“Modest, but clean.”

Shelton Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
“Modest, but clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We just had a horrifying experience with a horrible Quality Inn hotel for drunken, unemployed men Quality Inn in Bremerton, WA. It was 9pm and we had no idea where to put our heads down. Traveling from New Jersey sure made us tired and desperate. We were driving and praying for a place and there it was, Shelton Inn. A nice retro motel with the nicest staff ever. A friendly woman. The room was squeaky clean, it was not modern, but it is cozy and makes you feel safe. Even though the motel was full, it is quiet. We are very grateful and we recommend this place to anyone on the road.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank forgetmenot775

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were happily surprised with the quality for price we experienced at the Shelton Inn. Our bottom floor unit was extremely clean and completely stocked. The front desk staff were attentive and had a happy smile on their faces during our entire stay. Water pressure and HOT water were appreciated. Hair dryers are available by asking the fron desk. Everything worked in our unit. The micro fridge got very cold and the microwave worked flawlessly. The Wi-FI hooked up immediately and had a very strong signal. We can recommend this motel without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rainbows4Sale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed one night at the Shelton Inn in June 2013 with two co-workers for a business trip. The Shelton Inn is definitely dated in terms of room amenities -- CRT-TV, well-used room furniture -- but it was clean, which is the most important factor to me. They also provided us with wonderfully personalized service at check-in and post-stay, which is a rare and lovely find.

The woman at the front desk greeted us by name when we arrived, based solely on our advance reservations. She was extremely helpful and pointed us in the right direction for a wonderful meal, even advising us to ask whether the halibut was available (it was!) even if it didn't appear on the menu. I also left a portable mi-fi device behind, and they were gracious enough to mail it to me shortly afterward.

I stayed in a Queen room on the second floor; one co-worker was next door to me in a King room, and the other was next door to him in another King. I mention this because there was a large window in my room (and, I assume, all the rooms on the second floor) that overlooked 2nd floor walkway. The area seems safe and I opened my window for a breeze, but it was not the most secure situation for a woman traveling alone, for instance (hate to mention it, but one does have to keep personal security in mind when traveling solo for work). If security is a consideration, I'd suggest touching base with the front desk before arrival to see what your options are.

My co-workers reported being woken in the middle of the night by train whistles. I did not experience this, but did hear what sounded like a fleet of trains moving by early morning, perhaps 6 am or so. If you are a light sleeper, consider asking about whether there are any quieter rooms. I don't know that any room could silence the sound of the trains, though.

Finally, the free wireless service seemed adequate for checking my email, which isn't always the case at hotels. However, I don't know if it would support streaming video, and we did stay during a weeknight when not many people were staying at the hotel.

If a clean room and friendly service will suit your needs, I would recommend the Shelton Inn.

Room Tip: The hotel has two floors, and I don't know that there is any elevator service. If you have lots...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Laserena06
Washougal, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 days with a friend for a racing event in the area.
Beds were clean, pretty quiet for being right next to the main road in town.

Shower head could use a little work. I think it was raining harder outside. No big deal, just get your moneys worth out of running around in the tub and using up their hot water.
Was a bit of a problem with running my credit card twice, but my wife was able to get it squared away easy.

Room Tip: We were in room 51. Quiet except for the logging trucks that would rumble by once in a while. Never...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tylerr101
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had to go to Shelton on business for a week. I had originally planned to bring my dog, and this hotel is pet-friendly. It turns out I didn't take my dog, but I stayed there anyway and was pleasantly surprised. The new owners have worked hard to renovate the rooms, which were neat and clean despite their age. I liked the fact that there were both a refrigerator and a microwave--very much needed due to my food allergies. Owners were extremely accommodating of any requests. I was there this past December and it was very cold out, and the room felt cold at times, especially the bathroom area where there was no heat, but I was able to adjust. I will no doubt be staying there again.

Room Tip: For warmth, I'd try the upstairs. However, because I was there on business, I found my room on t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Sandy M
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I came here with my husband and my two kids and stayed in a room with three beds. Everything was very clean and the room was very spacious for a group of four. I had their complimentary breakfast and it was a great start to my morning. My kids enjoyed the cereal selection while my husband and I had coffee, bagel and toast. Also, the lady at the front desk was very nice and accomodating. We asked for extra towels and she gave it to us within minutes.

All in all, our trip to Shelton was pleasant. Its not easy to have a pleasant and relaxing trip with two kids. Thank you Shelton Inn. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank stellers
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2010

I actually stayed at this inn back in September of 2008 while on a business trip. It was one of only a few places to stay in the area. I recall the rooms not being too clean but I just needed to stay one night and the location was the best for me. This past week I had to return to the area for another business trip and of course I needed a place to stay. I reluctantly chose this place again for the location but was extremely surprised to find out that the whole place had been renovated! I just had a whole different experience than my previous visit and it was wonderful. The rooms were completely redone and were very clean. No more smoky smell in my room as before. Very clean with polite new owners who made me want to come back. Free continental breakfast as well which was great. A totally different place from before! Check this place out if you are in the Shelton area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
11 Thank kyl777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Olympia

Been to Shelton Inn? Share your experiences!