“Nice two night stay, clean, friendly”
Review of Shelton Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shelton Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Folsom, California (USA)
“Nice two night stay, clean, friendly”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This is a nice older property pretty average for its class but clean and well maintained. Staff were helpful when we decided to stay a 2nd night due to rain. They brought a coffee maker when our 2nd room didn't have one. It's well located on the Main Street. Short on lighting and electrical outlets. The web site says morning breakfast ( just muffins and fruit) on weekends only.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chapala
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The inn reminds me of a typical 1950s motel. Please don't let that deter you. The room was very clean, comfortable and in a great location for a supermarket and other major retailers. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome...even though I was quite early. If you're looking for fluffy extras, go elsewhere, but if you're looking for decent accommodations that won't break the bank, then check out the Shelton Inn I've paid a lot more for some name chains and got a lot less. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Cheri H
TX
Reviewed 1 August 2014

There are few lodging choices in this area, so we choose the Shelton Inn. It was really bad. Worn down, tired, depressing, noisy. No free breakfast (except on weekends.) The breakfast area is a little "repurposed" area of the lobby. No hair dryers in the room. No pictures on the wall. Right behind the hotel, there is construction going on. Shelton is building their new transit center there. I can't even imagine the place getting any louder. It's on the main thoroughfare through town, and being an older property, there is no insulation, no double-paned windows, daylight shining under the door -- you get the picture. There is a Laundromat a few blocks away, which was clean, well-run, but no such amenity at the property. Never again!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this motel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The inn is a little old, but it adds to the feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There was a very nice and filling continental breakfast. There is ample parking and nice lobby.
We didnt use the pool, but it was in a heated room across the parking lot. It had good hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the ends of the building, as there are only 2 entries. The back door is locked...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SanityzOvrtd
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Met our needs and plenty of room and amenities. Tried to get room ready early.
Good advice about area eats. Clean and neat and park right out front of our room. Refrigerator and microwave. And coffee.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank andorian1701
Seattle
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I'm glad that some of the reviewers found this motel to be clean, this was not the case for me.
Our room with a king bed left a LOT to be desired. Air was not fresh. Rug was "crusty" I found a long-black hair in the bathtub. Tried to take a bath but the drain plug wouldn't work so I took a shower instead and all of the water from the shower head was clogged in the tub even with the plug not in. Had to bail the water out into the toilet with the wastecan. Broken, loose tiles in the bathroom. Thin, threadbare towels.
I would never stay there again nor recommend this to any of my friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LindaSeattle
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed at the inn for three nights. I had arrived at the Inn to find out that I had made the reservation for my three days on the following month. Not how I wanted to start the night. Forgive me,( I can't remember her name at the front desk). but she went way out of her way to help me out and did so in just a few moments with a smile. The words Ken your room is ready and here is your key. Never had made me feel better. The room was very clean and welcoming which was perfect for my needs. My stay was a work related three day class, a very intense course for the state. The only thing I can say in a negative caption, Is that I had a really hard time sleeping. This would not be the Inn's fault. Police car's and medical units arriving at the Inn the first night, Yeah someone getting help always a good thing. Understandable first night. Next police cars racing up and down the road in front of the Inn. This only bothered me because I live in the San Juan Island and only here a siren once or twice a week. Other than that my stay was great. By the way just a heads up! .I'm a manager of a resort here in the San Juan's. So I Really was looking around for things wrong at the Inn. It's my job to do so at work and I have a hard time leaving work at work. Nice work folk .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ken c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Robin Hood Village Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Stay Beyond Inn & Suites
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater

Been to Shelton Inn? Share your experiences!