“Happy Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
Vancouver, Washington
“Happy Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great place to stay, not fancy, but had everything we needed and was definitely affordable. Location within walking distance of downtown and all the city Lavender Festival activities. Employees were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LLP1957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel knew they were the only rooms left in town and we paid the price. Over priced for a dumpy room. Sink has rust stains and bathroom door wouldn't stay closed. Room just felt dirty. Not worth the stay. Would have been better off sleeping in the car!!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kristianne W

Travellers are raving about these Sequim hotels

Buckley, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked this hotel on line and wasn't sure what to expect. Because it was a very good price, the pictures looked fine. It seemed like a great location in the middle of town. Only 5-7 miles to golf course which is what we were going for. Pulled in and it actually looked better than I thought it would be. Our room was just as stated also included a fridge & microwave. I will stay there again I had no problems at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Time2pack18
Eatonville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with the Sundowner Motel. We were rented a fairly large room, with a couch, fridge and microwave, for a very reasonable price that also included having our dog with us. Very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable with plenty of access to power usage. Located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tweetyuncaged
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Worst motel ever. I would have given it a 0 star if that's possible.

DISHONEST BUSINESS - DO NOT TRUST. First they lied about the room price. When I called around for prices they quoted me a much lower price to get me there; once I confirmed the reservation and drove there, they wanted to charge me a much higher price with a lame excuse: "The guy you talked to made a mistake about the price, now you can't find another motel with a lower price anyway."

Motel staff Ashley is the rudest I've ever seen. She screams and makes up policies on the spot because her mother owns the motel. I had to tell her "calm down, I will listen to everything you have to say without interrupting you, then when you are done, could you give me a chance to finish my sentence without interrupting me?" She also makes up unreasonable and random "policies" on the spot, which I've never heard of in any hotels and motels I've stayed, and weren't written anywhere in their motel.

BTW they also have cameras everywhere, they will LOOK INTO YOUR ROOM if you leave the door open. And of course they don't tell you that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jean W
Delta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoy the lower cost, well-maintained aspects of this motel whenever we visit the area. The rooms are clean and include modern conveniences such as a fridge and microwave. I specifically noticed that they have installed an accessible power bar at the work desk which is very handy for charging my laptop and mobile phone. The beds are very comfortable yet supportive, an important feature for us. The owner is always very friendly and helpful and we want to wish them continued success.
A big bonus is that this motel is next door to the Diner 101 which makes great food and has a super friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Douglas B
Lanham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I checked in after midnight and it was no problem. The night clerk was very nice. Near 7 Cedars Casino, which is a nice place to play, in a beautiful part of Washington State. The room was clean, lots of accessible outlets, with refrigerator and microwave. All for $45, including tax. The lowest cost lodging in the area. The Frugal Traveler recommends this place.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Steven K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Olympic Lodge
#1 of 15 in Port Angeles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,445 reviews
Days Inn and Suites Sequim

Been to Sundowner Motel? Share your experiences!