“Ridiculous and dishonest business”
Review of Sundowner Motel

Sundowner Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
“Ridiculous and dishonest business”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Worst motel ever. I would have given it a 0 star if that's possible.

DISHONEST BUSINESS - DO NOT TRUST. First they lied about the room price. When I called around for prices they quoted me a much lower price to get me there; once I confirmed the reservation and drove there, they wanted to charge me a much higher price with a lame excuse: "The guy you talked to made a mistake about the price, now you can't find another motel with a lower price anyway."

Motel staff Ashley is the rudest I've ever seen. She screams and makes up policies on the spot because her mother owns the motel. I had to tell her "calm down, I will listen to everything you have to say without interrupting you, then when you are done, could you give me a chance to finish my sentence without interrupting me?" She also makes up unreasonable and random "policies" on the spot, which I've never heard of in any hotels and motels I've stayed, and weren't written anywhere in their motel.

BTW they also have cameras everywhere, they will LOOK INTO YOUR ROOM if you leave the door open. And of course they don't tell you that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jean W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Delta
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoy the lower cost, well-maintained aspects of this motel whenever we visit the area. The rooms are clean and include modern conveniences such as a fridge and microwave. I specifically noticed that they have installed an accessible power bar at the work desk which is very handy for charging my laptop and mobile phone. The beds are very comfortable yet supportive, an important feature for us. The owner is always very friendly and helpful and we want to wish them continued success.
A big bonus is that this motel is next door to the Diner 101 which makes great food and has a super friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Douglas B
Lanham
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I checked in after midnight and it was no problem. The night clerk was very nice. Near 7 Cedars Casino, which is a nice place to play, in a beautiful part of Washington State. The room was clean, lots of accessible outlets, with refrigerator and microwave. All for $45, including tax. The lowest cost lodging in the area. The Frugal Traveler recommends this place.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Steven K
seattle
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is right place for right people. Who belive simple and clean with
WI FI.Well why I spend much time money for clean bed and clean place.May be some people are looking for totally nice place this is the place.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jigla
Neah Bay, Washington
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Quoted a price,charged 15 more,room smelled like puke and old beer,couldn't get my money back. The next room he put us in,he turned on the heater,I gave it 30 minutes no heat actually blowing air in from out doors,temperature was 25° outdoors and he gave me a heater the size of my hand, slept in a sweat shirt,wind breaker and parka,froze until 4 a.m.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank erline5conwell

Travellers are raving about these Sequim hotels

Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I sold my house nearby and needed a place to stay for 3 or 4 weekends. Never had a problem getting a room, good price and value. The owner was accommodating and pleasant. Excellent wifi. Rooms are clean though dated. Near Costco, Wal-Mart, and McDonalds on the main drag. Best value priced stay in Sequim bar none. Recommended.

Room Tip: Get the dbl queen even if traveling solo. Same price, bigger room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank timothy h
Old Fort, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have been staying at the sundowner Motel 1and2 days a weak for a period of 6 month. we have found the rooms to be very clean and in order.the rates is very fair .I think better than average.the management and staff is more than happy to meet your request eany time day or night.So fellow travelers i would gladely say it is a good place to stay over night. Thanks Sundowner.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Sequim Bay Lodge
Olympic Lodge
Olympic Lodge
#1 of 16 in Port Angeles
Red Lion Inn & Suites- Sequim

Been to Sundowner Motel? Share your experiences!