“Peaceful and serene getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Edmonds, Washington, United States
“Peaceful and serene getaway”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I just spent the weekend at the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever been to. We are celebrating our retirement and wanted to find the perfect place to relax and spend time together. We stayed in the Hawaiian room which made us feel as though we had traveled much further than just across Puget Sound. It was beautiful and SO comfortable. Not to mention the wonderful breakfasts and snacks provided by our hosts Phil and Kelly Bergh. It was fun to hear the story of how the Bed and Breakfast came to be, and we were awestruck by all of the little touches that makes this place so beautiful and unique. The view was spectacular and we enjoyed watching a seal feeding on the fish right off the beach while we were having breakfast our first morning there. We can't wait to go back, and bring our family and friends with us!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great and we hope to stay in all of them during our next stays... We loved the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Graham, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This was the best Bed and Breakfast experience I have ever been to. The attention to detail was amazing. The view was gorgeous. Phil and Kelly were wonderful. We stayed in the Captains room. It was spacious and comfortable. We felt like we were at home. I was so relaxed I didn't want to leave. We are already planning out next trip. I highly recommend going!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Phil & Kelly are the nicest people, have the best service and EXCELLENT food. Their beautiful B&B was the perfect place for a small wedding. We had the option of inside or outside - but the weather always dictates that :)

The stairs was the perfect place for the ceremony (Pict attached)
The bride was able to get ready in the lighthouse keepers room and walk down to her groom.
The food for the reception was SO GOOD I over-indulged. :) But enjoyed every minute of it!

The rooms are comfy and nice, the atmosphere is hiqh-class yet cozy. The fireplace, Fishtank and decor is AMAZING... Every attention to detail was done better than anyone could imagine.

THIS is a must-stay place. In Shelton? What a diamond in the middle of our small town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We've had many lovely experiences staying in bed and breakfasts, but this one beats them all. Phil and Kelly were warm and welcoming from the minute of arrival and throughout our stay. They anticipated our every need, so all we had to think about was relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting and delicious food. There aren't enough stars to describe the Lighthouse. We can hardly wait until we can return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have just returned from a fantastic overnight stay at the Lighthouse B&B. Phil and Kelly are fabulous hosts! Phil won't let you lift a finger, and Kelly is a divine chef. Their graciousness and hospitality make you feel comfortable and at ease, and the ambiance of the facility itself is definitely top of the line. The setting is quite tranquil and the view is gorgeous, as well. All of these factors together make a stay at the Lighthouse B&B truly a rewarding, relaxing and reinvigorating experience.

This was my second trip to the Lighthouse and I assure you, it won't be my last! I have done quite a bit of traveling over the years, and have stayed in many 4-5 star hotels, and in high end B&B's and pensions. The 5 stars I have given the Lighthouse are most definitely earned!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, Washington, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My Step-Daughter recently was married at "A Lighthouse on Hammersly B&B. Phil & Kelly Bergh were outstanding hosts. Phil actually performed the very memorable wedding ceremony. Our group filled the guestrooms for the overnight experience, and it was grand. The food was top quality as was the service. I would recommend this B&B to anyone. Thanks Phil & Kelly.
Steve Mitchell

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Danville Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I am a travel often and for business trips and generally stay at the closet most convenient hotel to whatever event I am attending. Since it was my first trip to Washington and I was traveling alone I decided to have a little more privacy and quiet plus a safer environment than the traditional here is your key and see you if have an issue. Boy am I glad I made the choice to stay at the Hammersley! Phil and Kelly are AWESOME! They attended to my every need and even map quested my day trips! But most of all their B & B is amazingly beautiful. When you walk in you feel as if you are home. The living area is like a large lodge, huge, full custom sofas with a 2 story wood burning fireplace and a kitchen that would make Emeril feel at home. Plus the downstairs area with exercise room and massage table if needed. My room was so comfortable I spent most of my time there just admiring the views of the waterfront. Kelly is so attentive that she even has snacks and goodies in your room just in case you need a pick me up.

Clean is an understatement the place is shining, even my OCD brother would love it! Breakfast is an experience all its own. Trust me this is the place to just retreat and relax, the beauty of it just pours into your soul. Once you go you will keep going back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but couples would especially love the thrid floor with private fireplaces in...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!