“Outstanding B & B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Hammersley B & B in Shelton this week and absolutely loved it. I first read the ratings here on TA and wanted a place to celebrate our anniversary while on our way to the beach. This place far exceeded our expectations. The location is a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the drive and price. The location on an arm of Puget Sound is gorgeous, the grounds lovely, and the home redefines B & B. Owners Phil and Kelly have outdone themselves creating a luxurious retreat with decor right out of a magazine. From the moment we arrived, when Phil greeted us at the door and helped carry in our luggage, until we left, we were welcomed like friends. The 4 rooms are all large with full baths, and all have balconies with a view of the waterfront. There were fresh flowers in our room, and some special treats in honor of our anniversary. There's a basement with pool table and fooseball, and a movie room with lots of DVDs. The whole feel of the place is like a modern, open lodge, with a huge stone fireplace and one of the largest kitchens I've seen (it has two islands). The breakfast was wonderful with yummy muffins, fresh fruit yogurt parfait, and individually baked breakfast casseroles. We ate while looking out on the sound, watching seals swim by.
We've stayed at other B & B's, which are generally in older homes with small bedrooms and maybe a shared bath. This place redefines the concept. We'll definitely be recommending Hammersley to our friends and family, and hope to return. I just wish we could have stayed another evening.

2  Thank colt123
There are newer reviews for A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Thank you Phil and Kelly. We felt absolutely pampered. We were amazed at the personal touches. Phil had Champagne ready for us when we arrived. The breakfast was always first rate. We enjoyed the "sweat treats" and coffee before breakfast. Breakfast starts off with a parfait, expertly crafted. In the evenings, my wife and I enjoyed watching movies each night downstairs on their large TV. Phil and Kelly even made reservations for us at the Spencer Lake Bar and Grill--try the Spencer Chips. We will absolutely be staying there again, and will urge others to go. We rested, reconnected, and enjoyed ourselves. Thank You Phil and Kelly Bergh. God Bless you.

Room Tip: Every Room is well appointed.
3  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 17 June 2012

WOW! The home and grounds were amazing. The owners did things above what was required for our stay. We will be staying here again. we live in Federal Way, WA and this will be one of our great getaways.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leia C
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary over the Memorial Day weekend. I wanted this celebration to be special. I am not sure why. It is our 22nd anniversary, not the twentieth or twenty-fifth. I guess it's because every anniversary should be special. In any case, I booked a room at the Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast on Hammersley. My wife had been there for a work-related event several months earlier and thought it might be nice to try it out. I did a little research online and found that it came highly recommended on Tripadvisor. Of course, I am well aware that not everything on the internet is true but 83 excellent ratings out of 83 reviews is rather astounding.

Based on these reviews I had very high expectations. Well, it is as good as advertised. The facility is a beautiful, new 11,000 square foot building with four bed rooms, several dining rooms, a stone fireplace, large fish tank, entertainment room, pool room, and an exercise room. It is located right on Hammersley Inlet. All rooms have a good view of the water. The grounds are well taken care of and the gardens are beautiful.

What really makes a B&B in my mind, however, are the hosts. That is very much the case here. Phil and Kelly are the consummate innkeepers. From welcoming us as we arrived to making sure that all our needs were attended to, they did everything to ensure that we had a pleasant stay including a complimentary bottle of anniversary champagne. They not only run the B&B but they are an integral part of the experience.

It is an ideal place to use as a base for exploring the region. It is also a great place to relax and do nothing but read a good book and enjoy the beautiful view. We plan to return some time when our whole family can join us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John_in_GH
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Paradise in our backyard. This is definitely the BEST B&B we have ever visited. Phil and kelly made us feel at home and like we had known them all our life. The place is beautiful inside and out. Our room was comfortable and had great views of the bay. The breakfast was the best I have ever had, no really it was! The blueberry pancakes, eggs....EVERYTHING was "AWESOME"!! We will be going back several times a year to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great with balconies and great views.
2  Thank lee v
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We had a great stay at LOH. Best B and B I've ever stayed at. Kelly and Phil could not have been more welcoming. Just walking around the beautiful house made the experience. Throw in the comfortable beds, great lake views, and delicious breakfast and you have the ideal place for a get a way.

Well done!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain's Room, which was my favorite of all the room designs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie P
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Phil and Kelly have put their heart and soul into their B&B, and it shows. This is simply the nicest B&B that I have ever stayed in. I had the lighthouse room, which has a commanding view of the water. It was great to wake up early and see harbor seals and birds on the move. The room was much larger than expected, and had lots of nice amenities, such as a fireplace. The breakfast was fantastic - fruit parfait and a breakfast casserole at 9:00. Coffee and muffins also served at 7:00. What a nice, relaxing place to stay. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Families or groups should consider this B&B as well as there are large areas to hang out inside...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!