“ANOTHER INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Seattle
“ANOTHER INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Wow! What can I say that I have not already said? If you've not had the pleasure of staying at this awesome, exceptional, fantastic, phenomenal, luxurious, stunningly beautiful B&B you are missing out on an unforgettable experience. This B&B looks like it comes from the pages of the "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine. No kidding! The house, the view and the rooms are stunningly beautiful. The hosts, Phil and Kelly, are amazing. I will put my vote in for Phil & Kelly to win the best host and hostess award of any B&B that we have ever stayed at. They go out of their way to make your stay so memorable, special and something you will treasure long after you have left. My husband and I have been to many B&B's but this one sets the bar for excellence!!! Trust me when I say that once you stay here you will want to keep returning over and over again! You will come away from this experience rejuvenated, rested and ready to tackle whatever comes your way. Why stay at a 5* hotel when you can stay at a 10* B&B? The research that Phil and Kelly put in to designing this B&B is incredible. Take time to look at the beautiful woodwork, the gorgeous fireplace, the different décor in the different rooms, the drop dead gorgeous kitchen and all the other awesome details that went in to the planning of this place. They have designed this B&B to be a destination resort that is tucked away in a beautiful inlet with a magnificent, picturesque view. Such a pristine, lovely, warm and comfortable location with the best host and hostess who really seem to enjoy what they are doing.

We were fortunate to be able to stay 8 nights this time. We stayed in the Lighthouse room. We daily enjoyed all the activity of the many different kinds of wild life outside of our window. We saw seals, a beautiful eagle, seagulls, a kingfisher, mallards, widgeons, cormorants, chickadees, buffleheads, goldeneyes, humming birds and common merganser's. I'm sure I might have left something out. Our last night there was one of the most gorgeous sunsets with such vibrant, brilliant colors. Just beautiful. I just need a little more practice to win my husband at pool. But, our games were really close. We also enjoyed watching a Seahawk game on the big screen tv in the downstairs area. My husband and I were able to get some reading done and I know he was enjoying his time away from his stressful job.

Awwww, now on to my comments about the food. Oh, the food is to die for. Every meal is a mouth watering experience, a delight for foodies like me and my husband. Kelly gets an A+++ rating on everything she cooks from the outstanding scones (peppermint, white chocolate, chocolate covered), sweet breads, butternut squash, sugar snap peas, cheese breads, salmon, yummy egg dishes, French toast, salads, nuts, candies, chocolate flourless cake, brussel sprouts and much, much more!!! Yes, even her brussel sprouts with sweet cranberries are outstanding and I never liked them before having some that Kelly had prepared. Phil is a delight to talk with and they are both so much fun to be around. They are wonderful and a pleasure to know and spend time with.

A "WONDERFUL" home away from home to enjoy. Like I've said before, book it, you'll love it. But, don't wait till the last minute to make reservations. The word is out and especially on special event days they book up fast. :)

Thanks again Phil and Kelly for making our stay so memorable and special!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

1. Phil and Kelly: kind, thoughtful, wonderful people who I would love to be part of my family.
2. The room: Spacious; beautiful; provided with everything you want or need and a treat upon arrival.
3. Living Room and Dining Room: Amazing and Beautifully decorated with Christmas theme; board games available.
4. Game room: fun place to spend time playing pool or foosball. They also have a theater room for watching any of the many movies they provide.
5. Breakfast: Amazing
6. Location: Gorgeous view and peaceful, quiet surroundings; a great place to relax.

If you want to relax and be pampered, this is the place to go. We will return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

This place was a beautiful environment to rest and refresh after a harrowing day in the Olympics National Park. Through no fault of the innkeepers, Phil and Kelly, we thought we would never make it, as the weather in the park was life threatening - heavy rain, high winds, trees falling. But we were so glad we did. It is obvious they put their hearts and souls into this gorgeous place. Every room is quaint and restful. The breakfast was delicious, as was the view.

By the way, Phil and Kelly were very forgiving of our late arrival due to the weather, and were even willing to allow a last minute cancellation for our own safety, if we chose to forego the stay. Fortunately, that wasn't necessary, but we appreciated their kindness.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

After our 3rd visit the wife and I decided let some of our friends in on (What we consider) our perfect getaway spot. This time we showed up with 3 other couples. Having been there before we knew to expect beautiful/clean accomidations, great food, attention payed to the small things and being hosted by two of the friendliest and down to earth people we know. At the conclusion of our 2 day stay we were not surprised by the rave reviews that each of the couples offered about their stay. Thanks Phil and Kelly for delivering such a exellent product.

Ozie and Laura Greene

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ogreene
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We came to visit relatives in Shelton for the weekend and chose this bed and breakfast from the recommendations on Trip Advisor. We weren't disappointed. The four-star rating was justly deserved. The B&B is clean (immaculate is a better term), the breakfasts are excellent, and the grounds are nicely groomed. Every detail is covered, everything works, and if something isn't quite right, it's fixed immediately. The owners Phil and Kelly were welcoming and friendly. We will definitely come back and stay here again!

Some notes:
- Shoes are not allowed inside, so bring a pair of indoor-only slippers if you don't like walking on hardwood floors in your socks
- Be ready for a big breakfast. You probably won't need lunch
- The B&B is isolated, so it's a good idea to have a GPS to find your way to and from Shelton after dark

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I have stayed at A Lighthouse on Hammersley over a dozen times and each stay has been amazing. We find it to be one of the most relaxing places we have ever visited. Each visit is like returning home instead of taking a trip.

Our most recent visit was to celebrate my wife's birthday as well as to provide me with some long-needed rest. Wow, did Phil and Kelly ever deliver! Not only did they help me celebrate my wife's birthday in style, they also provided me with a place to unwind that has been unequaled in recent memory.

If you need a place to rest and relax, a place to celebrate a special event, or a place to just feel a home while not being at home, then you need to stay a few nights at A Lighthouse on Hammersley. It defines what a Bed and Breakfast should be and will not leave you disappointed. I can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: The rooms are all wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sterve
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I have been to many B&B's in the past 15 years, and I must say this one sets the bar for excellence! I'm always apprehensive because of past experiences of staying in hotels and do try to avoid them. The B&B's are the locals way of showing you a different side of the neighborhood. From the time we were greeted by Phil and Kelly Bergh I started feeling at ease. The house is set up perfectly for guests and is world class! The entire contents were clean!!. "Shoes off at the door, Please! The breakfast!! OMG! Every time I took a bite you could hear my wife and I going Ummm! These people are 1st class in every sense of the word and I would definitely stay there again! Sincerely, Patrick & Susie Welch

Room Tip: We loved the Lighthouse room, but next time, we will stay in the Captains Room.. The view for either...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PatrickW3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Robin Hood Village Resort
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!