“Excellent food and service - at a price.”
Review of Oak Table Cafe

Oak Table Cafe
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SEQUIM
“Excellent food and service - at a price.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have eaten here only a couple of times, but food and service has always been excellent. They have a wide menu variety and are open for breakfast and lunch only. Prices are a bit high compared to a comparable type restaurants, but the quantity of food and variety is very notable. Great place for a special breakfast or lunch.

Seattle
“Overrated, Overpriced”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've eaten at the Oak Table several times, mostly for breakfast, but it was lunch there that inspired me to write a review. I ordered a shrimp and avocado sandwich, with cream cheese and tomato on whole wheat bread; waffle fries came with it. The sandwich was really kind of disappointing. The bread was standard grocery store wheat bread,. The small shrimp and avocado simply slid out of the sandwich if it was held in a position other than perfectly horizontal, and got squeezed out when you bit into it. Half the filling ended up on the plate. The waffle fries were okay, or would have been if they were at least close to hot when they arrived. For this I paid $13.25 which, with tax and tip cameos to almost $17.00. Really, really poor value.

My companion said that her BLT was disappointing. The bacon was good quality but overcooked ("turned to leather", she said). She paid a similar price for her BLT plus small green salad.

This is an attractive place with generally pleasant and helpful staff, but to feel better than average they need to improve the food and lower the prices.

2 Thank BallardBeaver
Tacoma, Washington
“Easy Gulten Free Ordering in Sequim”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

While visiting Sequim we had the pleasure of breakfast at this fabulous restaurant. The menu is large and the food tasted great. It was easy to substitute fruit for the pancakes that came with my Eggs Nicole as well as switch out the croissant for a gluten free toast. My husband's mushroom omelet had a light souffle quality. His meal came with an unusual, but tasty potato pancake topped with applesauce. They are known for their apple pancake, and while dining we observed several delicious looking orders of those come out to various tables. The morning we were there the restaurant was exceedingly busy. A large group of 30 ordered before us and the kitchen seemed able to keep up. When the large group finished dining, their young children roamed between the relatives and I never saw even a twinge of angst as the servers dodged the kiddos. Pretty a mazing, I think. Portions are large and many could easily be a shared experience.This restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only and we will definitely return when we are in the area. The main dining room has interesting windows and decor throughout---sort of like going into someone's vintage home.

Tacoma, Washington
“Best Breakfast EVER”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I visited this place on the way out of Sequim. Even though we had to wait a little bit, every second spent waiting was so worth it. From the moment we walked into the cafe, the staff was very polite and accommodating. The dining area is spacious and comfortable, and we were immediately delivered waters and menus as we were seated. (Bonus points for the water!) After reading over the cornucopia of delightful food offered on the menu, we finally decided on the "Meat and Eggs" meal. I added the Georgia pecans to my pancakes, and my husband added bacon to his. They were both incredible! The thick sliced bacon was superb, and the eggs were so fresh and light. What makes this place so unforgettable is not only the flavor of the food, but the fact that everything is organic and freshly made every day. The food was a million times better than IHOP or any other breakfast chain I've ever tried (which is a large number- from many states). The price of our meal honestly was not bad at all and actually less than or equal to what we would be elsewhere for an average processed breakfast. Would we go here again to pleasure our taste buds? That shouldn't even be a question!

1 Thank Heather E
Tacoma, Wa.
“Still serving the Best breakfasts”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Still the best breakfast in the NW. After 33 years the quality of food and service is still excellent.
I love the strawberry cheese blintzes. Always fresh strawberries and the bacon is the meatiest, thickest anywhere. Not a cheap breakfast but just plain superb.

• Visited May 2014