we looked around what resembles a museum more than a restaurant. There are huge five foot saw blades embedded in the round tables, a scale model of the original sawmill is embedded in another table, beautiful stained glass, and much more. Postponing the tour, we sat down to truly enjoy our lunch. I had the French Dip and have never enjoyed such a fine tasting au jus. The prime rib was equally good and cooked just barely on the pink side. It was obvious that it had not been sliced and aging in a pan of juice for hours, as is normally encountered. Regarding the service, my coffee cup was never empty, nor were our water glasses. We can't wait to return and try the deserts that are baked in the restaurant.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Traveled 15 miles to get there after recommendation from friend, for our 16th "Adversary". Had what they called a "Kobe" Burger that was expensive, but what the hell, it was our "Adversary"! It was cooked as I requested, worth the price, good HOT coffee (and a lot of it), and VERY good large portions, (MY kind'a town). Server(s) were quick, friendly, and efficient. Amazing, wonderful, fantastic OLD rustic décor we found very interesting and clean. Antiques and never-seen stuff! Interesting "histerical" pictures. Nice people! Clean restrooms with HOT water. Clever, cute stuff! Wife had turkey sand on sourdough with cranberries which she liked. Exterior neat (rustic), good parking, interesting stuff, clean parking concrete lot. We will go back!