“WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just got home from our 3rd visit to this delightful B&B. We had a special family gathering this weekend. My husband and I stayed in the "Hawaiian" room. Since we've been to Hawaii it was great fun to see all the Hawaiin decor, especially the turtle pillows and quilt. I also enjoyed the Hawaii pictures of Kaui. The first two times we stayed in the "Lighthouse" room. All the rooms are the same size with the same fantastic view. The rooms are very generous in size along with the bathrooms. I love the two sinks in the bathroom and the shelves in the bathroom to lay out some of my things. We enjoyed sitting out on the deck Saturday evening with a slight breeze blowing. The sun shining on the water looked like diamonds. So relaxing!!! Their garden had the most beautiful lavendar in it. Usually we come in the cooler months so this is the first time we've seen it.

We had a absolutely DELICIOUS buffett for our family dinner. There was such a huge variety of food and all of it was so good. Kelly's breakfast cinnamon rolls were voted the best we've ever eaten. In fact, trying to keep my weight down, I had planned on passing on the cinnamon rolls but my sister and brother-in-law raved about them so much I just had to try them. They were right, the best!!!! That's the only problem I see with this B&B is my learning to have more self control with my eating when I am there LOL!!!!!! But, it's all so good and I'm such a foodie!!!!

Phil, that is the most beautiful wood floor. This is the first visit that I actually took a good look at it. It's such a beautiful grain of wood. I think you should write a book of all your life experiences. They are so fun and interesting to hear you talk about. I'd be the first to buy a copy.

Kelly, looking forward to your 1st cookbook. Your cooking is defintely a cut above the normal B&B. Sooooo mouth-watering yummy!!!!

Phi & Kelly, You guys are fantastic. Thanks for making our family time sooooo SPECIAL with a ton of sweet, sweet memories. There's a reason you have all 5*'s on Trip Advisor. Take care and thanks again for all of your hard work and effort to go over, above and beyond in making this weekend one that will live in our memories forever!!!! We appreciate you both so much.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, those pictures of your new grandchild were so cute. I'm glad you had them out on the counter so we could see them.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view and are the same size.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilyofthefield

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is the most amazing place we have been in our 15 years of marriage! We made a one night stop here for our 15 yr Anniversary trip and wished we could have stayed longer! Phil and Kelly were so friendly and made us feel like family! Breakfast was amazing and much better than any restaurant! The house was something you would see in Coastal Living with beautiful decor! Absolutely gorgeous and worth the drive! The view from everyone room is amazing and so tranquil. You have to try it, because you will want to go back!!! Thank you Phil & Kelly!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing - you can't go wrong with any choice!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gwen O
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The place was very nice and we had the beutiful "Zen" room and the beds were very comfortable. The best part was the breakfast, the owners are great cooks. Really clean and peaceful place to stay in this neck of the woods! Would highly recommend it! PS, the homemade scones were amazing!!!! Best I ever had!

Room Tip: The Zen room was very nice, had a great view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Not your usual review. When my second parent passed last winter within a year of the first, with the funerals behind I promised my relatives in the Seattle area a positive experience to gather and remember them when the weather turned warmer.

And so this past holiday weekend we filled Phil and Kelly's beautiful new, purpose-built waterfront inn. I had pledged to my extended family that the visit would provide a comfortable escape, a peaceful opportunity to reflect in beautiful surroundings, and the ambiance for quality reflection, celebration, and time to enjoy the family memories we had shared through the years. In other words, we came with expectations echelons above the typical individual or couple arriving for a carefree weekend getaway. Getaway visitors and couples: they've got you covered, don't worry.

But if you need that just-right balance between attentive hospitality and respectful distance, sense of place and places to find quet soitude, needs foreseen and also adaptability to unforeseen or sudden needs, Phil and Kelly will take mighty good care of you. Add that they are masterful chefs and breakfast may well be the highlight of your stay. Of course the rooms are spacious, well-appointed (that's an understatement), and thoughtfully designed. That's the key -- they spent years planning this from specifying the needs for sound insulation between walls, to collecting the decorative items, to placing distance between units and between themselves and the bedrooms, and to providing the many tucked-away private nooks and crannies where you can read, play a board game, watch a movie, or simply take in the shore view.

I wasn't surprised to learn that wedding parties and small business groups also come to the Inn seeking a level of hospitality above the average B&B. You'll love the inn, the view will last with you days afterwards, and the experience will warm your heart like your favoriate sweater. And you'll come away wishing Phil and Kelly were your nextdoor neighbors.

I'm not one for gratuitous flattery. In sum, I give the Lighthouse on Hammersley my most enthusiastic endorsement, without reservation or caveat at all. My stay fully satisfied and surpassed by best expectations.

Room Tip: We were in the lightouse room on the upper floor and it was divine -- but having booked and toured a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Hammersley B & B in Shelton this week and absolutely loved it. I first read the ratings here on TA and wanted a place to celebrate our anniversary while on our way to the beach. This place far exceeded our expectations. The location is a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the drive and price. The location on an arm of Puget Sound is gorgeous, the grounds lovely, and the home redefines B & B. Owners Phil and Kelly have outdone themselves creating a luxurious retreat with decor right out of a magazine. From the moment we arrived, when Phil greeted us at the door and helped carry in our luggage, until we left, we were welcomed like friends. The 4 rooms are all large with full baths, and all have balconies with a view of the waterfront. There were fresh flowers in our room, and some special treats in honor of our anniversary. There's a basement with pool table and fooseball, and a movie room with lots of DVDs. The whole feel of the place is like a modern, open lodge, with a huge stone fireplace and one of the largest kitchens I've seen (it has two islands). The breakfast was wonderful with yummy muffins, fresh fruit yogurt parfait, and individually baked breakfast casseroles. We ate while looking out on the sound, watching seals swim by.
We've stayed at other B & B's, which are generally in older homes with small bedrooms and maybe a shared bath. This place redefines the concept. We'll definitely be recommending Hammersley to our friends and family, and hope to return. I just wish we could have stayed another evening.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank colt123
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Thank you Phil and Kelly. We felt absolutely pampered. We were amazed at the personal touches. Phil had Champagne ready for us when we arrived. The breakfast was always first rate. We enjoyed the "sweat treats" and coffee before breakfast. Breakfast starts off with a parfait, expertly crafted. In the evenings, my wife and I enjoyed watching movies each night downstairs on their large TV. Phil and Kelly even made reservations for us at the Spencer Lake Bar and Grill--try the Spencer Chips. We will absolutely be staying there again, and will urge others to go. We rested, reconnected, and enjoyed ourselves. Thank You Phil and Kelly Bergh. God Bless you.

Room Tip: Every Room is well appointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 17 June 2012

WOW! The home and grounds were amazing. The owners did things above what was required for our stay. We will be staying here again. we live in Federal Way, WA and this will be one of our great getaways.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leia C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!