“Special Occasions”

Price range: US$13 - US$43
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in at the beautiful John Wayne Marina. Local fresh seafood,special diets accommodated.Our Pelican Room is now open for expanded dining in a lounge like atmosphere. Appetizers between 3 to 4pm. Dinner served all day, if desired.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Dockside Grill is probably the most exclusive restaurant in Sequim. We always save it for special occasions because it is a little pricey. Reservations recommended. I have also had lunch there, a little more than I like to pay for lunch. The view of the Marina is to die for. The food presentation is beautiful and we've never had a bad meal there. My favorite is the coconut prawns. My husband's would be "anything fish"!! We did have a little bad experience one time - I had purchased two $40 Gift Certifciates for a total of $80; we decided to go for my husband's birthday. He had the fresh halibut & I had the coconut prawns. He had a glass of wine & coffee - I had water. It came to over $80. When I opened the envelope they had expired!! The Little's had donated them to the Boys & Girls Club Auction. I hadn't even opened the envelope. Our waitress talked to the owner and he wouldn't honor both of them. He did honor one of the certificates. I felt he should have honored both of them. He donated them and I purchased them in good faith. I never quite got over that! We have been there since and the food is excellent. Be sure and go before the sun goes down and be sure and have reservations or you'll be disappointed without a window seat.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have just moved to Sequim (been here 4 days) and my friend has come to visit. I wanted us to go somewhere special for a seafood dinner, "Googled" for eateries on the Sequim Tourist site and found Dockside Grill. Am I ever glad we went there!
Our server was over the top fun, the wine selection was very nice and the food....well, what can I say except I will definitely go as often as I can afford. I had the seafood salad with buttermilk vinaigrette that was absolutely delicious. Lots of crab, a couple each of perfectly grilled large shrimp and scallops. My friend had the shrimp and grits and gave me a taste. Growing up in the south, I love grits but had never heard of shrimp and grits. I'm definitely going to have that dish the next time I go there!
Yes, the overall cost was a bit pricey but "you get what you pay for"! I will definitely put trips to Dockside Grill in my budget plan!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Food is excellent. Portions are large. The entrees include soup or salad. Have not had a bad meal there. It is very busy so make reservations early. This restaurant is at John Wayne Marina.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

THe Dockside is one of our very favorite places in Sequim. This family-owned business is consistently excellent both with the quality and variety of food as well as the excellent service they provide. Always a pleasure for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food is good, but the service is not. They bring your main entrée while you are still eating your salad. A restaurant with good service does not do that. This year I have been twice (invited by other people) and both time we had issues with the service.
For a restaurant with those prices they should have better service.