“Also great for groups.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

After our 3rd visit the wife and I decided let some of our friends in on (What we consider) our perfect getaway spot. This time we showed up with 3 other couples. Having been there before we knew to expect beautiful/clean accomidations, great food, attention payed to the small things and being hosted by two of the friendliest and down to earth people we know. At the conclusion of our 2 day stay we were not surprised by the rave reviews that each of the couples offered about their stay. Thanks Phil and Kelly for delivering such a exellent product.

Ozie and Laura Greene

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ogreene

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We came to visit relatives in Shelton for the weekend and chose this bed and breakfast from the recommendations on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. The four-star rating was justly deserved. The B&B is clean (immaculate is a better term), the breakfasts are excellent, and the grounds are nicely groomed. Every detail is covered, everything works, and if something isn't quite right, it's fixed immediately. The owners Phil and Kelly were welcoming and friendly. We will definitely come back and stay here again!

Some notes:
- Shoes are not allowed inside, so bring a pair of indoor-only slippers if you don't like walking on hardwood floors in your socks
- Be ready for a big breakfast. You probably won't need lunch
- The B&B is isolated, so it's a good idea to have a GPS to find your way to and from Shelton after dark

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I have stayed at A Lighthouse on Hammersley over a dozen times and each stay has been amazing. We find it to be one of the most relaxing places we have ever visited. Each visit is like returning home instead of taking a trip.

Our most recent visit was to celebrate my wife's birthday as well as to provide me with some long-needed rest. Wow, did Phil and Kelly ever deliver! Not only did they help me celebrate my wife's birthday in style, they also provided me with a place to unwind that has been unequaled in recent memory.

If you need a place to rest and relax, a place to celebrate a special event, or a place to just feel a home while not being at home, then you need to stay a few nights at A Lighthouse on Hammersley. It defines what a Bed and Breakfast should be and will not leave you disappointed. I can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The rooms are all wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sterve
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I have been to many B&B's in the past 15 years, and I must say this one sets the bar for excellence! I'm always apprehensive because of past experiences of staying in hotels and do try to avoid them. The B&B's are the locals way of showing you a different side of the neighborhood. From the time we were greeted by Phil and Kelly Bergh I started feeling at ease. The house is set up perfectly for guests and is world class! The entire contents were clean!!. "Shoes off at the door, Please! The breakfast!! OMG! Every time I took a bite you could hear my wife and I going Ummm! These people are 1st class in every sense of the word and I would definitely stay there again! Sincerely, Patrick & Susie Welch

Room Tip: We loved the Lighthouse room, but next time, we will stay in the Captains Room.. The view for either...
2  Thank PatrickW3
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We truly loved our 4 night stay with Phil and Kelly. The home was beautiful and the room was amazing. Loved the pool table! The breakfasts that were prepared were truly incredible. We spent a great deal of time by the beach just reading or enjoying the view. We also had a great many pleasant conversations with the hosts who completely made us feel at home. As for the evenings, it was just a short drive to the Little Creek Casino where we enjoyed dinner and a little betting too! We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wishing to enjoy a few days of R&R in a spa like setting.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had a delightful stay with Phil & Kelly.

Their house is truly amazing, and they made me feel completely at home.

Chatting with the other guests over breakfast was so much more enjoyable than the impersonalization of the typical hotel breakfast.

However, I do ask that you do not book the last room when I want to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2872TimW
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Had not stayed at a B&B in a very long time. Phil and Kelly found that perfect balance of giving us our space and being wonderfully entertaining hosts. We selected the ZEN room and had a great sleep. Beautiful views from our room and from the breakfast nook. Food was phenomenal. Nice touches all over the place. Conversation over breakfast was the highlight of the trip. Thank you Phil and Kelly for a remarkable stay.